Phlyos seeds science

Has anyone heard anything about these seeds? I saw ilgm is advertising these seeds. Has anyone read up or have any info of these genetics or science? Thanks
“Phylos | Unlocking the potential of cannabis - Phylos Bioscience” https://phylos.bio

1 Like

I thought Phylos turned out to be a scam. They still exist? I wasn’t active then but just going off the stories I’ve read…

5 Likes

They were a massive scam. Just another group trying to make money ripping off growers.

4 Likes

Total scam although it was kind of funny watching all the scam “breeders” get scammed by them back in the day…like they rolled out the red carpet for them. 50 cookie/cookie crossed to cookie/cookie seeds for 380 :laughing: had to look

5 Likes

From what I’ve heard of ilgm is shadey af buying from white label companies. They are pushing like it’s the best thing since rolling papers!

4 Likes

Sad thing is people will fall for it.

3 Likes

I was one of the first to call out phylos, skunkman, chimera out on this scam.
The company is pretty fucked up.

With that said the science is pretty cool though.
I think they use marker breeding to achive their goals but who knows it could be GMO as it is being allowed for hemp and the next step was to work with cannabis.

Also I think this is a royalties set up.
Folks 10 years ago said it was fear mongering some here said it just recently but this is the new model going forward.

I personally would stay away, I hate supporting poor business practices.
I am confident they are going to come up with some very cool stuff, but they are climbing the ladder fast on the backs of others.

Didya notice they only sell autoflower and fems?

Has anyone cloned a true autoflowering plant?

This is their licensing agreement.

if you acquire seeds (“Seeds”) from Phylos through any distribution method, including this website. By ordering, opening Phylos packaging and/or possessing Seeds provided by Phylos (even if provided without charge), YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
https://seeds.phylos.bio/pages/product-terms-conditions

7 Likes

Instead of calling it a scam, we should call it what it is

Genetic theft

These guys pulled a huge fast one taking advantage of the community by saying they were gonna map the relationships between cultivars and so on

Got a bunch of respected figures like Arthur C Clarke to support them

Then they turned around and sold out big pharma style like some wise people suspected from the start (unfortunately)

Please do not give these individuals a goddamn cent of money

Furthermore

They only sampled certain parts of the genome and since turning on the community have no real basis of feedback or expert breeders from the community involved

They will be measuring by common agricultural metrics that smokers don’t CARE ABOUT

Again

Do not give them a cent

10 Likes

I didn’t think it seemed right just because it was partnered with ilgm.

Triploids is this a scam as well? Those seem interesting although making amazing genetics that aren’t possible to breed with seems like something the government would do to farmers. Oh shit wait they have! Have you driven by a corn field and seen the big sign with numbers on it. Look that # up find out if feed corn, human food corn, or gmo corn that can’t be bred and creates sterile seed so have to buy new.:thinking:

3 Likes

Triploids are not a scam

But I would buy them from respected breeders not these shmucks

It makes sense if you don’t want seeds in your plants under whatever conditions

You can mate triploids with triploids

3 Likes

It’s how we have seedless bananas

1 Like

That agreement is INSANE!!! Straight scumbaggery. It’s insane that clowns like skunkman, chimera, and lil kev jodrey are looked at as anything but total scumbags at this point.

heres a fun little passage for anyone not wanting to give them a website hit. theres no way this is legally binding lol

© Prohibited Use . You agree not to propagate the Seeds for the purpose of reselling the propagated Seeds, and not to genetically analyze, research, breed, or hybridize the Seeds without the express, written permission from Phylos.

10 Likes

Here is a little bit of history for those who want a little read.
I started a thread titled Phylos was a scam from the start and everybody knew it.
That got deleted of course, folks were rippin on skunkface and chimera.
Here is a thread that is still around.

Quote my main man
Troutman

I keep saying it all the time that Big Pharma and those who help it are not out friends. They are the ones who have kept Cannabis illegal for so long to enslave mankind with pills,etc. Now Big Pharma types and those who help them plan on taking all the hard work underground growers have done for the past few decades for themselves.

You may as well help the police arrest growers if you’re going to help Big Pharma types.

9 Likes

This is from Thcvhunter
The news will tell ya THCV has just been discovered by phylos… :rofl:

Chimera posted this on his Twitter account.

What’s the context?

The discovery shows that living tissue can be made using “dead” tissue.
Why is “dead” now in quotations? Because the term “dead” is being litigated.

So, people send in “dead” tissue to a genetic bank that, dead cells are able to be cultured to living cells, and likely Phylos does have TC’s of genetic material sent in by people who thought they were sending in dead plant material, which is giving Phylos possession of living genetic code, paid for by the people who donated the genetic material to Phylos.

This plant is going to be used in drugs, pharmaceuticals, foods and drinks, construction, textile, etc.
It’s a multi-trillion dollar industry.
We are witnessing novel technology being developed for this industry and BioTech is at the center of that, meaning billions if mot trillions for certain BioTech companies, like the Phylos/Skunkman conglomerate.

These plays being made have been orchestrated for a long time by multi-national entities.

4 Likes

It would be awesome if they had to pay people royalties for samples they sent in!! I’d request royalties over a lump sum also!! The biggest crooks all come out of Harvard Law!

People always talk about dishonest criminals. I’d love to hold lawyers accountable with the same consequences as the street gives. Ahh fantasy island time for me :joy::joy:

My buddy was just telling me about a long time grower setting up a legal grow for a company. As soon as they had his operating system down he was fired!

5 Likes

Marker-based breeding is fascinating and probably a great way to improve strains. But I don’t have a lab, and anything marker-based is going to belong to someone else. So I’ll be staying completely away from it.

Before too much longer, OG might be the only safe place to score seeds.

4 Likes

I think everyone needs to understand these seeds probably all have genetic markers in them. Think Monsanto and gmo. Popular strains will be checked for these markers, you will be in court over using them in commercial crops or seed sales without paying the vig.

I was just at a meeting of small licensed ny growers. The speaker got up and said “ make no mistake Wall Street wants 100% of the market “

8 Likes

That’s bullshit (not what you said, but the actual practice). They should have to prove their markers went in. And in my opinion, the plant is a sum of its entire DNA. Nobody should be allowed to “own” life.

4 Likes

You should go watch the future of food. Monsanto had marker genes in the food crops they genetically modified. These crops were supposed to be sterile.
They weren’t and crossed with all the farms around them. After a year or so they would approach neighboring farms and tell them they were growing unlicensed crops and sue them. Only way to prove your innocence was to save seed from each year so you could show they contaminated your heirloom seeds. Most could not do this.

They also had a specific type of farm that they would go after. The size, income all were part of the equation

5 Likes

Yep it’s been a huge scam, and they shouldn’t get away with that. Fuckers.

3 Likes