Bunny's Mad Misshapes. (CBD with a sprinkling of other adventures)

Absolutely Uncle!!!

1 Like

I tried reversing some female CBD plants and using it on one of the branches of the Dinamed, seems it did not take but some of the Cherry Wine decided to jump aboard. I am wondering if I will have enough space to flower all the plants. I may have to be selective. The plants look more Cherry Wine than Dinamed, not necessarily a bad thing.

6 Likes

Have about 50 seedlings going. I will need to cut down a plant tomorrow so I can move one into its place so I can move the little ones up into its light space. I really need to build three more strips of lights but have other things need doing before the snow flies. At least another week before it does though.Just a little intermediate step up in pot size. I think I will have to go Dollar Store shopping tomorrow as I am a little short on the number of pots in the size I think I can handle. If I knew which were males I could thin them out a little. I have had two male show themselves, one even tried spilling itself out. Hope it was shooting blanks.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, what kind of instruments do you build? Me acoustic guitars.

1 Like

A few posts of some here. Do you have any posted in the thread?

3 Likes

Just read the thread, got to hand it to you very nice work using unconventional wood to construct your instruments. I have one in the smokers lounge on winter projects I believe. A site that I have found useful is Official luthier forum, great information and helpful members like OG.

Starting at post #3.

1 Like

Well that is a relief. I had a pretty bad tooth pain when drinking anything hot or cold. I had to drink my coffee luke warm! I had a cavity filled a while ago and the nerve was sensitive but it went away. Came back and I did not know if it was the tooth or what was going on. Today I feel a slight pressure on it but my coffee is wonderful hot. Seems my neuropathic pain increased the sensitivity of the nerve. Never had that before but this is my first cavity. Not a surprise but my body feels ‘normal’ today, not my normal normal but the normal before my getting sensitized. I can feel the sensitization as a slight tingle underneath everything else I feel, a reminder it is just moments away depending on my actions during the day. In Pain Therapy they say you are not suppose to think of your pain as threatening but to see it as an old friend that will always be there for you.

I say to this, “Fuck that.”

Sorry for the non-weed content. Just where I am at, at this moment. I need to figure out where to put some seedlings I have in drink cups. I think I have enough larger pots for most of them but not enough space to fit them all under lights as of yet. The 20 larger plants that are in the temporary pots. I have a few that have been planted before these, in my veg space. This is the overflow.

And the smaller Cherry Wine plant in flower, it and the larger plants are holding things up.

I did put three of the Dinafem CBD plants in the flower area just to make room for the little ones. I may need to use all three areas to flower with before I can weed out the males of the experimental batch. I would love to make up a few more lights but other things need to get done while the weather is cooperating. I run a just in time operation. Story of my life, jump in before thinking things through.

I am going out to get some beer cups for the Indoornesian Cup run. I’ll throw the little ones in some beer cups and by the time they need to get repotted the pink ones should be ready to go in larger pots.

8 Likes

What does that Wild Cherry smell like? She’s a beauty!
I hate tooth pain. You just can’t ignore it. Glad you are feeling some better man.

2 Likes

Thank you bud. I had to go down and smell the plants. It was a little of a surprise. They are not all that stinky a plant, maybe I should add some more Epson salt to their water for some sulfur. The smaller plant smells a lot like a plant I grew previously and lost, Genehtik Medizinal CBD. It is not the most pleasant smell but not really objectionable. I am not great at describing smells and can not really relate it to something else. I was surprised by the larger plants. I could not figure out it either although it is a little more on the nicer side. It reminds me of a flower I smelled some time ago. And I could not tell you what plant, I was never much of a plant guy before growing this stuff. I guess I can say it has a floral smell. It is not overly strong either, not sweet like some.

Oh shoot. I crossed the Dinafem reversed pollen with the stinky one (no seeds harvested yet), they will be interesting to see grow. I reversed the lager Cherry Wine plans also, would like to grow them again. Hope it took.

Just did a count, 48 plants. Hope they are hardy, some took some rough handling. It would have been a little more fun if I started them at the same time and run under the same light, some should are in a gallon pot already, a few could have spent some more time in the plastic cup, and a mess in between. In two weeks I think the half will have to be up sized again. At least I have the soil mixed and pots ready for that.

