Bundles Of Joy - Grow log 2024 with tresbundles

TLDR: I crossed a mystery plant to Wedding Cake S1

The other side of the tent held a plant I’ve been keeping to myself a little. Early on in my growing adventure I popped hundreds of old seeds that were saved by friends and family. Most were bag seeds and most didn’t germinate. But I did have some seeds from my cousin’s stash that had passed away. He was a nutcase, and was the only person that ever showed me their indoor grow. Back then you just didn’t do that lol. He was getting seeds from overseas and Canada, I’m not sure at all from where.
Long story short- I grew those (at least) 10 year old seeds that weren’t stored properly with my novice hand :rofl: . Six seeds came up and one plant survived I called that plant Bobo 3 named after my cousin.

The magic part of this story is that in another pot- a volunteer seed popped up in the recycled soil. I must have been impatient and gave up- dumping the solo cup in my soil bin and using that soil to up-pot plants for flower. I dug that seedling up and vegged her out, then to flower. Her flowers and leaves were like velvet. Extremely frosty, very compact plant. But her smell and taste were something I had never experienced. Smelled sweet, like old Teaberry gum mixed with pink baby lotion. Lanolin maybe, and a fair amount of floral smells.
Back then, I didn’t take many pictures as it was still prohibition time in my state. So no pics of the original momma that I named Bobo7 (marked as “V” for velvet). :unamused:
I wanted more of this unique flavor (to me) so while trying to reverse my Lemon Cherry Gelato, I tried on the Bobo7 as well. It didn’t go all that well, burned almost all her leaves off and got very few pollen sacs. I got maybe 10 seeds from that S1 reversal, but I also put pollen on a Wedding cake S1 I had in flower. I got two seeds from that attempt.
A few months ago I grew out all those seeds and found some very weird shit.

Here they are vegging. See the WC x V marks? Those are the winners :heart_eyes:
The S1 plants were all over the place, from narrow leaf tall ones to squat fat leaved and in between. They all had a base flavor of lotion and varying degrees of sweetness. I kept none of them. They were almost there, but the bud was loose and not the most potent. The wedding cake crosses were both amazing!
Dank, dark funk mixed with that pink lotion taste just kills me. Both were potent and tasted great. WC x V #1 tastes like pink lotion and fresh chives or garlic greens with a bit of kush backend. WC x V #2 tastes just like her momma with added greasy funk. I took time off from the internet for the most part from May to about November of this year so I didnt take any flower pics of that run. I did save cuts, so that’s what I ran last cycle… (6) 1-gallon bags of #2 that I’m naming Teaberry .

Okay, this is a huge post, so I’ll stop for now lol :sweat_smile:

15 Likes