Can a plant be in veg and flower at the same time

The graft would just die off, it wouldn’t turn it into a chimera perennial. But that’d be cool

2 Likes

Here is one interesting text about flowering hormone- florigen.
https://www.scq.ubc.ca/florigen-the-hidden-hormone/
According to the text, if I had a well-developed photoperiod plant outside and grafted a small twig of autoflower on it, the whole plant would start to bloom along with the autoflower. Regardless of the length of the day. Useful for long-flowering sativa. If that’s really the case.

Edit
Hmmm
But that somehow doesn’t fit me with the fact that one plant can both bloom and not bloom at the same time.
But still, an interesting text

3 Likes

I wonder if grafting an auto low onto a long flower sativa would shorten the rest of the plant?

1 Like

You can graft cannabis onto hops as they are in the same family but mint is in a different family. For example you can graft a tomato to a potato and get tomatoes on top and potatoes on bottom.

3 Likes

I know with apple root stock by using a earlier fruiting variety as the root stock you can encourage slower varieties to bloom a few years sooner. This is something worth delving deeper into. Hmm

1 Like

What happens if we graft a long flowering sativa onto the shortest flowering photo we can find. Do it young, heal it, veg it normal and then do a normal grow side by side. Can we reduce flowering time? For the modern auto it would be good with a variety near the equator I feel

1 Like

I would pay you money for a tomato-tato

3 Likes

Ive always called it ketchup and fries :slight_smile:

5 Likes

https://www.gardeners.com/buy/ketchup-n-fries-tomato-plant/8594305.html

6 Likes

Wow. That’s insane.

2 Likes

There was an iconic photo taken of an outdoor plant in Amsterdam. It was partially under a street lamp. One half budded the otherside did not. Id love to see that old photo again.

3 Likes

yeah i think thats the photo i was talking about in my post above.

3 Likes

Have a friend that kept feeding his plants mostly N and very little PK in flower. Under 12/12 lights the started to reveg out of the buds on the branches. Stopped stacking and filling up. Screwed up the entire tent.

2 Likes

Where is that photo man?? ive looked but can’t find it.

1 Like

I spent a hour today trying to find it, no luck

2 Likes

That sucks. Well… have a good growing season man!

2 Likes

I peeked in my grow room, and noticed a light leak, that shined through my ductwork that goes through the ceiling. It only reflected, and leaked in for a short time in the late morning.

Sure enough I found a single male flower where the pre-flowers appear, on the bottom of the main stem.

I’m wondering, if I find any viable seeds, would they be worth growing?

1 Like

Many plants throw some balls on the lowers midway through. If it’s only a few you can pull them off manually but it is something you may need to keep on top of.

It’s a question of degree.

3 Likes

You guys seriously need to check this thread. Someone on IC did this very thing last year. They poked branches through a wall and had some branches on 12/12 and the rest of the plant on 18/6. Worked for a while but the idea is all there.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/grow-diaries/369883-seriously-sily-a-branch-blooming-diary

5 Likes