3 Likes

Yeah timing sucks sometime. I wanted six in flower at the same time but one plant that is 7 weeks behind the others so I’m taking some GDP clones to run with that one.

1 Like

I managed to come up with a pot solution, use some of my extra 2L pop bottles that I use to water with. Had to fish some out of the recycling. I just looked at some of early plants I started, they will not be too far from throwing into flower. I may end up with a SOG just to squeeze all the plants in.

Started a few seeds for the beer cup grow. Yes, I have a hole in my head.

7 Likes

Picture of a few earlier plants that I got from seed on another branch that I was hoping to get feminized seeds. Does not look like the Dinafem CBD but a lot like the cross. I am guessing these were from wayward Cherry Wine pollen. I am curious about the little one, going to be a shorty. Would be interesting to find a mate for it. Can’t wait to put plants into flower. I fimmed the tops once on all but the little one. Normally I would do more training but I wanted to see how the plant would develop on its own.

7 Likes

I’m doing that with a couple of mine too. I started right off with training. I’m thinking I’d have been better off, at first, just letting them do their thing and watching their natural growth before modifying them.
You are looking for “the one” to make seeds from though. It makes perfect sense to let it show you what it wants to do.

3 Likes

I took down three of the Cherry Wine tops and am going to give the bottom a little more time. I am going to do the same for the other two plants, maybe another week. Birthday card for scale.

9 Likes

Fall colours, courtesy of Heisenbean.

6 Likes

Finished getting myself out of Trim Jail, I still have to do some of the lower portion of the plants I am giving more time under light rather than as they had been, hiding in the shadows. My sister said she went over to a woman’s house who she worked on some projects, said there was branches of weed everywhere. Sort of looks like it here.

I took a couple of picture of the up and coming plants in soil. I was bad and was tardy at watering them. Not used to soil and misjudged the weight. They recovered though.

While watering a ladybug took flight. I brought it in a while ago and did not expect to be kicking around. Good for it. I still have to tie up some branches of the trimmed plants. Squeezed them and another couple of the vegging Dinamed, managed to turn off 500W. Should cool down the room for a while. That is until I get the above plants in there. The earlier planted plants in the picture above already has a male showing hie wares. I have a feeling things will get interesting after I repot all of there. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Maybe by that time I can get the rest of the house cleaned up.

Most of the plants look well, there are a few that are shorter and darker in color. Other than that I do not see any indication which I should prefer over the other.

7 Likes

The first 5 or six seeds planted of the CBD cross has this male spitting out pollen.

It is a good thing I have no plants in flower showing yet. Not sure what future he has yet.

5 Likes

Thought this would be an interesting picture. You never know what kind of thief in the night is around but from what I know, mommy and daddy were the same between the two. Should be the Dinamed x Cherry Wine cross. There is a range of variation in the bunch I am growing but not anywhere close to these two. Now if one will one a male and the other female that might explain some of it if the stretched one is a male. Need to re-pot the little one soon.

8 Likes

Time to re-pot. Males are starting to show. After re-potting it might be a good idea to put them in flower while I will still have room for them. I am going to have to select a few males and go with that. I might take some clones yet but I do not have a cloner yet and I have had a hit or miss luck with cloning. I think when in flower maybe just dust a branch with one pollen and another a different male. Let the rest of the plant flower and use that to decide on whether the female was a decent one or not. Mind you, if feeling adventurous I could always run the seeds at a later date. But more likely a winner of a female will have its seeds grown out. Does that sound like a plan or should I take another route?

7 Likes

Depends on the goal, if seeds are secondary, I’d separate the males and then reduce their quantity to two.
Pitch the 1st one to drop pollen, pitch the tallest and the rest is up to you. I look at vigor and structure.
Collect and preserve pollen from the two males.

I’d clone the girls (insurance)
Selectively pollinate a couple lower branches on your preferred females about week 3 of flower.
Do as you will with the seedless bud. On new strains I sometimes selectively harvest.

The seeds need a minimum of 6 weeks to mature and you might wish to go a little longer so you harvest your bud first and seeds later.

…Or something like that :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes