Canagen's LOS grow

Beans starting to plump up. Another 2 weeks maybe?

3 Likes

Popped a first seed off. Looks ok to me. Shouldn’t be too long now for the rest. Any suggestions when to do a complete harvest? Or can I do a selective pruning?

In the meantime the second clone is getting on to week 4:

While I have these two window-vegging:

GDP @ week 5:

Punch Pie @ week 3:

Hoping the GDP is a female so I can cross it with some Afghani pollen.

Cheers

3 Likes

So that previous grow attempt in the closet proved to be a failure production wise but there were still valuable lessons learned. I am now back in my3x3 tent but using a TS1000, which I know is under-powered. Will be upgrading setup once this completes.

I’ve also had to do a ghetto setup with my extractor using a 12v fan through a 15 foot flexhose that is coiled on top to reduce airflow. I have now been able to maintain temps between 70-75 lights on and dropping down to 68 at night. RH seems to be stable as well, 50-60% lights on dropping down to 30% at night. And I still had to jam a lid to help reduce airflow further.

My ghettor extractor setup:

Tent setup with GDP on the left and Punch Pie:

GDP:

Punch Pie:

They are now in 7G pots since the 15s were just a bit too big for the tent. I may still use my closet for flowering when I can control the environment within. Seems such a waste of space.

So now the wait begins until I can try some selective pollination with some Afghani.

4 Likes

Excellent grow you have going there. I love your fan placement! :heart_eyes: :vulcan_salute:
That’s ‘outside the box’ (translation, I’m stealing that idea!)

I usually take the front cage off - especially if I need to sieve some recycled soil :laughing:

Cheers
G

Thanks. That’s why I posted it, might give someone else an idea or two.

Cheers.

1 Like

Flowering week 3 from flip:

PP:

Cheers.

4 Likes

Some home grown seeds coming along. Both were pollinated with some Afghani. I am hoping to tame that lankiness of the Punch Pie and get more bud growth on the stems.

GDP:

Punch Pie:

It should make for an interesting cross I hope.

4 Likes

Week 5 update:

20210201_040142

20210201_040238

20210201_040509

20210201_042247

Punch Pie:

20210201_040800

20210201_040814

Been fortunate with the environment so far. Cheers.

5 Likes

10/10 so far brother! :sunglasses: :+1:

You are making me envious! esp. that 4th shot.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m really excited about this grow, especially with the success in pollinating some buds with Afghani. Now if only I can afford a better light…

1 Like

Punch Pie is dead. Bitch hermied on me and I’m just hoping I caught it in time. So I am left with this, ending her week 6:

Don’t think they will get that much bigger under this light but the buds seem dense and really sticky. Smell is more prevalent when they are rustled.

Best freehand shot I could do:

I am hoping I don’t see any further issues. I’d just be satisfied to see its completion. And I definitely need a higher powered light in there. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I have been eyeing the HLG 300 but as usual funds are low. Oh well…cheers.

4 Likes

Buds I pollinated with some Afghani. The main reason I want to complete this grow to fruition.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find a seed here and there as I didn’t take any precautions in bagging the stems. We’ll see, it looks promising.

4 Likes

Did it totally go hermie or were there just a few male flowers here and there? 'Cause sometimes I can get like 1 or two male flowers on 4 plants in bloom, but usually never any seeds.

I found nanners in the crooks between stems. Once I started trimming it I found them hiding under the buds. You would have never known you had them until it’s too late. In my case, I noticed one stem had sprouted them though it had nothing at that node junction. Once I saw that, I chopped. Now I have to keep checking the undersides more thoroughly on this plant. It sucks but what can you do? Cheers.

1 Like

So, a quick question for the experts and more experienced:

Other than the obvious under powered lighting, what else could I have improved on in your honest opinion? I think that my media is working well and with some topdressing, can only get better. I know my environment needs further tuning to suit the outside ambient temps.

What say you?

1 Like

Some might suggest more LST but I rather like your approach.
I’ve been working to improve VPD this grow, that has helped. I’ve also been playing with Dynomyco this grow and like the effects on young ones.

Your GDP is a beast, I’d be ticked pink to grow her out as well as you did.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Week 7 and starting to yellow steadily. I hope it’s just a sign of maturity rather than issues.

Seeded:

I’ve seen the odd seed here and there on the other buds. Fun stuff! I’ve heard of others crossing Afghani with GDP yet haven’t found a completed grow anywhere. Anyone??? It’s nothing special so I would think someone else has done this. Anyway…cheers.

6 Likes

@CADMAN did a Kosher Daddy - across of GDP and Jew Gold '74. JG was renamed Kosher Kush in the 00’s(ish).

There’s some great photos of his work in here

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Trich hunting time! Starting week 8 and I don’t know if she is foxtailing or just swelling.

It’s funny how the yellowing starts at the top portion of the canopy but only of the older leaves. Makes me think that I may need to increase my N inputs to my mix. As well, I had been giving a K supplement (FFE) this past week so I don’t know if that caused the swelling. I will see. This hobby is fun.

Cheers and happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Wet trimmed and drying in the fridge:

Will be doing final trim in a week or so. As for my cross breeding project, these are all I’ve found so far:

I should have tagged the branch. Should make an interesting cross. Thanks for that link to @CADMAN pics, @Gpaw. Those are mighty fine looking buds. I am hoping this cross will help fill out the GDP’s bud output and follow the Afghani’s bud density. And I think for that I would also have to increase lighting. Last thing in the equation I guess as I’ve got media and environment under control.

Cheers.

4 Likes