Boveda or integra boost?

I was wondering about the gassy terps too, but I have some Black Lime Reserve x GSD F6 (GG#4 x SSDD) testers from Copa curing up, and the stinky one still is smelling like pure diesel fuel and motor oil when I just cut open the first heat sealed one after a few months. I gotta double check but I think there’s a Boveda in there, undersized to the amount of weed but my set moisture is usually on point nowadays when I get them in the bags so it’s sorta there just for a little nudge.

3 Likes

growing it is only 1/2 the the process - drying and curing is the other 1/2 !!!

2 Likes

That’s a dessicant pack, not a humidity pack.

2 Likes

I use it to keep out mold

That’s fine, just know that it will only suck out moisture. It’s used to keep products dry. Funny thing is I googled the company, and it’s the same company that makes Integra humidity control packs.

2 Likes

They only suck out so much I found out and everything levels out, but they maintain a good percentage in the jar for a long time I have some of my long term storage 6 months plus jars that still are loud and well cured.the boveda b
Packs with the salt water in them I never understood how they worked.I always thought the idea was to maintain the humidity not add more to

I’m going to throw my .02 in here. Temps swing and so does humidity even in cold storage. Now these packs are meant to maintain a target humidity by design. If they are doing that then they will give off and absorb moisture and volatile terpenes while doing so. It took me 4 years to agree with what others informed me from experience. They will rob you of taste and smell. In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vincunt.

3 Likes

I went from jars to vacuum seal bags no packs right after hang and I dried the buds with a slow and steady drop in humidity to a good 9 day dry then right into mylar vacume seal bags What a difference in terp and taste.Much much louder and I saved a shit ton in dark jars you see how much them sons of bitches are these days? wowza.

1 Like

But how do you really feel?

3 Likes

I try and keep the storage #’s at the higher end; 65%. Which has me with Boveda = Bulk

sorry about that ! terpene packs now come on - money, money , money !!

Can you provide a link for these terpene packs from Boveda?

Edit: Never mind, I see they are from Integra, not Boveda. Those do seem sketch.

1 Like

My jars are at 55%, the grove bags at 53%… seems like the bag lost me 2 points. Is 53% too low & what do you suggest I do with it. Thnx!

1 Like

I’m no expert at curing. All I know is I’ve used 62% and 58% boveda in weathertight totes. It worked ok but my terps seem to drop off big in time. This go around these grove bags seem to be curing beautifully with the texture and increased high and preserving high terp profile with just over a month of curing and no flippin boveda or burpin. I don’t think 53 or 55 is a major problem. It’s big swings that are going to do damage. If that’s what your gear reads, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. Your Good Man!!! :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Right on, I put the majority of my harvest in the grove, I only put maybe 1.5oz in the jar. So here’s hoping the grove works! Thank CL :+1: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

They are working I know they are. @Jetdro is rockin a bunch of grove bags successfully. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Yes the bags work for me as advertised

1 Like

Used Bovedas for about 5 years and tried Integra a couple times. Bovedas worked for me. They measured the advertised RH with a meter in the jars even a year later. Integra did not maintain anywhere near what they said once I started measuring those.

Never personally had a problem with the Boveda packs “eating terps” or making things smell like hay.

Been using Grove bags for past couple harvests and so far they work fine as long as what you put in is already in the right range. They are more convenient for me than jars.

8 Likes

I’ve used both.

I find that they don’t make any difference if you dry properly(not too fast)

1 Like

I would wager that poor over drying that would necessitate the need for boveda is the real hay culprit.

5 Likes