Humboldt CSI Plant Guide

Welcome to the CSI Plant Guide!

This is a thread specifically for factual documentation of your Humboldt CSI seeds grows and smoke reports.

This topic is dedicated to documentation and factual content of official CSI or Founding Fathers Genetics strains so people can use this thread for research and reference material.

Thanks everyone!

For related conversations, seed buying, planning future grows, trades, head over to the [CSI Humboldt Seeds thread ]CSI Humboldt Seeds.

Triangle Kush S1 - From CSI website

71 Likes

Credit to @zephyr for creating dual threads for Bodhi, figured I would give it a try for CSI to create a place that was more about posting CSI plants. It’s something I’m interested in seeing, and hoping others may appreciate as well. No intention of competing with the existing thread, but offering an additional place to showcase his work.

We all know CSI is incredibly generous with his freebies and it is really exciting to get in an order, or decide what to place in your next order, but sometimes that excitment can lead to large stretches of a thread that don’t have any plant content, which can make it harder for less frequent users to be able find plant related info. Hoping no negativity comes out of starting an additional thread, and if so, I can remove. I figure I’ll start things off by posting some of my past CSI smoke reports! Happy growing!

25 Likes

Loompa’s Headband x Triangle Kush Smoke Report - CSI January 2022

Bud Shots:
At 63 days flowering

Flash

Sunlight

Bag appeal:
Really frosty plants, with pretty dense bud structure. Bright green color with orange hairs. I think it has lots of bag appeal. Really this is the least important category for me when reviewing weed though

Smell and taste:
Bright pine sol smelling buds with sour lemon flavor that kind of transitions into a fruity funk. It’s absolutely delightful

Potency and effects:
This weed is very potent and I need to smoke it in moderation. A bit intense of a come up if smoking a lot at once that can lead to a lot of confusion and unease, but when smoked in moderation, the come up is 20 minutes or so of euphoria and overall feel good, and then into the more traditional body relaxing sedative side. Not a heavy put you to sleep sedation at all, just very relaxed. Great after work smoke to start winding down, but still have energy to do things or be active and social.

Overall:
This is without a doubt the best weed I’ve personally grown as an amateur home grower. I bought these seeds to find an OG Kush like plant from seed, and I found it. Of the four plants I harvested in my last grow this is the one that I find myself wanting to smoke daily. It has amazing flavor, a really clean long lasting high, and if consumed appropriately finds that perfect line of relaxation and mental stimulation without much couch lock.

53 Likes

SFV OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report - CSI February 2022

Bud Shots:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Nice purpling on these. I’m thinking it could have been cold induced vs. strain dependent as there were lower night time temps finishing. Lots of frost. Good bag appeal to me

Smell and taste:
The smell is sweet earthy kush flavors, and the flavor really parallels that. Very earthy, slightly sweet flavor with maybe a touch of sour in the after taste

Potency and effects:
Solid potency on this plant. Not nearly as potent as the Loompa’s Headband x TK, but that’s OK for me. This stuff is real easy going in comparison. Sedative is the right word for this cross. Very much night time medicine. Great for putting on a movie and zoning out. Definitely helps move me towards sleep, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily an insomnia strain. I’m growing out a legit cut of Bubba now so I’ll be curious to see how it compares when smoked to this to see if it truly is a Bubba leaner.

Overall:
Another winner from CSI! I generally prefer Indica dominant couch lock strains, so this was right up my alley. Incredibly relaxing, smooth smoking, flavorful pot that helps me wind down. No thinking about your work day after smoking this stuff. I’m really impressed that I was able to pop one seed out of a 7 pack and find this, and glad I’ve got more!

51 Likes

Tahoe OG x Bubba Kush Smoke Report - CSI February 2022

Bud Shot:
At 64 days flowering

Flash 60 day cure

Sunlight 60 day cure

Bag appeal:
Classic lighter green colored bud, with orange hairs. A little frost on them, but not too much.

Smell and taste:
They have a light sweet lemon scent. These got dried out more quickly than I would have liked, so not very strong smell on them. The flavor is more pronounced than the smell, primarily being earthy, with light lemon. Overall not very loud in either smell or taste.

Potency and effects:
Medium potency on this strain. I’ve been a big fan of Tahoe OG for a long time, and was curious to see if this cross would be similar, and I would say the effects are what I generally find when I purchase this strain from the dispensary. A short sativa like come up with heady effects, followed by a deep stone, which will make you eat everything in your house and then fall asleep. Very heavy couch lock, and makes me as dumb as can be.

Overall:
Was pleased to find a Tahoe OG leaning plant that had the effects I was looking for. Really fun weed if you are into narcotic effects. I don’t smoke it all that frequently, as it’s more for when I get a night to myself and don’t need to interact with anyone, but when I have that freedom it’s perfect. I do want to say that as much as I enjoy the effects of the plant, it was a really challenging plant to grow. It had an incredibly slow veg, long internodal spacing, and really didn’t branch out at all, which led to a very small yield, all while being incredibly fussy. I could not make the plant happy through it’s whole life. I was kind of hoping I wouldn’t like the effects as much as I do, so I wouldn’t have to try and grow it again. But, I really enjoy it, and I have two packs of it to work through, so I will try and run it again sometime soon.

