B's 2020 grow diary/gets told it's not right

Now you can see why i call those ^^^ crinkle mutants

1 Like

Haha yeah Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s due to overwatering though I killed the other one I think hahahaha, hopefully Iā€™ll get a touch of pollen and Iā€™ll be starting off three without perlite to stop the over watering just wish I had more than 5 and time to get used to them hehehe but new seeds from these and the blueberries should give me a real good chance of getting to know them!

well crinkles are worth continuing on imo but each to their own

2 Likes

Yeah im not killing any off on purpose at the moment but if you lookā€¦

They are both the same age and ill see if i can pull it back but im a little doubtful. Ill give it a day or two more and then start spraying cs on the one showing for pollen and ill be starting the last three dark sparks tomorrow in small cups then maybe a cookies kush on Monday cause of this new solo cup competition!

2 Likes

Note to self.
1 cookies kush and 3 dark sparks hit water yesterday (22nd)
Started spraying cs on the biggest dark.spark the same day. Two applications per day is planned, one in the am and one in the pm.

2 Likes

Very cool, will be following. Been thinking about popping a couple of the dark sparks myself

2 Likes

@Upstate over here dude, this is my grow thread.

1 Like

Use coyote pee for Critters. Use a Ziploc bag propped open with a toothpick or a stick with cotton balls soaked in the urine inside. It keeps the rain from washing the smell off. You can pick it up at any archery supply shop. Anything coyotes eat will avoid this area. Edit. Donā€™t touch the baggies with your bare hands if youā€™re in an illegal area

2 Likes

Also although it may not be in your budget,blood meal works. Donā€™t put it directly around your plants once theyā€™re established, because coyotes and others will dig at it ,but placed maybe 15 or 20 feet away, it smells like a scene of assassination to any other critters

2 Likes

We donā€™t have any predators of the deer here now as itā€™s all been killed off, best I can do Is dog poopf. I swear Iā€™m in one of the tamest countries for wildlife, the most dangerous thing is ticā€™s that carry limes disease. deer, rabbits, badgers and foxs. Iā€™m interested in those things but budget is getting tighter and tighter now.

2 Likes

Bit of a family shot haha hopefully you can pick out whatā€™s what. Gelato in the green, dark sparks on the left and blueberry on the right and bottom center

7 Likes

Last two blueberry autos went into water today

One blueberry is for sure a male. I think its taking a bit to get used to the light being closer so nothing is being changed and just incase its over watering its not getting water for a bit and next watering will have some hydrogen peroxide in it to hopefully help a bit.

Nothing much else to report. All seeds that have been planted have come up except my old tomato seeds and pepper seeds but some of them are around 12 years old so eh

6 Likes

Iā€™m 99% sure I got three boys from these blueberry autos. Two random autos went into water today to make up for it. Should have lots of pollen soon but with any luck between the three dark sparks, two blueberry and two random autos I should have 5-7 females in a month or so ā€¦ Touch wood.

The droop turned into bleaching of top leafs so the light has been moved further away. I should rename this into Bā€™s 2020 torture chamber/gets told he is doing it right hahahahaha

2 Likes

So, whats new?
The darksparks are up and growing, the older one im spraying is going purple and leafs are getting some major damage from the cs but thats to be expected and it smells super fruity, like an orange or something citrusy and sweet which im loving. (Day 13 of spraying)

All that were drooping are now back up and happy after a flush and they had a low dose of food. one blueberry is stretching and gathering balls at speed the others are putting on balls but not so speedy. Smell is kinda meh and average green weedy smell so far.

Last of the blueberry have cracked and shown taproot so into coco they went yesterday.

Randoms are showing roots too but since im lazy they will wait. Im thinking of attempting a pure perlite hempy style grow and a kratky style grow for them but any advice would be very welcome as im experimenting.

Any observations i should be taking?

1 Like

Okay so one is dropping pollen. Do I chop it and dry it or something or pick off the balls as they crack?

2 Likes

You can put parchment paper or something around the base of it or under the branches to collect the pollen. Whatā€™s your plan for it?

1 Like

Plan is to pollinate two of the dark sparks and probably the two mystery autos plus if I get a female blueberry with the regular blueberry pollen but they are still a good 4 + weeks off even showing sex.

The feminised dark sparks pollen depending on how much I get and if I get some will pollinate the third dark spark and possibly One of the others.

I will cut discs of card and set them around the bottom of the stems to catch any falling pollen and I will mark and maybe pick out my favourite of the ones to pollinate with.

I have three or four people that are interested in auto pollen so I will be sharing what I can. Iā€™m not really fussed now about feminised pollen because itā€™s a faff but if it works then I may as well use it! feminised seeds are pretty useful especially when I get things like this happening with three boys and no girls from the blueberries haha

1 Like

Cool, sounds like a fun project. Iā€™ve grown a few dark sparks, they have a really amazing smell and taste, lost of purple phenos too. It will be cool to see them crossed with blueberry.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m really enjoying the smell of the one Iā€™m spraying and Iā€™m kinda sad I wonā€™t get to taste it for a while, hope I donā€™t loose the smell in the cross but if I get enough seeds Iā€™m sure one will have it!
Technically this is supposed to be the first part of my three part plan for an outdoor grow but itā€™s getting later and later hahaha I have seeds on standby ready for outside so plans arenā€™t ruined but next year Iā€™ll be ready!

3 Likes

Ya it takes time for sure but it seems like youā€™ll be stockpiled for next year for sure.

2 Likes