Can a Plant be in Veg and Flower at the Same Time?

I had a strange idea for semi-perpetual harvest of a plant.
Could a cannabis plant be in veg and flower if half the plant is in vegetative lighting and the other half in flowering lighting, with a solid divider in between?

I figure it probably wouldn’t work as the plant probably sends out hormones for either state to the entire plant, but if it would work it could be a cool alternative to cloning, allowing a regular continuous harvest of the same plant. Or could otherwise be good for breeding purposes.

5 Likes

It works, I’ve seen it being done in a reddit post. The half in 12/12 will flower while the other half will stay in veg.

6 Likes

Do you be any chance have a link to the post? I’d love to check it out

4 Likes

Found it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/1925o3s/isolated_branch_experiment_day_f1_simultaneous/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

7 Likes

Bird of the same feather, brother …
My mind immediately went to that post after seeing the title LoL :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s actually sick as hell wtf

2 Likes

I had thought about this several years ago but I could not figure an apparatus to make it work. I had read about the theory in a book. I think it was “Marijuana Botany” but Im not sure. Thank you for the link to the other article. Great thread! :rainbow:

2 Likes

Yes! Saw it done on ICmag. Blew my simple little mind. Dude had branches running into different tents and some were flowering and some vegging perfectly healthily

7 Likes

Got to love :heart: the bro :sunglasses: science :test_tube: always taking it to the outer limits. :ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

IMG_4723

IMG_4239 IMG_4707 IMG_4708

3 Likes

Jorge Cervantes talks about this in his book a bit. Apparently it works! Would love to see it live. Super curious the nuances… does the one side re-veg? Will it just die after both sides have flowered? Will the second harvest be worse than first? Better? What is the truth

2 Likes