Help Identifying Bugs I'm Being Asked To Help With.... Bugs. What Are They?

Someone contacted me with this question…

“What do you think of these??”

Along with this single image…

Does anyone know what these are? I don’t have a clue, I’ve never seen them. They are outdoors in Southwest Missouri.

I asked a couple of follow-up questions but they have not yet responded.

Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration regarding this matter!

tup,
WHAB

5 Likes

I’d reply: “They’re f*cking gross.” :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Aphids look like to me

1 Like

Not a response that came to me immediately BUT, I will consider positing your conclusion IF they ever respond back to me! ROFLMAO

ROFLMAO,
WHAB

1 Like

That’s I would say but they look like they are both 50 times larger! Like the old movies on Saturdays that were usually Sc-fi or mild horror. There was a movie about scorpions the size of small buildings, same with spiders, ants, you get it… and they always came out of a cave.

Maybe these are Godzilla aphids!! :scream:

Uh, I’m not sure. They look like pests.

2 Likes

Yeah they look a bit more white too. So maybe they arent. The ones on my tomatoes are more green. But that could be lighting that they looked more white

Without knowing more than what was provided in OP, it does sort of resemble the sugarcane aphid.

Much Thanks, so far! winky

tup,
WHAB

Albino Leafhopper? :smirk:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I had a pic of one(too many photos so i deleted his ass). 6 legged freak things. I’ll take a pic of the outdoor grow here in a few hours. I thought they were spiders but from the pics i took. Its probably eating mites or aphids. But im sure some genius will know once i post the pic. They get along ok with daddy-long-legs. Hard body helps. It has a exoskeleton.

1 Like

Looked up pics of the sugarcane aphid on google. Its a match from the pics i took yesterday.

Leafhopper nymphs are getting ready to emerge as adults.

9 Likes

From that one picture, it does look like you called it!

They look like this, imo.

Thank you, @Gpaw!

And, subsequently, thank you, @buzzmobile !

Thank you ALL for chipping in and helping out! tup

You’re all smoke,
WHAB

8 Likes

Buzz is the bug guru here

3 Likes

Seems I’m late to the party with my bush cricket … frech|nullxnull

7 Likes

I found these on my squash this morning in my garden. They look like some type of beetle but I’m not sure. Are the brown spots eggs or :poop:?

1 Like

Check this out:

6 Likes

Thank you @Northern_Loki

4 Likes

They’re nasty little critters. I had some outdoor problems with my vegetable garden. I couldn’t control all of it. Started using too much pesticides. So I’m changing my time a year of growing my vegetables outside. Destroyed my cabbage broccoli and cauliflower. Very depressing I’ve never had anything like that happen to me before. I’m fighting to keep my tomatoes and peppers Going.

4 Likes

I have some bugs on my plants that are white like the bug at the begging of this thread but much much smaller. There not microscopic like a spider mite but pretty dang small. You can see them with the naked eye. Does anybody know what they might be?

2 Likes

Could they be white aphids? hum|nullxnull

2 Likes