Buying seeds for the first time

Ok about to buy seeds online for the first time. I’m assuming sending them to the same place ad the grow is a bad idea so i have a place to send them. Has anyone ever used ilgm? Thoughts? I’m thinking of using thembecause of their delivery and germ guarentee. Any feedback out there

5 Likes

Have you grown before?

If not, I’d say pick up some give-aways from OG and get your feet wet with a grow or two before spending your hard-earned on seeds.

8 Likes

Yes i have years ago. I screwed up and killed 4 from seeds I got from a bag of Damn good bud. Pulled a 20 hr shift and my rockwool cubes dried out on me. I’m going to leave 1/4" of solution in the seedling tray next time lol

4 Likes

I always miss the give aways lol so this is my option now lol.

3 Likes

Buy American or American made… LoL

These guys are legit and sell very cheap. I bought from them before too.

Sci :robot:

5 Likes

This is what I’m thinking of getting

5 Likes

Cmon North American :v::joy:

4 Likes

Fleur du Mal sells an inexpensive mixpack. His regular seeds aren’t expensive, but the mixes are about $1 per seed. Solid, older proven lines, the Cindy mix will finish quickly too. fdmseeds.com

C99 is one of the best and most popular lines out there. Has it all. Grows quick, flowers quick, doesn’t herm, easy to grow, great end product.

Can’t go wrong. If you wanna get spendy, there’s a million US seedbank options. Seed buying is almost as addictive as growing, practically a hobby unto itself.

9 Likes

Oh yeah man! How could i forget about Mr. B…

https://fdmseeds.com/

@Baudelaire is the MAN!

11 Likes

I second this. You’re not going to find many other quality genetics for around a dollar per seed. You really can’t go wrong with the C99 Mix pack. I’ve got a few plants going right now from that mix pack, and they are excellent.

6 Likes

https://www.dcseedexchange.org/seeds.html
https://greatlakesgenetics.com/promos.html/
Are the 2 best imo most others I’ve bought from seem to take to many weed naps n take 4ever.

3 Likes

Great Lakes really strives for the best in all aspects and I can vouch for them as well… No B.S. , Red Tape or long waiting times…

5 Likes

I would look else where tbh ilgm is dear asf.

2 Likes

Great Lakes was good, also Seeds Here Now are reliable IME. Dont forget about brother @BogSeeds, bogland72@gmail.com

6 Likes

peakseesbc.com has some solid gear for about $1 per seed, however they are in Canada - but that shouldn’t be an issue.

4 Likes

so buy american is great in theory what about us in not so legal states any advice on that I live in NY any suggestions or advice on purchasing genetics I am really trying to make an order myself but it is very confusing overwhelming even thank you folks andthanks for letting me jump on your thread here sir

2 Likes

Decide what you think you want/need from cannabis, then spend a bunch of time reading about the (thousands) of strains over at Leafly.com. Do you want pure Sativa, Indica? hybrids? high CBD? high (or low) THC? What sort of flavours or smells, growing indoors or outdoors, etc. etc. etc.

Eventually, you will end up with a list of ones that really stand out as interesting to you, and then you can try to find them. Compromises will definitely be made, but in the end you’ll waste less money on seeds that you will never grow, or only grow once.

1 Like

Like going to the liquor store and being overwhelmed with craft beer choices, there is an amazing variety available. My only advice is to stick with older, proven lines instead of buying the latest fad cross. I recommend regular seeds instead of autoflowers and feminized stock.

Seed price and quality are not correlated, so don’t think a $250 pack will be better than a $50 one. The guys making those $250 seeds are hoping you make that mistake.

Cannabis seeds are legal to ship domestically, so don’t worry about being in NY. International packages sometimes get seized, though. I have never had a problem with overseas seedbanks, but I prefer domestic whenever possible. Hit up BOG seeds or Fleur du Mal Seeds. You’ll get solid, strong, easy plants at reasonable prices, from guys that have been doing this forever.

5 Likes

With the new hemp law that passed federally seeds aren’t really illegal anymore. Now I wouldn’t go sending them to your grow spot just to air on the side of caution.

CannaVenture… don’t sleep