Canada Seed Trading

yep the knock off cans started happening more and more because they were being sold for like 300 each zip, vietnamese came in and sold everything as kush and thats when you really had to source what you were getting and pgr bud became the norm. bubba kush on the street went from known as the best around to losing its rep because all the fake shit being called it, any asian you dealt with had the bubba kush … just the shitty kind lol

3 Likes

see… i started out as a white kid with a bunch of asian friends from highschool. One of my friend’s older brother was involved in the asian gangs and I spent a lot of time haging out with them in the late 80’s after highschool. I had knocked up my girlfriend in the beginning of 88 and I needed a side gig that made real money. They introduced me to the hashish man and I never looked back. Those asians weren’t known for thier weed but they did seem well supplied with the best cocaine in town and they would get this hash that was marbled with opium and that was one of my favorite things back then LOL.
Freshly seperated from the girl who had my kid , I started dating the hottie with the biker dad… and my weed growing journey began and I turned my back on my journey to being a gangster LOL
Say what you will about bikers and thier lifestyle… those particular bikers saved me from a life that was going to take me nowhere but dead or in prison.

10 Likes

To the people who had experience was your experience with the burmese that went around bc? I saw it listed on Jordan of the isalnds site for a deal and thought fuck it, why not? from the website

• Sativa Dominant

Fruity, resinous. Burmese is a well known land-race Sativa, loved for its fruity tones and squat growth structure.
One of our most popular Sativas for indoors.
8-10 weeks

it’s def no landrace me thinks, but there is some interesting potential and I have heard of it before. can someone provide anymore details? thanks

ps, love all the stories about old scenes, from the people who bought single grams off a friend, to the larger groups doing their thing.

@SHSC-1 where was the lsd coming from and how good was it? Over the last few years, the lsd scene has ben exploding again thanks to the darkweb, things are plentiful and cheap

2 Likes

Not really sure where the LSD was coming from in the beginnng. It would always by the sheets from this guy who was always super reliable and I met him thru my hash supplier. Later on when I started up with the growers I was able to source liquid from a connected guy on Vancouver island that was a chemist and had graduated from U-Vic. I’d be willing to bet a lot of the LSD going around back then was being made in the hands of university chem grads.

9 Likes

There was also one of two of the original orange sunshine chemists, named nick sands, who was active in Port Coquitlam for a while till arrested in 1996 with over 4 grams of lsd and other stuff he made. i agree lots of lsd was probs being made by university chem students/grads, but it is also interesting who else was around.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/nicholas-sand-chemist-who-sought-to-bring-lsd-to-the-world-dies-at-75.html

I just watched a few good movies about the orange sunshine days and he seems to have been a real radical figure.

6 Likes

CBD strains

1 Like

Cool, here’s what I have:

Fem Auto:
5x Dinamed Kush CBD - Dinafem.

Regular:
4x Harlequin (5:2) - Medicine Man Seeds
2x Cherry Wine - Greenpoint seeds.
10x Abacus and 10x Cherry Abacus - Monarch Hill Hemp.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

5 Likes

Sounds like a interesting strain.

1 Like

That 5:2 CBD sounds interesting except I never do just 4 seeds. If I like it then it’s harder to save.

2 Likes

I understand. Up until recently I had 16, but traded 8 of them.

With the remaining 8, I should do a small seed run starting in October. Then I can give you more than just 4 seeds.

2 Likes

I’ve been trading gear worldwide for years because of my Thai Hybrid and I always wanted 10 to 20 viable units so if it was good I could run it again or breed. I’ve tested a hundred strains from trades with very few keepers. And I’ve dumped a few thousand in traded seeds plus a few thousand seeds of my breeds that were not worthy of my approval. Bird food. Yep I’ve fed the birds a few times.

2 Likes

I hear you. :grinning:

Skill wise, I’m trying to move up and become a more consistent and confident grower. This will be my first time making seeds. With the @GrowFAQ posts and help along the way from Og’ers, I should end up with more Harlequin seeds I can continue to enjoy and share. :green_heart:

4 Likes

I made a cross like this. It should have been awesome. But it…wasn’t. I have yet to dispose of them. I might just walk the railway tracks and scatter them as I go.

10 Likes

Hello ? … Someone in here ? …

2 Likes

(I can’t hear you)

2 Likes

Hi friends! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Psssssssst ! PSSSSSSSSTTTTTT !!!

Drop your :seedling:🫘:jeans:

Yes! But not as many as in the non country specific one!

1 Like