Can someone break down the grouping of cannabis varieties in phylos for me?

Can I get some more help understanding the reasoning for grouping and what constitutes the types of cannabis like skunk, hemp, berry, cbd, og kush, landrace?

It just seems so arbitrary, especially the use of polyhybrids of unknown provenance like og and hybrids made of different known landrace parents like skunk?

We dont even know the real origins of the Caribbean and Central/South America varieties. The use of terms like ganja suggest that at least Caribbean use is influenced by the presence of Indian people involved in british colonies at the time. But the origin of the mexican and columbian varieties are still out to lunch.

5 Likes

The best I could find is “it is protection for all our hard work.” But nothing that specifically answers your questions

5 Likes

Yea and i dont think sending them an email would clear it up. I dont want to get caught up in all the politics 9f what they are doing. They arent the best, but they are the first group that i know of that publicly announces the results of their testing.

They need to get they galaxy up and running again.

1 Like

I wonder if they would lease me the rights to the roadkill skunk they own :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe…
Soon you will pay a royalty just to grow some skunk genetics.
Road kill Skunk does not exist…LOL
Sam the skunk face said he bred the skunk out of the original skunk.
If you can believe that…LOL

1 Like

A bit off topic…
Have you seen this??
https://pastebin.com/raw/rDUaWDYK

4 Likes

Phylos never did a good job with the galaxy, very few found it usable.
I myself see it as a smoke screen to gain access to some valuable genetics.

6 Likes

Reading through the paste bin now. Really good stuff, where did you come by it.

I have been doing forums for 20+ years and that seems like the standard tales that have been around a long long time about sam skunkman being a rat, the sacred seeds bust, hortipharm being allowed its licensing due to sams involvement with government agencies and police, mendicino joe being romulan joe, etc.

The new info that has come out since i think has shown the majority of that narrative to be false.

Todd Mccormick has a good potcast episode and a few articles talking about this stuff as well.

Sam skunkman has been on hash church by bubbleman a few times.

Idk what to believe, i am some dude who has never being around anyone who has first hand info, its all 2nd hand and beyond stories and a lot of factions that seem to have issues separating facts from personal narratives.

And goddamn but do we stoners love gossip and out there conspiracies. From my times on forums, few people ever give credence to the simplest solutions

3 Likes

I’d say phylos is/was far from being a simple solution. When they were collecting samples, they told people there was nothing they could do with the samples & that they had no interest in growing/breeding–only documenting. This all while telling their investors how they were already in progress on a breeding program using the genetic info they were collecting and how profitable it was going to be for everyone involved (except the sources of the genetic samples).

5 Likes

sounds like a deranged nut. skimmed thru it

2 Likes

I would love to read that, send a link if you can.

I have been called that before…LOL

Some may call me a troll, but I do not care much for liars and scammers.
If I see you as that, I will call you out on it.
No matter how big your name is in the cannabis industry.
Skunk face was no exception.

Sam_Skunkman said:
Shaggyballs has attacked me over and over about PHYLOS, I am tired of it. Read the first post in this thread…

A ton of the thread has been edited but some of it is still intact.

3 Likes

@jessethestoner
You said you like the gossip…
This was a whole thread but got deleted…LOL

Icons of the Cannabis industry may not be what they seem!

Well we hear it all the time.
Our so called Cannabis heros are or have in the past worked for or with the DEA

Many folks state that members on icrag are or have in the past worked with the DEA!
We know who you are!

Here is some info that may surprise you.

https://theemeraldcup.com/culture-f…-wonderland-nursery-talks-authenticity-legacy

Kevin Jodrey gets busted for his first felony cannabis case in 1983 for cultivation and distribution when he was just a junior in high school., tossed in a juvenile facility.

Upon graduating high school, he joined the Coast Guard. Spending five years as an enlisted diver, he was now a highly skilled diver for the U.S. Coast Guard, often working drug trafficking interdiction cases alongside federal and local law enforcement off the coast of California.

Jodrey got a firsthand look at the amount of drugs flowing into the United States when the Coast Guard loaned him out to the Department of Justice for high-seas drug interdictions — that is, busting loads arriving on ships into the country.
On one particular bust, Jodrey was dropped by helicopter down onto the deck of a boat being used for drug smuggling.

Between 89-91 kevin went from busting pot to growing it in large amounts.

Wow Kevin went from busting ship loads of pot to growing a ship load of pot.
Wonder how the hell did he get that gig?:biggrin:

I wonder how many friends kevin jodrey has in the DEA/law enforcement?

Are you starting to see a pattern here?
A known player gets busted only to return as Cannabis King.
I wonder how many of these type of people in the industry today?

So it would seem:
The cannabis snitches are running the industry while the judges and cops are banking the coin.

Meanwhile, peaceful growers still go to prison.

The world seems ok with it all, WTF???
What a world??

Skunk if patented, how many cultivars would be effected by the patent?
Sam_Skunkman said:

I have kept careful track, there are exactly 3,721 skunk lines and 829,058 hybrids made from skunk#1.
-SamS

2 Likes

great topic but what is a (phylos )

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder what would happen if someone got some of these seeds and made S1’s and gave em out to the world? :innocent:

Just sayin’!
Or do they not reverse?
Hmmm?

The minimum order quantity for PhotoCBD is 5,000 seeds/order.
I wonder how much, I tried to find out, they ask for way too much info…LOL

I just checked out the site, no galaxy anymore…WTF??
It is messed up, after all these years, still nothing useable for the average man.

What a scam!

They were all about open source cannabis, then they just stole it all.
Now they are selling all the genetics that were stolen from the public samples under the pretense that they would never get into breeding.

As you can see clearly that was a big fat lie.
I called BS from the get go, called skunk face a liar to his skunk face.
He was the one that assured everyone phylos was on the up and up.

They were not, and far from it. :face_vomiting:

It was a scam from the start and all parties knew it. :exploding_head:
Especially skunk face…LOL

3 Likes

Depends really on what their genetic tag is for these groupings.

Their is much debate but with one thing for certain. Skunk 1, Blueberry and Og kush are crossed to almost everything, that some varieties exist beyond that (landrace) and then their are other just cbd varieties.

Once on breeds cannabis it makes a bit more sense the thought patterns of how the gene pool is bottlenecked.

4 Likes

Its love or to be loved in Greek. Its a buzzword company name.

Shaggyballs, what point are you making

1 Like

Thats not how plant breeding rights work also btw, you dont need to fear sam the skunkman taking over cannabis

I do not fear, I am just aware, there is a difference.
Taking over cannabis?
I never said anything like this?
The info should simply speak for itself.

My point is…
Same as above.
Phylos was a scam from the start and all parties knew about it from the start.
Also
They have not even provided any useful information in the process.