Bunny's Mad Misshapes. (CBD with a sprinkling of other adventures)

I took down three of the Cherry Wine tops and am going to give the bottom a little more time. I am going to do the same for the other two plants, maybe another week. Birthday card for scale.

9 Likes

Fall colours, courtesy of Heisenbean.

6 Likes

Finished getting myself out of Trim Jail, I still have to do some of the lower portion of the plants I am giving more time under light rather than as they had been, hiding in the shadows. My sister said she went over to a woman’s house who she worked on some projects, said there was branches of weed everywhere. Sort of looks like it here.

I took a couple of picture of the up and coming plants in soil. I was bad and was tardy at watering them. Not used to soil and misjudged the weight. They recovered though.

While watering a ladybug took flight. I brought it in a while ago and did not expect to be kicking around. Good for it. I still have to tie up some branches of the trimmed plants. Squeezed them and another couple of the vegging Dinamed, managed to turn off 500W. Should cool down the room for a while. That is until I get the above plants in there. The earlier planted plants in the picture above already has a male showing hie wares. I have a feeling things will get interesting after I repot all of there. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Maybe by that time I can get the rest of the house cleaned up.

Most of the plants look well, there are a few that are shorter and darker in color. Other than that I do not see any indication which I should prefer over the other.

7 Likes

The first 5 or six seeds planted of the CBD cross has this male spitting out pollen.

It is a good thing I have no plants in flower showing yet. Not sure what future he has yet.

5 Likes

Thought this would be an interesting picture. You never know what kind of thief in the night is around but from what I know, mommy and daddy were the same between the two. Should be the Dinamed x Cherry Wine cross. There is a range of variation in the bunch I am growing but not anywhere close to these two. Now if one will one a male and the other female that might explain some of it if the stretched one is a male. Need to re-pot the little one soon.

8 Likes

Time to re-pot. Males are starting to show. After re-potting it might be a good idea to put them in flower while I will still have room for them. I am going to have to select a few males and go with that. I might take some clones yet but I do not have a cloner yet and I have had a hit or miss luck with cloning. I think when in flower maybe just dust a branch with one pollen and another a different male. Let the rest of the plant flower and use that to decide on whether the female was a decent one or not. Mind you, if feeling adventurous I could always run the seeds at a later date. But more likely a winner of a female will have its seeds grown out. Does that sound like a plan or should I take another route?

7 Likes

Depends on the goal, if seeds are secondary, I’d separate the males and then reduce their quantity to two.
Pitch the 1st one to drop pollen, pitch the tallest and the rest is up to you. I look at vigor and structure.
Collect and preserve pollen from the two males.

I’d clone the girls (insurance)
Selectively pollinate a couple lower branches on your preferred females about week 3 of flower.
Do as you will with the seedless bud. On new strains I sometimes selectively harvest.

The seeds need a minimum of 6 weeks to mature and you might wish to go a little longer so you harvest your bud first and seeds later.

…Or something like that :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Seeds are more what I am looking for here. I want to find a mainly CBD line. I should find a plant that does the job and then just clone it but I might be looking at a time where I am out of house and home, at least until it gets fixed. So having seeds would give me something to start up with again. I might be down for half a year before I have a space to grow in again. The Cherry Wine was a good producer, smell wise the Dinamed was more enjoyable. I would also like to mess around and hopefully have something to pass along to the OG community. There is a lot of THC seeds to be had but not a lot of CBD.

3 Likes

just caught myself up with your recent updates. Those crosses are looking really nice, interesting to see what happens with the ones that are little out of the ordinary. Happy to see you document your adventures, and to hang out and watch.

1 Like

Always fun to see someone fumble their way through something they have never done before. :grin:

4 Likes

Well, sample one of the Cherry Wine plants. Definitely has some THC in it. Very mellow feeling, mind you I only smoked a little. I did not have much pain this morning so I am not sure how much relief it can give. Not quite what I am looking for but would be nice to have a little on the shelf.

3 Likes

At least you are narrowing down what isn’t optimal. :thinking:

Being the plant was a F2 I knew it could have some variability. Part of the reason I tried crossing it with the Dinamed CBD which works on the pain and leaves you pretty straight but it is not all that frosty and is pretty airy.

1 Like

That wide variety of possible pheno is what interests me. Someday I hope to come up with something worth stabilizing and preserving.

1 Like

Sooner rather than later would be nice.

1 Like

There is a yearly picture thread up and I had an idea for it but am having second thoughts about it. Really there is no law against it, pot is legal here. I have some crappy weed that got pollinated outside and it is infested with eggs of who knows what bug (almost black and kind of pretty in a way). I was saving it to use to test out the rosin press I will make at some point in time but I need to clean my place out. Starting to look like a hoarder’s house who is trying to get into a grow-op.

I shoved it full and then had to dump the rest in from the top hole. I think it would smoke up the neighborhood in an interesting way but then I thought someone may think the house is on fire and call the fire trucks. So much for my good idea for a picture.

3 Likes

Well, it’s your party bong, but it looks to me like you overfilled the bowl…
:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I so want to light it up! If I was not over my legal plant limit at the moment (hey, half are males) I would not be too worried. I am going to repot today so some may get tossed and I will be under. Unsure if daytime or night would be better.

3 Likes

Down to 25 from 50.

4 Likes

Fffuuuuuuucccckk!!!

Went to the Optometrist and the drops he put in my eyes fucked up my vision all day. Finally getting stuff done this evening, checking my new plants and I see one of the males bust a nut. With the fan going it could be all over the basement, the door to the flower room open. I was working on some of the electrical earlier to clean it up for moving the plants in there and then I would confine the males to the veg tent. Sigh. I have four Dinamed plants in the flower room, I know they are no THC and I was counting on them after finding out the Cherry Wine had some THC. Not a complete loss, they say we learn from our mistakes. I misted the Dinamed just in case they still are virginal, sprayed down the males just because. Fuckers. Oh right, foind there were to sneaky bastards.

2 Likes