BUGS ON BUDS picture show: protective defenders

7 Likes

6 Likes

A wasp in the first photo? Couldn’t think in anything but a wasp :thinking:

1 Like

Gonna build some lady bug homes with my daughter.

7 Likes

I found this little friend in the house a few weeks ago, and brought it down to the grow area.
Yesterday, she reappeared on one of the plants. Didn’t expect her to still be kicking!

7 Likes

Hi man, meet again.
You know this insect for sure.

Dragonfly, it feeds on mosquito larvae too…
There is a species of sunn hemp that attracts like dragonflies. And in northeastern Brazil, it helps to control the dengue mosquito…

3 Likes

He pulled the leaf together???

2 Likes

@Gugumelo Very cool man, never saw this colour in dragonflys!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Indeed, the spider made a little tent with the leaf. If I rustled the leaf at all the spider would rush out to attack.

2 Likes

Native Mantis…

9 Likes

I love jumping spiders! They have really funny personalities. Get the gnats!

Jumping spider protecting my Hoodoo x Sk18 keeper

4 Likes

Another Jumpin Spider on my RIL SOWAH reveg attempt. Funny little guys.

4 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

What is that?

@PineTarBastard I believe it to be some kind of shield bug

1 Like

some lacewings spiders and have a few praying mantis on my plants too have to get some pictures of

4 Likes

I think those are cucumber beetles. I think they can do damage, but they don’t seem to be too bad on the cannabis. I have lots of them here some years.

Those things are the best. So funny to watch sometimes. Google them up and there are some cool facts and cool videos. They come in lots of colors, too. They make the best close ups. They have 8 eyes on their head and it makes them look like an alien. Google Colorado Jumping spider.

They get big fast. I have a few in the house at times but I leave them alone. They trap and kill flies which we can get a lot of, depending on which way the wind blows.

4 Likes

@GMan They’re from Nature’s Good Guys and should be Hippodamia Convergens. Whatever they may be, they are hungry lil muthas that go to work on spider mites instantly. They never took the first bite out of my plants.

3 Likes