Intro to me and my black candyland grow

Hello all, just wanted to start up a new thread to introduce myself and my grow.

I am doing 7 Black Candyland seeds from Jordan of the Islands.
Set up is a 4x4x8 foot grow tent,
1 3000w Bloom Plus LED light,

Promix HP Mycorrhizae,
-will be going from solo cups to 2 or 3 gallons until they can be sexed, then to 5 gallon containers.
4 inch fan and carbon filter,
2 small non articulating fans.

Nutrients:
3 part Holland Secret Mix Holland Secret Tri-Pack (3 x 500mL) | Future Harvest
Cal-Max,
Honey Chome- basically a sugar solution,

This will be my 3rd run in this tent. And boy has it been rough lol.

35 Likes

Gonna be following this

1 Like

Its been rough because the first go around, i had aphids enter the tent. I believe this was because the soil mix i was using at the time was contaminated with the bastards. After a hard fought battle, i cut down the tent and made ice hash and then edibles and tried not to think of the bugs i was eating. I figured it was punishment for beong so cheap and using questionable soil.

The 2nd grow, again calamity struck, but this time in the form of spider mites! The varmints had entered due to an outbreak amongst my gfs house plants. She took in some outdoor plants from a friend and the bastards infested pretty much everything in the house. Luckily my grow was nearly done, so i just cut everything down before the spider mites infiltrated my basement and the tent.

A picture from last go around

22 Likes

Hmmm.
JOTI Black Candyland, Promix, Holland Secret…
sounds like you should check out the Canadian Contingent thread too… :laughing: :+1:

I’ll follow along…

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Looks fun, I’m following too :+1:

1 Like

And why 7 seeds from the same strain? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull Wishing you better luck with bugs this time, following along … popcorn

2 Likes

Fuck I hate aphids. Finally got rid of them. I ended up cooking my soil in the oven, had a few hanging out as I had some plants I did not want to lose. I feel much better about life now. Hope you beat them.

3 Likes

I usually can’t bring myself to pop any less than 5 of the same strain. Usually enough variation in phenotypes unless you’re growing something super inbred to make it worthwhile and I like to see what a decent representation of the strain might be before I potentially keep one around.

4 Likes

Going to follow along here too, have wanted to grow out the black candyland and have had decent success with other joti strains

2 Likes

Gpaw- lol is it that bad? It may have been a quick trip to canadian tire for most things. And joti also interests me because he does fair priced 15 seed packs of great genetics and throws in a free extra 15 pack. I got the rom x hot rod, which looks good in and of itself.
Welcome along basement beans.
George- i have been doing multiple strain grows the last few years in general and want to just do a monocrop. Just wanted to do 7 because thats about half a pack.
Bunny- i have battled the bugs long and hard and i thunk i came out ahead.

8 Likes

The babies are chugging along.

When do you begin to add nutrients to mediums like coco or promix? I wait till the 3rd weak generally and add 1/4 strengrh mix liquid nutes and slowly increase. The increase is usually based on how tall the plabt is and what the roots are looking like.

Ime, promix holds moisture pretty well under the surface, so uts better to go easy on the watering till the plants are able to uptake water at a good rate.

5 Likes

Things are looking good, just developed the first true leaf sets.

23 Celsius in the day, drops to 17 or so overnight. Humidity is 45. Starting seedling strength nutrient mix next week

I try not to top my plants at all, just lst and bending, so waiting for the 5th internode to begin.

So still waiting. I do love the look of these little babies though.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking at a bunch of the JOTI black family of strains, specifically this one & the Black Garlic. Definitely keeping an eye on this one!

Also a promix HP (plus some extra perlite) grower here.

3 Likes

BEAULTIFUL PLANTS!
KEEP ON THAT WAY!
NICE TO SEE You grow dude…

2 Likes

Thanks guys, very excited for this strain. Going to do things properly this go around. I will be taking clones and give some away as backups in case they are needed. Hoping for something really good

4 Likes

I feed starting day zero in coco, as in the pots are watered in with full strength Jack’s 321 before they are even planted.

2 Likes

Hmmm, interesting. I always tend to go easy on the nutes at first.

Started watering with nutrients on Thursday.

Looking good, first true leafs are formed and while they are quite squat still, they are already branching out.

8 Likes

Looking prefect! Nice fat healthy babies. Yeah I went easy on the nutes as well early at first. But when I switched to jacks a few growers I trusted said hit em from day one. Been doing that about a year now.

2 Likes

Looks good man… hope you’re not a grudge holder… I have some black candy land and black Delato from joti , so cool to see some run before I run them… I hear good things about the black line…

1 Like

Hold a grudge? No ill be your canary in a coal mine.

I have been really excited by this strain, but havent seen a full grow report or anything yet. So i am pumped to be one of the first

1 Like