PHYLOS grumblings

anyone noticed how much real estate mr. skunkman sam aka dave watson is holding? :astonished: :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

search: watson

cannabis.sequoia

9 Likes

Interesting graphic.

Big business smells the money, and some folks are going to get very rich if big business has its way.

Overgrow.com and communities/organizations like it are vital to this plant.

Keep seedinā€™

11 Likes

my laptop has like 1gb of ramā€¦ what does it show? lots of his genetics are in the galaxy?

2 Likes

The problem with their galaxy is it ONLY includes those strains that have PAID to be included.
The names is whatever the person submitting says it is, yet itā€™s relationship to everything else
is genetic and thatā€™s repeatable. Try SOIL KING and itā€™s got a uniqueness rating to stand out
when compared to anything cookie or OG related.

5 Likes

my instincts are that California has made the first weed-billionaire, possibly a few. personally, it disgusts me, but so does $, & thatā€™s another debate. :wink:

the recent CA legal changes are a tragic comedy to me, like watching greedy children playing at operating a government in slow-motion.

itā€™s an interactive 3D map of strains that they have tested & organized for paying customers:

yup.

both 999p & the 1/2B 's replies point to my grumbling postā€¦

i searched for a few strains & saw some interesting conflictsā€¦and appreciate that we can look at the thing, too(they could keep it private).

then i saw the skunkmanā€™s huge-swath. lotā€™s of rare & unheard of stuff and way more than other breeders. :moneybag:

i would think that greenhouse seeds(arjan) would be all over something like this, but donā€™t see anything there.

recently heard Adam Dunn & discovered, ā€œaha!ā€, that most of the Ganja-rati Elite were just stoners that fled to holland & hung around ben dronkers for a couple years, then all thought they could do it too, some still areā€¦ and phew, iā€™m tired just thinking about all of the history & mystery.

:thinking:

5 Likes

Clack said Sam was a sketchy narc and kagyu said he was sketch as well so thatā€™s good enough for me.

4 Likes

Also, the whole send me your cut and Iā€™ll pay to have it registered scam seems like mark bait.

4 Likes

Arian is busy fucking models on piles of money. Also heā€™s one of the biggest genetics thieves of all time why would he put his own strains as being fraudulent.

6 Likes

yeah i know what the galaxy is but what will i see if i search watson or whateverā€¦ sometimes i can get the site to load but it has to be the only tab and program open lol and even then not always

edit: should have read first lol i think its important for breeders to submit their work so when someone else submits skunk #1 or whatever they have something reliable to compare it to, i could never really browse the galaxy much (see above lol) but it seemed to have a whole whack load of stuff.

i didnā€™t think you had to pay to have it included, just to have it genetically tested then you can opt in or out to the galaxy. not too sure how it works, a couple ladys from phylos were on tricky-ds resistance one time explaining it

1 Like

Sure heā€™s submitted everything he has because he doesnā€™t have to pay. Heā€™s partnerā€™s with Robert C. Clarke who is the man behind pylos from what I gatered from Hash Church. Sketch, narc, snitch, whatever you want to say, he did real breeding work with cannabis for decades. Its no wonder his stuff is in everything.

5 Likes

i wonder if they keep live tissue cultures of every single sample they receive, or those deemed worthyā€¦ you send them an elite cut and they could create thousands of cultures from itā€¦ is this a viable possibility?

7 Likes

Actually, they donā€™t accept cuts. The have a very specific protocol that includes washing stems in alcohol before shipping. Not sure if can tissue culture woth that, but I doubt they will bother.

1 Like

you can tissue culture from a small circle of a leaf. from any part of the plant i believe but not sure, imagine if monsanto or someone was behind it trying to collect specimens of all varieties. seems nefarious

6 Likes

Its definitely going to benefit some people to say that their clone only elite is being used without paying royalties. I doubt the likes of Monsanto couldnā€™t get all the genetics they want with just $$. No need for a conspiracy to accomplish that.

5 Likes

yeah but why pay for something when you could charge by selling it as a service instead :wink: who knows i wouldnā€™t be surprised if they get bought out eventually if itā€™s not already backed by big business

4 Likes

as I recall from the convention itā€™s ~$500 to get your flower sample DNA profiled, which adds it to the ā€œgalaxyā€. I think one day soon this will be useful for seed companies to identify & trademark their strains. Doesnā€™t seem worth much for hobbyists.

btw, I donā€™t see the need to diss Sam the Skunkman, he hangs around at ICmag and is helpful and not a narc, thatā€™s BS.

6 Likes

dunno what they do behind the green door over there, but i just heard old man Subcool claim a single cell is all thatā€™s needed to clone now. obviously $ too.

1 Like

this is one of those nasty controversies and could steer the thread off to the Tank. :dolphin:

something like the ā€œarm-chair quarterback analysisā€ for most of us i believe. if the old man simply came out & aired it all it might me quashed but since that hasnā€™t happened, & the dude has remained firmly dutch foreverā€¦ :thinking::cop:

ahem. do i get to kill my own thread here? :wink:

cannabis.sequoia

4 Likes

youā€™re right, sadly, I have the power to start a new thread but not the skill! :smile: I need to read up on how to do this stuff

4 Likes

You need to do some research on that one.

2 Likes