B's 2020 grow diary/gets told it's not right

So I figure is start something I can just post in (hopefully I hit the right section) this is going to be an outdoor guerrilla style type grow.
This is a minimal input grow with as much as I can sourced locally or for free as possible. I have a bit of a deer/rabbit problem near me so chicken wire and a certain number of sacrificial babies are calculated in so 1/4 - 1/2 may get munched before I get my medicine.
Holes will get cow poop mixed with straw (locally sourced) used coffee grounds (making them right now) and a mulch of whatever leafs or grasses are close by. I do have charcoal and ash at my disposal but I’m not sure on when to use them. The soil here is already pretty awesome but maybe perlite to help with not drowning before they can deal with it.
Seeds
Gelato (don’t know anything more than the name. They work nice indoors but may take too long for my summer)
I’m in the process of getting new auto seeds but no names yet.
thank you to everyone that has helped me so far

And a link cause it’s the best so far.
https://www.seedstockers.com/en/mix-pack-autoflower-cannabis-seeds

21 Likes

Love guerilla grows, good luck with yours. :seedling:

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan.

If you use the hardwood charcoal, you only need a very little bit. Up to 10% of your total amendments. The ash is mostly potassium which is covered by your other amendments, so it might be better left out.

Best of luck

3 Likes

This should be a good show. I’ve always wanted to do a guerrilla grow, but living in the desert, that just doesnt seem possible. :cactus: :sun_with_face:

7 Likes

Soooooo i may have tripped and spilt some water … Need to practice cloning anyway.

7 Likes

Okay so a little update. First part of this is turning 5 auto seeds into many. Im still looking for more autos to expand the diversity by breeding so im going to f1 some dark spark autos and hopefully get atleast one different strain to cross with. I will post some pics once they pop their heads out. Two hit water on the 11th, seeds cracked on the 12th and into coco and perlite. I will select the best to spray with CS when they show sex to get some pollen.

3 Likes

Its been a while, dark sparks are tiny in the black pots, gelato are in the green taped up ones and the photo kinda sucks.

10 Likes

Two applications of osmocote or similar slow release product could double your outdoor yield. Shake, cover with a little dirt, done.

Not expensive whatsoever, either.

3 Likes

Tell me more? sounds interesting

Osmocote is a slow release fertilizer made of little balls (prills) that you apply in and around the planting zone. It lasts a few months. It’s dirt cheap and it works well. You can buy it on Amazon or any garden store (not hydro store) for next to nothing.

1 Like

Ahh I see, I have some miracle gro slow release but it is a different npk and that’s free free because I don’t have to buy it will that do?

5 Likes

Quick update before my j. 3 non feminised auto blueberry have gone into water today. The hopes are for one female minimum to CS. I will be collecting male pollen if I have space to keep him but as soon as I have female pollen on the way I will be popping more autos in water to pollinate!

3 Likes

@Bob13 just realized who you are :face_with_monocle::cowboy_hat_face: lol use some human or dog hair spread around the plants to keep the deer away

2 Likes

Ya and pee around your sites too to scare stuff away. @Bob13 the slow release miracle gro should be very similar to osmocote.

So it takes you two runs to get some feminized auto seeds? One to pick a female to flip sex and one round to do the pollination? It’s something I want to try eventually.

4 Likes

With autos by the time you reverse one a plant on the same timeline will be in flower and not have enough time to make seeds.

4 Likes

Ahhhh your wrong there, but it is more beneficial to run the plants you wish to pollinate about 2 weeks behind.

Just have made plenty of seed from plants that i have reversed at the same time, even on the same plant.

5 Likes

Thank you for correcting me, im still new to this. Just repeating what i heard which isnt the best haha.

Blueberry’s have all cracked their shells and shown a tiny bit of a taproot so all into coco as of today

3 Likes

Light upgraded! Im now running a bridgelux gen 2 strip setup at around 49w per sq ft at 18 inches ish.
Blueberry’s have just popped their heads above the soil and are opening their baby leafs to a new light woo!
Thanks are to cola for building my light.

3 Likes

Ive somewhat recently run into issues running that high and getting phototoxicity, and am actually running in the 20-25w/sqft range at the moment, just something to be aware of if your plants are looking mopey

2 Likes

Ooh thanks for the tip @Mr.Sparkle , what kind of distances are you using? And what age plants? For comparison.I figured I’d start high and if They take it then leave it and if not then lower, not sure if it’s just me or they may have gotten lighter already but we will see tomorrow!

2 Likes