44 Likes

Sherbert x Wedding Cake- CSI
Grown: Two phenos, indoor and outdoor

Bud Shots:

Outdoor 8 weeks flowering:

Indoor at 10 weeks flowering:

Smell and taste:
Outdoor:
A real mix of musky and overripe orange on the scent on this one. Flavor wise, it’s very sweet and lightly orange, with a hint of the musk. After having grown the strain Northern Lights x Orange Grove, which was insanely orange peel flavored, I would really qualify this one as light orange, kind of like how California Orange used to be.

Indoor:
Very fruity and almost cheese like smoke. Guess I see where the whole cake flavors come from here. Took a very long for these flavors to come out. 4 months. It was much more muted after harvesting.

Potency and effects:
Outdoor: Potency is about average on this one. Wouldn’t call it mellow by any means, but I can smoke quite a bit of it and not get wrecked. It’s the kind of weed, where you smoke more of it and get higher, rather than hitting that ceiling. It’s a very mellow indica high. A little sedative, slows me down, helps me forget about the day and just settle into vegging out. I like to smoke later in the evening, or in the afternoon on a weekend. Ultra chill weed. Almost liked a pumped up GDP.

Indoor: less potent than the outdoor, and overall has mellow indica hybrid effects to it, which I think some form of edible will really help enhance, and make more interesting, or at the very least, allow me to consume large quantities of it at once to get really baked. Not as impressed with the indoor effects wise.

Overall:
The indoor weed has to be some of the most photogenic weed I’ve ever grown. I thought it was going to be stellar, but it’s turned out to be somewhat unremarkable… It was very easy growing. Definitely a set it and forget it type plant.In contrast, the outdoor delivered on what I was looking for, after growing one of CSI’s Sherbert fallen soldiers last year. It’s got that sedative, mellowing, slight heaviness, with interesting flavor. I barely made it to 8 weeks before boytris set in outdoors, so I really wouldn’t grow this strain outside again with it’s tight dense buds, and with the inconsistency in phenos. A little inconsistentcy in what I’ve found, but there is good stuff in there, mixed in with mids.

42 Likes

Good Old Days (Panama Red x Bubba Kush) CSI
Grown: Indoor

Bud Shots:
At 70 days flowering

Flash

No Flash

Smell and taste:
Powerful lime and the old school cat piss weed smell. It’s acidic and very pungent. Taste wise, very unique and interesting flavor. Papaya and acrid lime mixed. Funky, limey, and a little tropical.

Potency and effects:
A slow gradual come up in this strain. I can definitely feel the bubba in it, but it’s less potent and lighter in effect. It slows me down and creates warmth in the body, but not in any kind of overwhelming way. Nice stone, very comfortable on the couch, and is best for the evening. Low to medium potency, but that’s nice because it has such great flavor and is very smooth that it’s pleasurable to smoke more of.

Overall:
I think this strain is reminiscent of another era of weed. Indica dominant, stoney but not particularly potent. I think it would be hard to become really uncomfortable smoking this weed. It just makes me feel better the more I smoke. I’ll keep in mind growing this cross again as it has it’s own personality to it, and adds a little bit of buoyancy to a Bubba Kush like stone. Doesn’t blow me out of the water, but it has a very unique flavor profile, and is happy, stoney, hungry weed, who doesn’t like that right? Awesome freebie from CSI!

34 Likes

T-1000 clone from Archive in Portland 7 weeks flowering

32 Likes

Nice plants there!

6 Likes

Nice reports. Great looking plants. Whose SFV OG did you use on the cross.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve really enjoyed growing CSI’s seeds!

Thanks! Sorry if it was a little confusing, all plants in here are from Humboldt CSI. I realize I didn’t add a breeder name in all the smoke reports so I updated them.

For anyone curious best place to see his work is on Instagram: CSI: Humboldt (@csi_humboldt) • Instagram photos and videos

7 Likes

purple hindu kush x triangle kush from last year

30 Likes

That Purple Hindu Kush x TK looks great! What were the effects like?

7 Likes

Really sedative. Puts me to bed.

7 Likes

Nice! Caleb definitely deserves the recognition IMO. Atm I have a few Chem -D and a few Big Bad Wolf that just got new shoes and will be headed for bloom in a few weeks! Got a ton more of his stuff to work through as well.

11 Likes

little variegation on a Chem-D

18 Likes

So interested to see how that little red riding hood and family feud turn out! Def keep us updated.

Need some more info on that PHK x TK. Had my eye on that one and the PHK x Chem D for a minutes but never pulled the trigger on It bc I couldn’t find any info on where CSI got his PHK cut.

Anyway, what was it like to grow? What were the terps like?

5 Likes

A few more pictures of the T-1000 cut at 59 days flowering. Took some photos outside, but it is grown indoors. Buds are all pretty small, but they are really sticky and frosty.

31 Likes

honestly I think the TK provided most of the terps, it was all gas. They were all super easy to grow, weren’t particularly lanky or falling over. Just none of them stood out enough to keep.

4 Likes

@Greasy Not what I expected the T-1000 to look like at all for some reason but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Ahh I see… I’m glad I didn’t go for a pack at this point bc I have a bunch of tk packs to hunt already. I really do want that PHK tho… sounds so intriguing after hearing Bob Hemphill talk about it on the Potcast.

That’s a shame but I get it.

3 Likes