Bundles Of Joy - Grow log 2024 with tresbundles

Yeah…it’s a little quiet in here lol :slight_smile: . I had a bad time with mites and some personal stuff go down, so I hadn’t been taking many pictures. I should get back posting, I’m pretty excited about a few things.
Right now I have my flower tent at day 65, I switched from a 4x8 to two 4x4s.I had been running perpetual with my veg plants in a closet, and wherever they would fit lol. Now I just veg in one and flower the other. I also got a 3x3 to do my seed runs in, and a 2x2 to cram my moms in, so I should have an easier time fitting things.

Blueberry Cupcake Day 65: She’s a little dry and was probably done a couple days ago. Smells like wildberries and maybe motor oil?

It’s a very nice plant, but likes to grow vertical and flop with it’s weak stems.

On the other side I’ve got two Dream 6 from @Tracker finishing up. This thing has massive stinky colas that I hope don’t get too much thicker. Airflow overnight isn’t quite where I’d like it, so budrot is always in the back of my mind.

Also I have 5 Impure Kush going from @hoss8455 , just getting their big girl leaves and almost ready to pot-up.

Thank you, @Rhai88 , bud, for lighting a match under my foot to post up an update. Hope everything is going well, and thanks for lookin! :cowboy_hat_face:

18 Likes

Glad to see you posting an update @tresbundles, was wondering where you have been. Garden is looking fantastic, those dream 6 have some huge colas wow, great job on those. Definitely interested to see how those Impure Kushes turn out.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us man. I feel you.

Dude those are some donkers… holy cow.

This run looks excellent man! Also sounds like thing have come together in your space. It’s always nice when you get things how you want em.

Gotchu covered dude.

1 Like

Those flowers look great! Thank you for posting.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by, fellas :slight_smile: . I have a few pics of the grows from the last 6 months or so I’ll post up in a big pic dump here, soon. I also mentioned my tent that I got for seed runs separated from my regular grow space.
I’m using up the Chocolate Diesel pollen that @AzSeaindooin420 kindly sent and hit some of my clones with it.

• Snowcaine - (Twenty20 Mendocino)
  • Strawberry Overload- (Tarantula)
  • Blueberry Cupcake- (Humboldt Seed Co.)
  • Babysitter S1 (Copycat)
  • Sour Diesel (unknown “real deal” :rofl: cut)
    I got the Sour D from an acquaintance who claims it’s the real deal Sour, but wouldn’t divulge where he got it specifically, (said Staten Island) nor the cut name (eg. - Weasel’s, AJ, Albany). He said he wasn’t supposed to sell it, but gave me one cut and was a little evasive about it lol. I like a good mystery, so, I’m flowering it out to test the smoke (and maybe a couple seeds).

10 Likes

Definitely going to be the year of Choc Diesel crossed lol @AzSeaindooin420 definitely did big things with that pollen.

2 Likes

Alot of :fire: coming out… awesome man… really interested to see how the real deal Diesel turns out…

2 Likes

Yeah man, me too. The thing is…I’ve never smoked Sour Diesel before. I don’t know how…but I never crossed paths with it. Maybe I did, and didn’t know it. It was a pretty desolate time here in upstate NY growing up until I started hanging with the tour kids. We’ll see though. I’ll be giving a fat sack to my brother as he moved a bunch of it back in the day and said it was one of his favorites. I’m gonna pass all judgement to him for this one lol.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few already popping up, this is going to be awesome. I’m saving a small amount to maybe dust a couple of @santero 's Chocolate D to see what comes of that. It’ll be a few months till I get that going. He kindly sent me a few of his Choc D crosses including Sour D AJ cut to Choc D! :yum: Which reminds me…shit. I was supposed to send you a package @santero , I packed it up, has your address on it, just haven’t been to the Post Office in ages. I’m sorry, bud, I’ll get these out to you ASAP.

5 Likes

good things take time, haha :grin:
no worries, this is supposed to be fun, not a chore.
thanks for reminding me, bro ! :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

pop enough of the chocoD-crosses, they are HEAVY on males.
(maybe keep a lady around to get hit by males from my line? :wink:
best to keep your options open.)

5 Likes

Just a little update on what’s growing on over here. Impure Kush from @hoss8455 are about a week into flower. Seems to be three different phenotypes, so lucky me! They’re all stacking differently and I’ve been spreading the branches out a bit manually. I FIMmed them around 4 weeks ago, they responded well. The runt #2 is the most compact and the upper fans were pulled off instead of a FIM to help it catch up.

Impure Kush #1 :arrow_up:

Impure Kush #2 :arrow_up:

Impure Kush #3 :arrow_up:

The three surviving Saltwater Kush were all male, so I saved one that smelled rank. I can’t get myself to throw away some males even if I know I’ll probably never use them. Little bit of the hoarder in me I guess. :rofl:

I’ll update later with pics from the last flower run. I’m trimming it up, so might as well.

