Breeding exclusivly with reversed plants

I have no idea what kind of setup you have. But i best world, you would pop all seeds. Take 2 purple sisters. Top both. Seperate them, use STS on both and then run P1s S1 then find a purple pheno STS it again, then find a P1s S2 purple and STS that once again. Then take P2s S1 and reversing it to S3 and pop both P1s and P2s S3 find 2 purple phenos then STS one of them and let the other one carry the seeds. These seeds would have very high purple pheno and get abit of a vigor boost. Not alot of boost but enough to have quite Nice purple seeds. Also you would have seeds to end of time :blush::+1:t2:

1 Like

What happens when you let a male cutting stay in a pot too long and it throws out a pistil when it gets stressed?Is it possible to have it pollenate itself?If it does what chances are thr male female ratio are 50/50 like a regular photo?Are the seeds sterile?

2 Likes

@CapnCannabis You can reverse males and self them. The YY seeds wont even be made so all seeds you have left is 33% females and 66% males and they are not steril

2 Likes

I left one go in a pot a little too long and he threw pistils.I tossed him and I’m kind of regretting doing it I really wanted to see what those seeds would do.Would that process I emulated be similar to using ethephon ?would using those seeds be closer to make an ibl?

Alot of growing is the process. Time, care, and patience produce the best weed and a well thought out breeding program produces the best results… Breeding with all females is great but from a holistic standpoint it can’t be the complete picture. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day. The simplicity of working your heirlooms season after season, both males and females, is something beautiful.

*Insert Bodhi plug :wink:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

IBL and selfing is two quite different things. Real IBLs have a more diverse gene pool then selfed plants. You can breed a selfed plant to S3 and cross those seeds with IBL, F6+, BX3 or other S3 to achieve full vigor. But a self selfed plant, aka hermi, is not a good option to do any type If breeding with. IBL and landrace aka heirloms are not the same thing. Most “landrace” strains have Great variety. They usually have a range of leaflet sizes. This makes “landraces” to diverse for maximum hybrid vigor.

3 Likes

I got a very small 2x2 feet grow tent,so I think this Is not very possible,but selfing once It is

You can self once and you will get alot of seeds. And you will find purple phenos in those fem seeds, not just 100%

1 Like

is this a good place to ask Question about reversing issue ??.

thanks …

5 Likes

what issues are you having? info that might be helpful:

• sts or colloidal silver
  • self prepared?
2 Likes

sts and i mixed it myself.

issue is the reverse went beautifully but there just not dropping pollen, and they at the slightest shake the balls just fall off. very annoying seeing how good they look just to have all the balls fall off and the sac never really opening and giving any pollen. this is the second round that is doing this. and with two different STS stock.

head scratcher for-sure …

3 Likes

I know some strains will reverse easier than others, I have the same thing happening right now with a black lime special reserve f5, flowers just won’t open and fall off. I’m interested in what others have to say a well. I have hit it with CS and this round is STS.

yup the last 6 plants i have tried were no goes, so thinking it cant be the plant not 6 different ones in a row. i have done reverse projects before with great success but for what ever reason i can seem to get them to drop any pollen now.

frustrating for-sure …

2 Likes

That is for dang sure, not to mention the 2 months of waiting. I’ve now had it happen with 3 strains/cultivars.
I even made sure to use the STS extra times than usual, I hit her 7 times 3-4 days apart.
No idea but I would like to know why also!!

1 Like

yup just not sure …

1 Like

they all look great just do not understand what the damn issue is at all, ive never had this problem until recently. last time i thought well two year old spray just was not fresh enough even though the reverse went great. so i made up a brand new fresh batch and still nothing. this plant above was sprayed just one time i never spray more then three and usually only twice about a week apart. by the 4 week mark im getting the magic dust and by week five they have all been worked and thanked and tossed out.

yupp humm …

1 Like

I let her keep going In hopes, no luck.

1 Like

exactly going through the same thing over here, at some time they just turn color and fall off. day 29 here and starting to get some discoloration on the sacs so i know whats next for them.

humm …

1 Like

I did have this happen with a cross I made. I tried to reverse her and none of the flowers opened. I really wanted a few seeds, so I took some of the sacks(dried) and crushed them up in a cryovial, dunked the paint brush in and went for it. Got 8 seeds from that try, so the pollen inside may be OK but just won’t open and fall out?! I have no idea… worth a shot if not wanting a ton of seeds.

3 Likes

that’s an ok thing to do but for me im trying to produce fem seed lines and a dozen or two seeds does me no good what so ever.

just not sure at all …

1 Like