Breeder credibility

I know I have seen this get kind of tense, when discussing specific breeders, so if this starts some civil war, I will try to pull the post down. I was looking at my seedventory, and I realized through either one off wants, or included freebies, I have seeds from a lot of breeders, and I don’t think I could say if any were more credible than the next. All choices I made were based on availability, description, and picture.

So, I hesitantly want to ask if anyone has any opinion on these breeders, good or bad. Just please phrase your feedback in a way as to not offend anyone else. That is not what I want here.

Breeders:
G13 Labs
Barneys Farm
HSO
Nirvana
Pheno Finder
Dinafem
Green House Seeds
T H Seeds
DNA Genetics
Europa
Freedom of Seeds
Pyramid
Sweet Seeds
710 Genetics
Advanced Seeds
Big Head
Cali Connection
Crockett Family Farms
Delicious Seeds
Dutch Passion
Expert Seeds
Female Seeds
Garden of Green
Greenbud Seeds
House of the Great Gardener
Paradise Seeds
Rare Dankness
Reserva Privada
Serious Seeds

6 Likes

@other_barry Nirvana for cheap F1s I have no problem growing their

beans

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

Many of the breeders listed here you can find grow logs right here on OG for some of their offers at least, likely many.

Unfortunately, this is a strange blanket question about literally thousands of strains between the breeders listed. I personally have grown offerings from at least 9 of these breeders of which 3 or more are talked about and shown in my personal grow logs.

My suggestion is to do your own research (you are already connected with an amazing resource right here on OG) narrow your search down a bit to particular strains from said breeders and chip away at it that way. Otherwise, just pop freebies and see what you think, this the point of freebies.

Hope you find what you are looking for friend.

10 Likes

Love Dutch Passion, have had good results with Barneys Farm but some have not.

I would add to your list: Bog, Bodi & JOTI - excellent breeders all.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

There are a lot of european companies that capitalize on the name recognition of popular strains from california like blue dream and cookies, but sell random spanish/european genetics.
Humboldt Seed Organization is a major culprit. Many companies misrepresent their genetics, but HSO actually claims to be from Humboldt even though they are based in spain.
HSO has no connection with humboldt.

I grew a few freebies from HSO and they had no resemblance to the bay area clone only genetics they were named after. I know the real thing, I have a good basis of comparison and these imitations are awful.

I would say HSO has no credibility at all. There is just no way that any of the stuff I have seen from them contained the bay area genetics they claim to breed with.

Frankly, I would be extremely cautious of any of large european seed companies that claim to have access to bay area genetics.

8 Likes

I love Bodhi and BOG and am hoping to get some JOTI seed soon. I hear great things about them and have for years. Lots of good breeders out there and they all have at least 1 killer strain and most have several that are fire.

4 Likes

Its been several year but I had good luck with Nirvana. Wonder Woman was the second strain I ever grew. They have good beans for cheap. Just expect 2-3 weeks on getting your beans.

5 Likes

My money is on serious otherwise stay local.
Nirvana, Gypsy in general is the lowest slimeball on earth

But you really need to do your own homework instead of taking a shortcut like most when learning to grow

6 Likes

I have experience with nirvana and serious seeds. No complaints

1 Like

I only bought once from nirvana and more times then I can remember from serious. Nirvana was always one that had a lot of different phenotypes

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback so far, and yeah, I agree I need to do my own research, as well as just try some of these. I am trying to figure out what my next grow should be. These responses are exactly what I was hoping to get, to try and help me with my decision. I have a few in mind at the moment, that I want to try next, but most will have to wait their turn.

2 Likes

Can i ask what pack or packs you have from crockett?

Sure. Looks like I got a freebie SSOG (Super Silver Haze x OG Kush x OG18)

2 Likes

A Strain list is what you need on here if you are looking for everyone’s pick for your next grow. Breeder-strain

3 Likes

Cool, I will my top picks together and post that.

2 Likes

I got trainwreck from green house seeds and absolutely loved it. I’ve been told to stay away from Barney’s Farm, no personal experience with them but I trusted the guy’s advice.

2 Likes

If you want some BOG you better buy them quick. He passed away a couple days ago and I’m not sure if pat will continue on his work or even continue to sell beans.

2 Likes

Nirvana is credible IMHO. I’ve grown their stuff and it was spot on :fire: stuff for very reasonable prices/availability. When I joined up, I was asked for faves and immediately listed Nirvana (large company) and BOG(indie) as reputable.

2 Likes

That BOG stuff looks good, from what I’ve seen on a quick search, but it also looks a little out of my price range. hopefully it sticks around for a little while.
p.s. love the username :slight_smile:

I might add the Nirvana stuff I grew was a good hybrid that grew vigorously with not much attention. I didn’t treat it special and it did great.

2 Likes