8 Likes

Number 1 is talking to me… very nice canopy. Good nodal spacing! Overall structure is the kind I’d be looking for.

Plants are looking great dude! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, man. I was thinking the same thing. It’s set up to have fat colas on the candelabra frame. Hopefully they stretch a bit more or the #2 will be a bit dense.

1 Like

Would a cut of the TK motivate you to use the male? A little bx action.

1 Like

Last round was 12 plants in 1- gallons. I had 16 in there, but got nervous about airflow, so I gifted those other 4 out. Turns out, I probably would have been good after defoliation. Next time I try the SOG thing I’ll definitely use 3-gallon pots minimum. The yield was just not there at all, especially with the plants I chose. I honestly just wanted a bunch of this flower and didn’t think about the growth patterns being optimal for a sea of green.

Logcake #11 (Lemon Cherry Gelato x Con Leche)
My keeper from the F1s. My current favorite smoke :sunglasses: . She tastes like yellow Pebbles cereal with a heavy sour kush backend. Uplifting, head-buzz high good for all day smoke. Her internodes are far apart, the stems are thin, and she’s at best a medium yield with a long veg. It stretches at least double in flower adding to her floppiness. One gallon pots did not do her justice.

9 Likes

Yes, yes, and yes! I failed to mention I also saved a male of the Impure Kush, but that would be awesome, boss. :boom: :boom: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

TLDR: I crossed a mystery plant to Wedding Cake S1

The other side of the tent held a plant I’ve been keeping to myself a little. Early on in my growing adventure I popped hundreds of old seeds that were saved by friends and family. Most were bag seeds and most didn’t germinate. But I did have some seeds from my cousin’s stash that had passed away. He was a nutcase, and was the only person that ever showed me their indoor grow. Back then you just didn’t do that lol. He was getting seeds from overseas and Canada, I’m not sure at all from where.
Long story short- I grew those (at least) 10 year old seeds that weren’t stored properly with my novice hand :rofl: . Six seeds came up and one plant survived I called that plant Bobo 3 named after my cousin.

The magic part of this story is that in another pot- a volunteer seed popped up in the recycled soil. I must have been impatient and gave up- dumping the solo cup in my soil bin and using that soil to up-pot plants for flower. I dug that seedling up and vegged her out, then to flower. Her flowers and leaves were like velvet. Extremely frosty, very compact plant. But her smell and taste were something I had never experienced. Smelled sweet, like old Teaberry gum mixed with pink baby lotion. Lanolin maybe, and a fair amount of floral smells.
Back then, I didn’t take many pictures as it was still prohibition time in my state. So no pics of the original momma that I named Bobo7 (marked as “V” for velvet). :unamused:
I wanted more of this unique flavor (to me) so while trying to reverse my Lemon Cherry Gelato, I tried on the Bobo7 as well. It didn’t go all that well, burned almost all her leaves off and got very few pollen sacs. I got maybe 10 seeds from that S1 reversal, but I also put pollen on a Wedding cake S1 I had in flower. I got two seeds from that attempt.
A few months ago I grew out all those seeds and found some very weird shit.

Here they are vegging. See the WC x V marks? Those are the winners :heart_eyes:
The S1 plants were all over the place, from narrow leaf tall ones to squat fat leaved and in between. They all had a base flavor of lotion and varying degrees of sweetness. I kept none of them. They were almost there, but the bud was loose and not the most potent. The wedding cake crosses were both amazing!
Dank, dark funk mixed with that pink lotion taste just kills me. Both were potent and tasted great. WC x V #1 tastes like pink lotion and fresh chives or garlic greens with a bit of kush backend. WC x V #2 tastes just like her momma with added greasy funk. I took time off from the internet for the most part from May to about November of this year so I didnt take any flower pics of that run. I did save cuts, so that’s what I ran last cycle… (6) 1-gallon bags of #2 that I’m naming Teaberry .

Okay, this is a huge post, so I’ll stop for now lol :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Great to see you posting.sounds like everything has smoothed out for you.
Make sure you post the sour up!!

1 Like

I haven’t flowered it out fully, except when I tried to pollinate a small clone with no success. My brother flowered my mother plant after I reset her and sent me some photos.

Looks chunky, close to what I’ve seen on other threads. When I did get a small tester nug from my seed attempt, (fed higher nitrogen) it smelled and tasted like something that I had waaay back in the day. I used to get 60 dollar 1/8ths in the early 2000s from a hippie in Schenectady. Tastes just like that weed to me - whatever that means lol. I don’t remember asking or him saying what it was. Maybe I was smoking sour!

10 Likes

Looks tasty. Was she done under led or hps?
You very well could have been smoking sour from the hippie in Schenectady. There’s an Albany crew :grin:

1 Like