Trimbag any good?

As harvest gets near… One thing I don’t look forward to after 20 years is trimming… The commercial trimmers are little too pricey for me but I saw the trim bag and the videos i have seen have seemed like it works but I want to know if they are any good and if anyone has had good results from using one.

Thanks!
GR

1 Like

It’s expensive for what it is.
This peaked my interest though :+1:

Think you could use a regular silicone basting bush also

3 Likes

It’s stiffer and broader than a standard basting brush. I have one that I haven’t used yet but a few people said they do a decent job but that the drier the bud the better it does.

2 Likes

I like how easy it is to clean. Put it in the freezer for an hour and just give it a tap :+1:
I wet trim usually but if it’s as good as they say I’ll convert :v:

1 Like

Well shit, that brush looks like it works pretty damn good. Cheaper too! Hmm $24.00 I am gonna try it and see. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Your welcome buddy. Big difference to paying hundreds of dollars for a bag you shake :rofl:

1 Like

The hanging nets. If they’re too wet it will become flat. Plus they get sticky. I wasn’t a big fan of them.

2 Likes

I can’t find it right now, but I swear I read a review that says the brush is pretty good, but it’s better the more dry your buds are, which may be more dry than many people prefer. If I can find the review I’m looking for I’ll post a link here.

2 Likes

Please do bro. I f#cking hate trimming. I bought a bowl trimmer and I’m still using it. Cuts my harvest 10 fold but you loose a lot of trichomes using it. The canna brush video looks like it’s a perfect candidate/middle ground between hand trimming and the bowl trimmer for both time and trichome loss :+1:

2 Likes

I think the review I was thinking of is on instagram and I absolutely detest trying to search for posts there–especially since hashtags are soooo hit or miss there anymore.

But, I found this video review: https://youtu.be/Scgt94aksQs

And I found a review from one of the guys over on a different forum that I remembered reading too. From Sc00byD00bie over at Grass City:

I have it and tried it on my recent trim. It works but im not a fan.
The idea is you brush upwards and it breaks off all the leaves, leaving behind a clean nug. Problem is, the outer part of the nug must be bone dry for this to work, it there is any moister left it will just bend those leaves. I trim when my nugs are approximately 65% RH and the brush was only breaking off some of the leave but not all.
Also, when you brush I feel like its a bit too aggressive and causes the cola to move too much, potentially knocking off trichomes. I cannot confirm this but I just kinda didn’t feel comfortable using it for that reason.
After using it for a bit I tried using just my fingers to brush in the same manner, and guess what? My fingers did a much better job because I could control the force and be as gentle or hard as needed, without shaking the cola so much.
It’s very similar to a silicone basting brush but the bristles a tad stiffer and wider, which makes all the difference. I have one of those silicone basting brushes and they don’t work at all. Still, as I said above I’m not sure I would recommend it. Perhaps it could be useful for a commercial application when speed is the most important criteria.

2 Likes

If you dry your plants out enough your fingers are the best tool for the job. Here in the UK we often get “it looks leafy” I usually just grab my weed back and tell them to go elsewhere. The sugar leafs hold a lot of trichomes so why cut them off?? :rofl:
If people want perfectly trimmed buds go to a dispenserie and be even more disappointed :fu:

4 Likes

The solution to that: dry the buds as you normally would. Then, just before using the CannaBrush - put the buds in a room with a dehumidifier and take the humidity down to 35% for 2 or 3 hours (less if the buds are wispy). The outer leafage will be super dry and crispy - perfect for the CannaBrush to do its magic.

Alright, settle it for me then, do I need to buy the bowl, or should I just keep using my fingers? I only grow for myself, and I just make it into hash anyways. I only trim for fan leaves unless I’m giving some fat tops to a budddy.

1 Like

If it’s for personal use fingers will do but for $25 the brush will keep the trichomes off your fingers. A bowl trimmer is good if you yield a lot that you profit from though. Saves labour and time. :v:

1 Like

Must be different in the UK bcuz nobody where I’m from wants to pay for leaf & majority of people selling trim it up for bag appeal. They use the leaf for hash and sell that too lol

2 Likes

I’ve had the leafy complaint often. I’m not saying I leave all the sugar leafs on but if they are coated I wont trim them to much. Dab etc isn’t that popular here. I wish it was as I compost all my trim and that’s money lost.

3 Likes