Bringing cameras to the grow room

How do you make sure you don’t spread nasties into your garden with your camera?

I wipe my camera down then wait at least two days before i go in my grow room with it. Is this good? I rarely take pictures and have taken more photo’s since i rejoined OG than i ever have. Ha! Ha! I guess ya’ll inspire me. :grin:

1 Like

Any insect can attach to your skin or cloths, so I don’t think camera is dangerous in any way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I shower and change clothes before i go in my grow room. If there was a mite or something on my camera that i miss when i wipe it, would waiting two days be long enough for it to leave and look for food? I assume so but thought i would see what you all thought.

2 Likes

I think that if that’s the case, you are doing probably a lot more to prevent infestation than most growers …

2 Likes

:thinking:

An air puffer (the kind used to clean lenses) and a quick once-over with isopropyl alcohol wipes would probably be more than enough. I’d hope that your camera wouldn’t be a strong source for hitchhikers: it’s made of delightfully smooth and synthetic materials, and you’re hopefully not leaving it lying on the ground or anything.

Feel free to point at this post and laugh when I lose all of my plants to spider mites.

2 Likes

I do hang it up or set it down on tables in the shade from time to time. I am taking pictures and working at the same time a lot. I hate dealing with infestations, and would rather show a little patience and stop the problems before they start. It seems like i am taking enough precautions. Thank you @oranje and @LemonadeJoe for helping me think this out.

2 Likes

Exactly what i intend to do, plus i bought the space suit for the thing… LOL

2 Likes

Healthy paranoia :grin: Losing my Kali Mist mum to spider mites was the worst.

1 Like

Ouch! That would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Dude if you even thinking about this you good fosho!

2 Likes

semi-related, what do you use to correct white balance on a blurple LED?? (can’t wait until my HLG drivers arrive for my quantum boards :smiley:)

1 Like

I have no idea about that stuff. Hopefully somebody else does.

Sometimes alcohol wipes work good to avoid contamination.
The grow room acts like a lightbox no need for flash.

2 Likes