breeding with ga3

LOL I love it. :seedling:

2 Likes

Eewww to ga3… grab the CS… I’ve tried both ga3 and STS as well… ga3 = problems (imho) and STS stains your shit… Food/Pharmaceutical grade CS can be bought for the low, diluted (if need be) and sprayed on target nodes @20+ ppm (I generally go for 50) once a day for a week before the flip and up until confirmed reversal (usually during / shortly after stretch) with zero issues.

4 Likes

Soooo. Technically if it doesn’t reverse the girl, can it be used as a growth harmone to make your plants give you an extra few ounces per ?
I’ve been using a natural extraction of Triacontanol to increase size, but it never was as drastic as that !

And I would use STS. It’s easy to make with some inexpensive items you can buy on Amazon or eBay. One purchase will allow you to make gallons of it. You can even dilute it to get even more.

2 Likes

Oh it does work for reversal as far as I know. It’s just the option with the worst side effects I know of. The best application in the cannabis world seems to be in germination.

Also, check the pictures of Mr.Sparkle and CADMAN. The plants don’t get more internodes, just longer stalks. That would not give you any more flower. I have not seen it used on flowers, but if it has an effect on them other than not appearing, it’s probably none you would like.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. Oh yes, I think I remember reading to use it on seeds or as they are poping. I personally have never tried it, but I remember reading about it in high times many, many years ago. I guess I’ll stick with the Triacontanol. It’s cheap to make and works really well.

2 Likes

I’ve read that ga3 is best used on seeds before… but perhaps not always, or perhaps it’s just a rumor? Someone did an experiment, and the seeds hit with ga3 didn’t germinate more reliably, but did have a much higher death rate after germination. As high as 100%. Germinating old Seeds - #44 by MadScientist

If anyone else has done any testing with it, I’d be interested to see the results.

1 Like

It depends on the strength I guess. I have some in the fridge but don’t plan on using it for anything. I have not had the joy of germinating old precious seeds so far but I’d probably go with H2O2 or KNO3.

I plant my seeds directly in soil and add water. :man_shrugging:

What ppm did the plant get sprayed with? I have a deep chunk that I would like to try this on!

i cant comment on the ppm that produced that hydra-monster of a plant, but i am planning on testing ga3 vs sts. generally people apply between 50ppm → 250ppm of ga3 to retard the ethylene pathway. it makes them go bonkers with growth as well as push out male flowers.

2 Likes

I have a real good deep chunk that absolutely doesn’t want to grow very much and wanted to do a clone and see if the GA3 would do something like what happened with stretch the Wonder Weed you tried it on :grin:

so i wasnt the person who posted that photo, but i have used ga3. if youre in veg, itll retard growth for a bit. itll seem like that plant has just stopped growing. then youll see it start pushing out a crazy amount of branching. itll look like a revegged plant, all spindly and gnarly. at this point i grab a couple of branches im interested in, start training, then cull all the rats nest thats left over.

if you have a clone that just doesnt want to grow much, ga3 might not be the right approach. itll stunt her for a couple of weeks

1 Like

@Mr.Sparkle I wonder if the “willow” bud structure has anything to do with an overproduction of GA3 in the meristems?
:robot:

2 Likes

Or just how it affected the plant, honestly no idea.

1 Like

The deep chunk is very short and super bushy so thought I would try it and see what it does. Not sure if I were to run it in flower and give it to see if it stretches and possibly herms can use pollen to make seeds so running another with it might be possible. Not sure what the exact process would be but will need to read up on it.

Refer to post from Feb 24…
Simple answer, don’t bother with GA3.

1 Like

Can I add that pic to my album? Ha!

There is a research paper with results at 20 ppm iirc.
Too much no balls I hear.

2 Likes

Sure no problem :blush: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve used ga3 several times, only a few times balls formed at all & never did I actually get any pollen from any of them. Just shit loads of hight growth, long node spacing & overall health of plant went to shit.

Personal opinion, Male + Female = Quality Genetics :ok_hand: I stopped using chemicals a while ago.

2 Likes

Totally agree but don’t have a male and waiting on RSC to get some seeds but nothing yet. Plus wanted to see if I could get some growth out of it just short and bushy so…

spray them with a 100ppm solution for five days, then toss into flowering. two weeks later put the seed producing mothers in the same

3 Likes

Post photos of results plz :pray:

1 Like