Can someone confirm that this is a sativa?

I found this growing on the side of my house that i barely walk to. It looks like a sativa thats had around 4-5 weeks of growth. No idea where this came from so either the prior homeowner planted seeds or someone threw them over the fence prior to my move in. Can someone confirm this?

Uploading: D3FDAB43-3790-4675-A9CF-48F80A9D582C.jpeg… Uploading: 44F4599E-955A-42E6-8DCA-964ACB299DF6.jpeg…

3 Likes

Its weed but not the kind you smoke .

10 Likes

Lol…that ain’t marijuana

5 Likes

Kind of looks like what we used to call milkweed

2 Likes

That looks like a young ironweed… you’ll find out why it’s called that when you try and pull it out. Wear gloves to keep your skin intact.

5 Likes

Yeah Nah I wouldn’t be smoking it my friend …and welcome to OG , I think you’ll like it here

2 Likes

Nah thats just a regular weed. You can download the PictureThis app (comes with a free trial) or use the plant.id website for free and it will tell you what it thinks it is Here are plant.id’s best guesses. I’ve been identifying all the wild grasses behind my house, it’s pretty fun.

2 Likes

Yup its sativa. Looks like its ready to test.

3 Likes

@Justonequestion please come back when you are of legal age and don’t smoke stuff found in your yard

10 Likes

Goldenrod, it will make a nice yellow flower shortly.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Goldenrod is an herb that is worth having around, it attracts beneficial insects that eat nonbeneficial insects harassing your garden. Also, there are many health benefits to growing and harvesting your own Goldenrod … it does a body good in many ways!

6 Likes

Welcome to OG @Justonequestion.

I’d say it’s a good thing you joined up with OG when you did, otherwise you may have tried to smoke that weed… and trust me, it won’t taste good.

Stick with us and we’ll get you all dialed in proper, on this growing cannabis thing.

2 Likes