Can I chop and freeze?

It is time to harvest my first grow. We have a heat wave coming and alas I have no way to do a proper cure.

Am I ok to harvest bud and trim directly into the freezer until fall?

3 Likes

I do but, I only do edibles.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

You could freeze it and process it to say bubble hash.

But to answer your question I don’t think so at least not to cured flower

1 Like

If you have a high end freezer dryer that will work. A regular freezer will not work to dry flower to smoke. Either way is inferior to the traditional hang dry and jarring.

2 Likes

Yes I’m a non-smoker / non-vaper / non-dabber (nothing in the lungs) medical cannabis patient.

Sorry should have clarified… this is for eating. Still figuring that part out. I have bubble bags from The Press Club and a LEVO II for canna oil.

3 Likes

Fresh frozen works well for bubble hash. I’ll be trying that out in a few months myself! Best of luck, so much information to search thru, but it’s here. :slight_smile: :v: :star_struck:

3 Likes

If it’s for eating you are good to go. Enjoy the fruits of your labors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@G-paS Can I copy your method? I have no idea how to estimate… I have aboút 10 large colas (soda can or tall boy size) and loads of skinny buds, then popcorn.

What sort of container should I use? Should I separate the bud and sugar leaves?

Thanks so much! I’m a bit freaked out that I gotta do this in the next 12hrs.

I read on another forum where someone used fresh cut cannabis to make a cooking oil. Do a search for Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

2 Likes

You may want to check out JoeCrowe’s bubble hash threads… :+1:
Joe has this down to “a science”. :man_scientist:

He has a couple other related threads you can find from the top post.

His harvests go straight into the freezer and then later processed into exquisite full melt bubble hash. From there, you can process it into anything you wish.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

@SEMOActivist this one? Thanks so much!

1 Like

@Gpaw Thanks man.

2 Likes

That is the thread. I have never made edibles so I do not know how good that process works.

1 Like

If you have a deep freeze freezer that is the way to go versus a frost-free freezer. The deep freeze will prevent freezer burn and ice build-up. Here is a tutorial on dry ice hash, 8 simple steps to making Dry Ice Kief — Ed Rosenthal

5 Likes

@Tejas Fantastic. Thank you!1

1 Like