Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

4 Likes

Way to go Virginia! On Easter Sunday, no less.

3 Likes

Wait so what are the other 53% of people seeking treatment for? Lol

3 Likes

:smirk: :hamburger:

:evergreen_tree: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Effort to Put Recreational Marijuana on Fall Ballot Falters

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/missouri/articles/2020-04-15/effort-to-put-recreational-marijuana-on-fall-ballot-falters

5 Likes
2 Likes

Very interesting.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I have to admit that until I read this, I was unaware of Twitch.

:+1:

1 Like
3 Likes

Unfortunately, it appears as if the State of Florida has a miscreant in the position of AG.
This misguided AG is on a mission to thwart the will of Florida’s citizens, regardless of decency.
Shameful.

:-1:

2 Likes

The use of “strain” names for Indica–Sativa hybrids began with Watson (1985). A database of strain names currently lists 14,348 of them (Seedfinder 2019). This crowd-sourced enterprise – crossing and re-crossing hybrids of largely clandestine parentage – has resulted in a loss of genetic diversity (Mudge et al. 2018). Most strains sold by seed companies are characterized as “Sativa-dominant” or “Indica-dominant.” The arbitrariness of these designations is illustrated by “AK-47”, a hybrid strain that won “Best Sativa” in the 1999 Cannabis Cup, and won “Best Indica” four years later (McPartland 2017). Conceptually, a “strain” is equivalent to a “cultivar,” the latter being a taxonomic rank recognized by the “International Code of Nomenclature for Cultivated Plants” (ICNCP, Brickell et al. 2016). However, few commercial “strains” of drug-type Cannabis have met ICNCP requirements for cultivar recognition (Small 2015).

Excerpted from below:

5 Likes

Review: Cannabis Smoke Exposure Is “Distinct from Tobacco,” Not Associated with COPD or Lung Cancer

https://norml.org/news/2020/04/23/review-cannabis-smoke-exposure-is-distinct-from-tobacco-not-associated-with-copd-or-lung-cancer

2 Likes
1 Like

I dunno … got a great buzz going…and bored as fuck
ok here goes… Star Trek… was a space life form that lived off light… they had it in a room where they (capn Kirk) controlled the light… in that room we could grow space weed.