Canadian Secret Santa 2022 Wiki SIGN UP!

My OG Santa was overly generous. I was outdone, and not by a little.

I’m so grateful to him and thankful for the entire community.

Happy Holidays my friends!

18 Likes

Glad it made it there safe and in a timely fashion. Merry Christmas everyone.

6 Likes

Beyond grateful for the gifts from secret Santa. Still having a hard time wrapping my mind around how generous people are in here. Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks again!

16 Likes

How any are waiting for their package still?

7 Likes

I finally got around to sampling some of the Dessert Runtz my Secret Santa sent…just wanted to say how tasty it was…and thanks again!

14 Likes

Glad it made it safely man. Be careful with those jelly beans, they are dangerous :flushed:

10 Likes

The Carolina Reaper is 2.2 million on the Scoville scale.

12 Likes

Ya those scare the shit out of me hahaha

2 Likes

My wife tried one of the Carolina Reaper ones, she loves hot. She did not love those, kind of like a blow torch to the mouth.

3 Likes

The latest episode of Dirty Jobs covers this horror.

;:hot_pepper:

4 Likes

I never even tried one. It’s not my thing. They use actual puree from the peppers in the beans so they are the real deal. As someone who studies survival skills it goes against my thought process. If you are in the woods and taste something that gives you that type of reaction it’s natures way of saying don’t eat it. I don’t get folks doing that to themselves but they do. To each their own.

5 Likes

I will stick with the Jalapenos. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Habaneros are awesome

I grow a doz or or so every yr

last yr I grew some Aji Lemon

really nice with a strong lemon taste.

Bare

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t mind some spice in my life so I get that. I just think there are extremes people go to that I don’t really understand. Some folks life for it. Hey, if it makes a person happy then why not. It’s their mouth.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would ever try that Carolina Reaper pepper.
My insides couldn’t handle that. :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t blame you. A Jalapeno pepper ranges from 2000 to 8000 on the Scoville meter. The Carolina Reaper is 2.2 million. It’s pretty crazy.

4 Likes

Oh jelly beans I bet I could get one of those down and get a buzz .
Change that thought I can’t handle heat thought you had some medicated beans you were testing.

1 Like

I think it’s the release of endorphins. I kinda like it at times haha. 10 years back I broke my guts with hot sauce though, couldn’t handle any spice for a couple years after that.

But yeah, I think it’s like running…endorphins. You won’t catch me going out for a run, just like we won’t catch you eating a reaper lol

3 Likes

Haven’t seen any notice of a package here yet but no worries, post can be slow at times

2 Likes

The guy that bred the Carolina Reaper has a stronger pepper he’s working on he calls: “Pepper X”.

Pepper X is a cultivar of Capsicum chili pepper bred by Ed Currie, creator of the Carolina Reaper.[1][2] Pepper X resulted from several cross breedings that produced an exceptionally high content of capsaicin in the locules of the pepper.[2] The exceptional pungency of the chili was developed over 10 years of cultivation.[1][3] According to Currie, he started developing Pepper X as he found his favorite chili peppers too mild and wanted to have a pepper that had more heat while retaining the flavor.[3]

Currie stated that it is “two times as hot as the Carolina Reaper”,[3] which would make it the hottest pepper in the world with a Scoville scale of 3.18 million units, but this remains unconfirmed by Guinness World Records as of 2022.[1][3]

I keep my eye on their site for the seeds but it’s not happened yet.

4 Likes