Squirtle RDWC multi strain

Back at it with some freebie seeds to get my feet wet.

Front left is green crack. Front right is gorilla breath. Back right is blue fire.

Blue fire is packing bud nicely and has lemon pledge aroma.

Green crack is absolutely a beast. 5ft x 5ft canopy

Nothing impressive about gorilla breath. Was the runt of the bunch and received less light than the others but looks to be a fast finisher. All the pistils are turning orange already. About week 3/4 of flower.

14 Likes

Lighting is (4) QB304 from HLG driven by (2) 260w mean well ballasts. In the way back is a veg spectrum dual qb304 on a single 260w just cause I needed something to fit that tiny area. In the middle I have (14) Solstrips x2 driven by (2) 320w meanwells

Nutrients jacks 321 diluted to 1.2EC

6 Likes

Grow is a bit of a mess. Been wicked busy and havent given them the attention they deserve. Life has a way of throwing you a shitstorm after shitstorm. Started growing again thinking I had the time again and then poof the time fairy took it all away.

Need to hard pipe my dehumidifier. I feel chained to emptying it. Emptied 10 hrs ago. I check this morning and its full again and the room is 65%. Not good. Probably wasnt like that for long and i dont think an hour or two of high humidity will cause problems. But green crack is known to get PM so id rather not take any unnecessary risks and since having to go to my room every 10 hours is unreasonable im going to drain to a 55 gal barrel outside the room and pump it out periodically

3 Likes

If you are really strapped for time then in the mean time you can put it on a chair and drop a 20L bucket under it with a short pipe out the dehui. If you do however, you better make sure you remember to check it each day :slight_smile: Cos it wont auto turn off if it gets full.

PS: Good to see you back.

3 Likes

Yeah. Its dumped a lot. Have a 53.2L bucket ive been emptying into for now and its already full after 5 days.

And thanks! Good to be back. Havent had a harvest since October. Need to fill them jars again!

5 Likes

That green crack looks great. I still need to get a dehumidifier, what model and size are you using? Probably going to try and get something from Lowe’s or Menards. My entire garage is 576 sg ft. Only plan on using a 1/4 of the garage and use the larger part of garage as lung room.

1 Like

Thanks. She bushed out well. Barely trained it. Just tied it down when it got too big. This is gonna be a 10+ ounce plant I can tell. Gonna need to support it soon. Weird. We tie down plants just to tie them up later. I could fill a whole 8x4 space with that plant given 2 month veg.

Not sure tbh the make/model. Its a 73pint per day though. My room is 12x10

1 Like

Some mods I made to my RDWC was raising the sites on CMUs so they are 8" roughly off the ground. This does two things. 1.) It allows me room to put tappings on the bottom to drain back to the control bucket for a better drain when it comes to res changes. 2.) I no longer have to throttle the pump since the water level is near the top of the reservoir and the system drains back nearly as fast as its pumped. No more gurgling pumps. No more slow trickles for my waterfall.

1 Like

Had some extra 2x3s lying around so put em to use. Not the best looking setup (carpentry isnt my forte). But hey it works and will keep RH at 50% without me changing buckets every 8 hours.

I have it draining into my veg room where there is a 14gal barrel. Eventually ill put a float switch sump pump in there and hard pipe with a swing check valve to utility sink

8 Likes

Grow done and over with

Pulled 20oz off the green crack. 11 off blue fire and 4 off gorilla breath

Green crack had a fruity and tight buds. Blue Fire had a lemon/citrus smell and foxtailed hard to trim buds and gorilla breath had tight diesel smelling buds.

Gorilla breath reaks like skunks rolled around in diesel fuel 3 months later.

These have been most fragrant. I owe that to the finish nutrients and keeping my drying room at 65F. Not sure the weight of influence between the two variables.

This was the green crack a couple days before harvest. July 16th 2020

10 Likes

This was taken 5 days ago and is 6 green cracks. The other two sites the plants arent ready yet so im hoping to just fill in that area with the bigger 2 of the 6

7 Likes

Flipped 3 days ago. Put some black white poly up on one side to keep the light better contained. Gotta put the other side up tomorrow.

Everything is filling in nicely. The runt to the front left is just hitting the screen.

10 Likes

Filling in real nice

13 Likes

Cut some clones the other day and started some new seeds

11 Likes

Last night I did another rough training. Broke some branches folded over a bunch more. 24hrs they perked back up

15 Likes

Squirtle Squirtle!

1 Like

My old man started growing over the summer. This is his second crop. Training courtesy of Squirtle Squad

13 Likes

Nice! Everyone looks good. Man I been trying to get my dad to do the same at his house but mom ain’t having it lol. Squirtle Squirtle!

2 Likes

Yeah he was using organic teas and i told him to ditch them since they didnt look happy. Hes back on GH Flora Series. I cant help him much with soil or ratios since ive been using dry salts for 5 years now. Got no idea. I can recognize plants that dont look happy and usually figure the cause. And I can help with training and topping and other plant specific advice. I started with hydro and been at it for over 10 years so I wouldnt know where to begin with soil.

When i was growing up i wanted to grow at our house but he wouldnt let me. Now that Mass is legal he figured he would try. Hes been spending money like a kid in a candy shop. That red frame is an HLG 600w LED light. Got that like 3 months after I had him get a 600w HPS since i already had a nearly new ballast for him to use and LEDs are spendy. He saw my lights and wanted some of his own. I told him id build him one and the next day he says he bought one. Doesnt listen lol.

6 Likes

I’m the same but im growing in organic soil and don’t know much about the other styles of growing. When I 1st started I wanted to learn all the styles but living organic soil is such a rabbit hole im stuck lol. But if its easy and works and the quality is good why change it? Got to keep it simple.

Lol my dad is the same and I love it! I gave him my old grow stuff a 3x3 tent, a MH lamp with an air cooled hood and a pack of seeds. I told him he just needs a inline fan and he can start hopefully mom will give in one day lol. You and your dad should be set for life and thats a beautiful thing. I love my LEDs! @SquirtleSquad

3 Likes