Good news everybody! MORE Act. Will it pass in the Senate?

35 Likes

Good? News? It’s been so long, I forgot there was a good kind…

8 Likes

I know right, normally it’s:

11 Likes

IT’S ABOUT F’ING TIME!!! Think of all the frigging lives ruined over Cannabis, for shame. Do the right thing, already…SS/BW…mister :honeybee:

13 Likes

I can’t NOT read the title in Prof. Farnsworth’s voice.

14 Likes

I would be shocked if this actually moves forward.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t, they see the money in cannabis and the bigger players in the industry as well as big corporations looking to diversify donate big money to both parties pair that with majority public support and I wouldn’t be shocked if they decide to change the language to call for full legalization (so it can benefit their donors)

Personally I prefer decriminalization, cannabis is one of the few markets where working class people can gain entry to both production and distribution with minimal startup costs.

8 Likes

I agree… legalization often comes with regulation and other bloat. Here in Illinois it’s just fucking sad; glad I can grow this year. Wish is started earlier.

Now, on the medical side, I do see a need for regulation and prices may be higher because of that, but that’s the patients choice. I should be able to buy budget, low quality buds off my neighbor or premium lab tested shit at the dispensary. The mess we have now is just sad.

3 Likes

While this is good news, I sure wish they would work on passing the $900 Billion Dollar bipartisan aid package proposal. There are a lot of people and small business really hurting out there right now.

This could be taken up in July when the pandemic is behind us!

4 Likes

Board clear Warlock - Hearthstone Decks

Fuckin’ narc ass pharaoh.

21 Likes

FOR REAL Right!!!

2 Likes

HAHAHAH, oh, too funny, good catch! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Really? You’d be shocked if they moved forward?

Oregon just legalized all personal drug use…it seems that maybe the fed’s will let us make up our own minds!!! fingers crossed

4 Likes

Yeah… Sadly, I don’t see this happening while Mitch McConnel is still in charge of the Senate, regardless of what he’s said in the past. Not unless the bill also gets them another judge on the supreme court, then it’d go through…

6 Likes

It was always a matter of time…but once it happened in Oklahoma of all places, I knew it was gonna happen nationwide. I thought Oklahoma would be the absolute LAST state, maybe Mississippi or Alabama.

7 Likes

Oh, for real. Mississippi will be the last bastion of idiocy.

Sorry Mississippi.

3 Likes

No worries; Mississippians don’t like Mississippi. Statistically the worst-off state by almost every metric.

2 Likes

Yeah dude but that’s Oregon, how many other states you see doing that ? I would be totally shocked if they could get a majority vote. No doubt you have certain senators that would be in favor but you would need more support than just a few progressive thinking politicians to get it done.

I don’t think there are many politicians out there who are going to move this agenda forward any time soon. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am. I don’t see it passing.

2 Likes

I think a lot of them don’t care personally (which is why no serious effort was really made to shut medical/recreational states down federally) they know it’s bullshit too, but no one wants to take a stand on the side of dopers either. Then their opponents can run attack ads like “he’s soft on drugs”. 80 years of “law and order” and propaganda and all that.

1 Like

Agreed - Oregon is a different world.

I just see a major shift in our society towards more the fed’s staying “hands off” but, we all know what that really means “higher taxes and etc”.

Either way you look at it, personal responsibility is where the buck stops I suppose.

2 Likes