C-Rex Cretaceous Cannabis Cave

Misty morning…update: No rot or PM spotted, Oct. is supposed to be mild and a tad drier. A couple are done (Grape Pie x Mac cross and a ODxTitanic x Lucky 7’s) The yellow girls need a week and the giant well…we will wait as long as possible, I could take them all down now but why not push my luck right? It’s a week till our Thanksgiving and weather looks mild.until after next weekend, so right on schedule I suppose.

11 Likes

@Neb all the girls are re-vegged and growing fine, will keep you posted when they get to bloom, Thanks again OG brother.

3 Likes

I’ll be harvesting mine in 2 weeks or so I’ll let you know how it turns out!

I’m pretty sure I could have done a better job growing them. I’ll be keeping a mom or 2 from the clones I have left and doing another run with them.

1 Like

btw which strain is this???

Looks awesome man!

4 Likes

Grape Pie x Mac F2 by Cannarado . I grew a 5 pack I think they are fem and 2 were mutant freaks, 2 were good and this one was (almost) a keeper… I didn’t think this was going to be done so soon, I think she went 10 - 11 weeks inside.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was curious about that one, too. What a gorgeous fade.

Looking good, @Cannasaurusrex! Great to hear you’re getting weather that’ll let you finish properly. Or almost, anyway haha.

3 Likes

a cpl more

10 Likes

10 Likes

What is that, dude?!? Don’t be leaving us in suspense! Haha…

2 Likes

Oh sorry, lol That bud is another one from the Grape pie x Mac F2 Its just so pretty, I have to chop tonight and tomorrow,half amber, If she is anything like the mom (her clone) she should be a heavy buzz. I find more often than not, when I grow an indoor and an outdoor of the same plant, there is always a differencei in the effects. On the average, most peeps would say that their outdoor is a little less strong compared to the indoor. BUT if you make an extra effort with soil and watering outside, (and get a little lucky with weather) I find the sunshine grown bud is of better quality,and has amore ‘multi-dimesional’ high. More effects like munchies, cranial and facial pressures and usually less lethargic. Medicinally my partner prefers outdoor, as her strain seems to be a bit more healing when grown under the sun. I’ve only grown outdoors for about 10 years,but usually I grow a clone of something I have running indoors, and I find all things being equal (or satisfactory to the grower) Outdoor is better, cheaper, and more productive. I love pulling up the maple lined driveway this time of year and smelling DANK…makes me smile. Anyone out there have an opinion on their own Innies vs. outies? What do y’all prefer?

4 Likes

My outdoor plants smelled so much more dank than the indoor stuff. Not the same strains so its hard to compare but smelling the tent doesn’t make me smile like the smell I get pulling into the driveway.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that about outdoor, as well. I think the theory is that the full-spectrum light that the sun provides causes plants to express more of their potential. Or whatever. I’d love to be able to grow outdoors, but we have a bunch of string lights all around our backyard. Pretty sure the plants would never flower. I dunno. Maybe I’ll try it at some point.

3 Likes

I would say you’re right on about the sun. We also get the benefit of the soil biology if they are in the ground…I grow in pots mostly as I like to have the option to move them around or indoors, if needed. Although moving indoors caused a few headaches this year. couldn’tkeep the humidity down and PM took hold. Caught it soon and washed the harvested bud, was a bit early but the wash saved the bud and stopped the pm.

3 Likes

Trim Jail week ahh the arthritis…

4 Likes

Thank goodness for CBDs! :+1:
Pure magic for me

Cheers
G

2 Likes

One more evening of trimming and all is left is the larf and a couple smaller plants. I don’t have any more place to hang branches lol Early plants are getting bagged so I can clear the space in my well ventilated growroom for more hanging branches, as the laundry room gets an extra scent to the clothes oops.

5 Likes

One final cleanout and it is restart time in the cave. I only have 3 clones from @Neb going, and they are getting protocol zero at clean time. Partner has med papers to up her count to 98 submitted…so many choices for seeds here, I’ll post up the choices and let you peeps decide a few to run. Soil cooking outside, seed start mix ready… finally looking forward to indoor growing, it was quite a long break for me, outdoor was actually good-to-great this year on yield and quality. Haven’t weighed it all but looks to be in the 4 lb range altogether. Generally smaller plants this year, had a late start and funny weather, but we stayed ahead of rot and hermi’s lol. A good season all things considered. Hoping to do well indoors this winter.

5 Likes

Just counted 53 strains ungrown and about 140 strains that I have flowered out in my time lol. Glad the plant count is goin up…thats strains I purchased over the years, I have a whole other collection of pollen chucks and accidentals…I have one Querkle seed left in the original TGA packaging LOL One day I might find a keeper My secret santa pack this year should be better LOL. Nov. 1 my Mom would have been 101 today and my Grandmother woulda just turned 131. Seeds are like old photo’s that actually come back to life…Cheers to all that came before us, and left a legacy.

4 Likes

some strains to consider Warlock (serious seeds) tony green GG4 RIL, Shuteye (calyx bros) ubc chemoF2 (Barefrog), C-99 (peakseedsbc), Mendo PurpsxHashplant (Reeferman), Skunk#1 (Auth seedco), Wolfpack F2 (GreenHighlander), Medecine Breath (Sunleaf seed co) Go Nuts (OG), Silver Mountain (Sebring) probably going to run 3 of these strains any picks??? I’ll look for logs on some of these, in the meantime chime in anyone…seed soaking starts tonight or tomorrow. New moon on the 4th so the funky gravity vibes are favourable…not my guide whatsoever but good time of the year for spooky bro-science and shit lol.

3 Likes

This one has my vote :+1:

2 Likes