Hand Trimming V.S. Machine Trimming

So I’ve been a long time lover of a good hand trimmed harvest. In my opinion, you just can’t beat the detail of a human hand. All the little nooks and crannies get taken care of. It’s time consuming as hell, but the finished product is superior imo. What do you guys think?

Id also be interested in your thoughts on wet trimming vs dry trimming. I’m a dry trim guy, much easier for me.

6 Likes

For personal, I like to hand trim. Hanging plants whole for a long dry.

I can see the appeal of machine trimmed for the grower from a business perspective and a lot of people like the “Cali look”

Remember the days of trimming outdoors for 3 months? Ha!

10 Likes

I enjoy hand trimming wet, its fun! Just watch Trailer Park Boys on a loop. Its not “trim jail” for me :laughing:
20230407_182631

End result

18 Likes

I prefer dry trimming by hand. After curing for a few weeks. The brittle leaves crumble right off. Plus leaving the little bud leaves on allows the buds to dry and cure slowly so terpenes seem to be retained longer i think.

8 Likes

I’m old school, hand trimming all the way bromigos…

Vietnam Thunder Fuck

12 Likes

Don’t remind me lol my hands are cramping just thinking about the ole outdoor days…

2 Likes

Hand trimming for sure for sure, I heard some people call it it “trim jail” lol :rofl: but something about it is satisfying for me it’s like the final bit of leg work before finally enjoying the fruits of my labor :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m the laziest hand trimmer there is a bowl trimmer might even be better for me.

1 Like

I have a bowl trimmer but I’ve been too lazy to try it. Wonder how it performs…

1 Like

Cheapest haircut you’ll ever get.

2 Likes

Wet trimming for life, and never a machine and none of that wet trimming is not for large scale crap, we’ve done huge outdoor grows and wet trimmed it all. I think it gives the buds a far superior look and keeps the trichome on the nugs. Dry, machines etc are just easier ways to accomplish an inconvenient task. But bald hardball nugs are nasty :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Dry, hand trim for me. Personally, I feel like if I’m going to spend the time growing and caring for the crop, why try to cut corners at the very end?

Attention to detail and quality from start to finish :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hand job, and I like all the bits left on the bud. Those skinned dispo buds, they can keep!! Zero interest to me. Buds with fuzz for me!

3 Likes

I’d probably at least try a machine, since I’m lazy - growing in organic SIPs with controllers for everything, I pretty much let the plants do all the work. I have a friend who actually enjoys hand trimming though, so I just let him do it. :slight_smile: Best of both worlds.

2 Likes

I’m gonna buy one of these style fan leaf trimmers for my outdoors:

Then I’ll wash, hang dry and then hand trim for refinement. :+1:

2 Likes

I have better things to do with my time than hand trim. I make hash so I am not concerned about how much is taken off the bud. Only true buds survive my trimmer… What use to take a week now takes less than a minute. If it broke today I would go by another one.

GR

12 Likes

Hand trim. Wet trim. I’m a small scale grower. -just a few plants. Machine trim is impractical and perhaps a little sloppy. The turgidity of the wet (fresh) bud makes it easier to trim IMO and results in a better manicure. .

2 Likes

hand trimming for me but sadly i dont get to trim alot with my hands now a dayz but me daughter has trimmed since she was about 5 and does a damn good job. i told her the other day im gonna get a pqir of handcuffs with a long chainso i can cuff he to the table and she will really be in trimjail…lol

2 Likes

:dart: :dart: :100:

I’m going to hire an army of elves for my next trimming escapade.

5 Likes