C-Rex Cretaceous Cannabis Cave

veg cycle for the transplants to settle in for a few days at least before flip. Hate the orange buckets already lol

Haven’t sexed any of them, so when they show, they will be selectively cloned and males culled (mostly). Saves bucket time and soil removing the male and transplanting another vegger in the same soil. Taking clones during bloom gives me/us more time, in order to test smoke the mother before the clone re-veg/supercrop. We don’t end up with clones of mids for too long in the veg room and keep the perpetual schedule, while popping seeds and not exceeding our ACMPR licence allowance.

7 Likes

update all 23 vegging for a cpl more days before flip.

And I just noticed one of the Warlocks (serious seeds) is triploidy. Didn’t even notice, continued on the top. Hard to see, we’ll keep an eye on that one, hopefully female. It’s healthy anyhow.

7 Likes

Hey those orange posts were a gift? :see_no_evil: Or are from dog food and you have a lot of them? frech|nullxnull Plants looking good :kissing_heart: Wishing to see a forest of frosty buds … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

They were home depot specials, the cheapest 5 gals I could find, hole sawed the shit out of the bottoms…hate the orange LOL. Hope the run goes not too bad. I’m rushing the newish soil I mixed in October, but my main issue so far is getting the LED board height right, already burnt a leaf or two. Got lots of excuses lined up already just in case. I’m seeing some pre-flowers on some, I’ll get my list of whats blooming in case anyone is following along. Can’t wait for the sex lottery to start, I have about 10 back-up plants to replace males when they show.

3 Likes

Man, they’re getting big pretty quickly, huh? I feel like it usually takes about two months for anything I grow to get that size. Yours are only like six weeks old, right?

1 Like

Yes I think I splashed the seeds on Nov. 7, they have all been topped as I wanted to slow them down a bit. Mine seem to just take off at the first transplant, almost all of them had some spiraling of roots when I transplanted already, I found growth in veg is really fast when I use my 600w MH and my media is over aerated, with a ton of perlite, but its hard to keep the rootball together when transplanting. I kinda found a happy medium (lol) nowadays about 1/3 perlite 2/3 blooming soil. I think it is more to do with the strength of the light, all other things being equal. I have been bottom watering this time, exclusively. That’s new for me too, lol. Watch me magically stall in growth about bloom week 5 thru 7, my weak point.

2 Likes

Started a few seeds, some older Reeferman work (finally), Cherry Sherbert Bubba (Cutthroat genetics) and Eyes Pied Shut (Calyx Bros.), all bought from SoaknBeans. Gonna check’em today and pot up some sprouts. In the big room ready for flip are : Some of the replacement T.Green Gorilla glue RIL (replacement inbred line LOL), Warlock (Serious seeds), Sebrings Silver Mountain, Wolpacks from Greenhighlander and Some ODxT crosses (Surefire/ greenpool). And of course the Solo cup challengers will have to join the big girls this week, and get starved for light too! If it grows the balls it gets the chop…On that note, a letter showed up the other day, written in green ink from a company/organization called GAMITE seems some vegetable of a lawyer has got a problem with our sexist culling behaviour. Gardeners Against Male, Intersex, and Trans Extermination are spearheading a WOKE gardening principle of the Every Plant Matters Army with an attack on Cannabis growers. “Its a white male dominated hobby” states the letter, and “we want the killing to stop!!”
I’m going back in the closet LOL Cheers

8 Likes

That’s pretty fucking funny. You’re joking, right? You didn’t actually get that letter, did you?

2 Likes

YES I;m cautiously Joking

3 Likes

I’ve got to recheck the silver mountain package, looking as if they may be goin auto, I;m not sure, I’ll get a pic or 2 of the ones still on 18/6 under the MH.

1 Like

I’ll try to get a better pic, seems the majority of the Silver mtn. has this serious stacking with hairs or they are starting to flower… I’ll just keep an eye out for balls, but I’ll keep em goin. Maybe just the way it pre-flowers. Interesting, as I have only grown a cpl auto’s outdoors a few years ago. Probably jumping the gun (always on hermi alert of course) and should find the original seed container. Would be a good comparison for me about the differences in growing auto’s as these will not get any special treatment, or modified light cycle/transplant etc. Not like we don’t have the space to let them grow out. Gees now I may be dissappointed if they are ‘normal’ photo’s, really shouldn’t get so high in the A.M.

On a water note…supposed to be 17 C tomorrow, last chance rainwater harvest day LOL

4 Likes

Flipped the room last night, running 23 plants on the 340w led an 1000w HPS for now, have the 600w if needed as we go, pics after 9pm

2 Likes

Pre=flower on a vegging ODT cross Some new starts And I’m still looking at unique bud tops on the vegging Silver mtns…they don’t seem to be throwing any preflowers anywhere but the top cola’s which still look as if they wanna flower, they have stalled a bit last cpl days, but interesting nonetheless.

5 Likes

preliminary sexing so far 17 have shown and 10 females and 7 males with 6 undeclared. Pretty good ratio overall, but per strain, not so good. GG4 ril group 3 males 2 not sure…Warlocks 1 male 2 not sure…wolfpack 1male 1 not sure…Silver mountain 1 for 1 female. So out of house seeds is a sausage fest while the 3 crosses I did are 9 female and 2 males so far. I have some back-ups still vegging to do a drop-in replacements. No more gg ril going but a warlock and a cpl wolfpacks are ready to bloom. So, we’ll see how the rest shake down. I may save a warlock male with a strong stank and really densely branched, who knows. I should snap some pics before execution…eh? lol ‘Not sure’ usually means I’m leaning hard male in my posts. ‘Not showing’ is different…

1 Like

some pics of the sex hunt

And the Warlock that was/is growing with triploidISH growth looks to be a male I may have to keep

5 Likes

all transplant done all seedlings in 1 gal pots, I cloned and culled the triploidISH Warlock male. Whittling down to females over next 2 weeks as the bloomroom fills.

5 Likes

Looking good! I like those big-ass polka dotted plates you have your buckets on, too haha! Wouldn’t mind having some of those just to eat off of…

2 Likes

BTW EL predicthead (Me) says covid restrictions are over before January is.

1 Like

Seems our little guy has Pneumonia and co-vid, but will be fine. His Mom’s relationship with his father will be the next ‘plague’ we have to deal with…when my daughter gets the impression that no one is helping, she will freeze you out of her life for good.

1 Like

Grandson getting discharged, his Mom is at the peak of her Co-vid (and at home with sore throat. Seems my Grandson was the sickest in the hospital pediactric ward with the Co-vid but the pneumonia is what made him extra sick. Mind you 48 hrs and out at 15 months old. This is certainly good news about the strength/weakness of Omicron for most. Funny though the double vaxxed spreaders got it worse than my unvaxxed daughter (asthmatic) and her obviously unvaxxed baby. But as public health and the gov’t are worried that a case like my grandson may not have had access to treatment if the hospital was overwhelmed. Thats the reason for the lockdowns and also the reason we have been extra careful around the cave.

3 Likes