Bowl Trimmers- whaddya think?

Hey OG! I’m about 5-6 weeks away from my first harvest ever and I’ve been reading about “trim jail”. Just wondering if anyone has used one of these bowl trimmers and what the pros/cons might be.
Here’s one that gets good reviews on Amazon, but what’s the catch?

2 Likes

The problem is usually lowering quality. It knocks off many trichomes and brings it from top shelf to mids or lows even if they look pretty.

Pro’s; It looks cool

Con’s;
It sucks
It beat the shit out of the buds
Trichomes are lost
Trim job is terrible

And in the end, with swaping buds, cleaning, you save very little time.
A good friend got one a long time ago, we used it once and after trimming one plant we stopped.
It was set a side, and never used again.

If you wanna fast way to trim, that won’t be as bad as this trimmer.
Hang dry after stripping fan leafs, then roll the buds between your palms and crumble the leaf tips once dry.
Not how I would do, but it’s a fast way to deal with large crops. Where you don’t care for well trimmed weed, but makes schwag.

7 Likes

What ^^^he^^^said^^^!

2 Likes

Thought they would be too good to be true! I don’t want to go through all the effort of this grow to screw it up at the last stage.

check out the trim job this little hash tumbler did.

3 Likes

I always plant a few outdoor strains every year and when they go nuts and get a good season they can be a 7-8’ and give an lb but they are not usually killer , anyhow I had more than I could handle and bought that or similar I almost hate to admit it wasn’t terrible but I suspect it’s because the outside buds always finish looser than indoors, atleast where I am.

1 Like

I have one and it sits on a shelf after the first time I used it. It was covered in resin, which should have stayed on the bud. Get a couple good pair of hand trimmers like my personal favorite: Chikamasa B-500SF and settle in. #trimjail

2 Likes

So glad I asked this question! I think the jury is in and I’m gonna stay away from these things. I need to experience a good trim party after my first grow anyway so I can fully appreciate every little bud that I grew. Treat them with the individual attention and respect they each deserve!

4 Likes

As long as it is the right sort of party, being just you and the girls.

When other people get involved it can be an invitation to problems.

It does not even need to be the people invited that cause problems, for example a mate of mine had his door broken down and he was roughed up in his kitchen and his weed stolen by dodgy mates of the son of one of his friends when he had his friend help him trim (just his friend, not even their son)…

1 Like

Bowl trimming is a quick way to reduce 3+ months of love and care to mids quality. Most bowl trimmers also require a wet trim which is also a way to reduce the final quality of the flowers.

2 Likes

Bowl trimmer pros - it saved my marriage

Bowl trimmer cons - it saved my marriage

:joy::joy::v:

13 Likes

how many people that previously commented have actually used one though? @Jellypowered has one of these bowl trimmers and seems to like it quite a bit. the buds look nice after, and any trichomes which are knocked off are not lost and can be collected.

i plan on getting one for myself as i hate trimming and my flowers are for myself anyways, i don’t sell, but the buds still look great afterwards anyways. altho i won’t pay the 100+ dollars asked on amazon, i’ll buy mine from alibaba

1 Like

Ive used one before and it was horrible. It smashes wet buds real bad. So, I dont understand the comment from someone up above saying they are meant for wet bud. It really beats and tears dry buds up. Im after a faster easier trim myself. The bowl trimmer is not the answer in my opinion. My next harvest im gonna try a silicon basting brush. Looks quick and easy and provides a nice clean trim without destroying resin heads supposedly.

4 Likes

Silicon basting brush ? Do you have a link ? More info please .

2 Likes

Watching this thread

Something like this

2 Likes

Yes. But just buy a silicon basting brush from amazon for like 5 bucks instead of paying out the ass for that rebranded silicon brush.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah for sure, just this one had a nice video explaining how it’s used.

Any silicone brush should do the trick!

1 Like