Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Like I said before the end game of that line of research is only having Corporate Government Stores selling seeds for Government Script. It is the Robber Barron Days on Steroids.

5 Likes

Hold on to your seeds and make more. I’m not sure what triploids will do but seedless plants is not what we want. Say no to sterile cannabis.

7 Likes

It will be just like commercial food and animal feed farming. If you do not buy the highest-yielding seeds the other guy who does will run you out of business. Then there is the great risk of the gene leaking into the wild. How would wild cannabis survive if they suddenly started making so few seeds?

4 Likes

I do not disagree…But…
Some folks swear that is never going to happen.

Some folks say that is just fear-mongering.

Some folks would tell you your overthinking things.
This sorta stuff could never happen it is all fear-mongering.

You don’t wanna know what I think of some folks…LOL

2 Likes

They made the mistake of driving cannabis to the black market for decades, there’s no way to eradicate seeded cannabis or eliminate competition now.

Too many people have the knowledge, desire, and impetuous to keep cannabis genes going. Something like this would light a bigger fire under the community than prohibition or commercial growing combined.

8 Likes

I must say I wish this were true, it may in the future, but my hope is dim.
I have been trying to tell folks about this sorta thing for over 10 years.
The fires lit by this are barely smoldering.
As I said in the post above they just say it is fear mongering.

Here is a post I made here…

4 Likes

After reading that article a second time, I can not help but wonder if most of the edibles and vape pens sold in stores are not chemically converted THC from hemp.

If you think about it, the profit margin is far greater than cannabis THC.
These folks are all about the profit and who would know if it never got tested?

A quote for the article…
Eighty percent of what Delta was producing was the Conte brand that included the hemp-derived THC, :thinking:

Think about that next time you purchase an edible or vape. :nauseated_face:

5 Likes
5 Likes

Interesting article.

2 Likes

The comments at the bottom of the article, as well.

1 Like

I had to go back and read em, thanks!
From the article.
The guy could have just said a fellow breeder as that is what nevil was.
But he said this…

a heroin addict named Nevil used a grant from the Dutch government to get clean by growing cannabis seeds

Nevil is dead now and can not defend himself so why not smear his name to discredit what he has said in the past.

A kick in the nuts if you will, kinda dirty too.

Oh and no mention of those mysterious haze brothers that were supposed to have had the first haze beans.

2 Likes

Yowza! Some blistering responses to the article.

2 Likes

Author

Todd McCormick

I’m shocked - absolutely shocked - that someone with a business based around having the “authentic genetics” everyone is looking for would write an article simultaneously tearing down the competition while explaining why he is miraculously the only one in the world to have the real thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Didn’t even realize his name came out as a link. Since it’s a link anyway, but one with no information about the author, I pointed it to where it should go - his seed company’s web page. Just a bit of an ulterior motive there…

9 Likes
4 Likes

“We must call on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Department of Justice to issue statements that neither agency will enforce the Controlled Substances Act or the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act”

4 Likes

I guess people don’t want seeds. For the homegrow, nothing is more fun and interesting than seed making. Then you figure out its not hard to make your own awesome crosses. Hit a few lower branches with some pollen, seeded nugs at the bottom of every jar if you get that far.

4 Likes

You can have some of my seeds. Problem solved.

5 Likes

I am a little confused by one thing in that article… the Colorado retailer who said he didn’t know the THC extract used in the pre-rolls he was buying was derived from hemp… didn’t he know he was buying from an out of state producer, and therefore in violation of federal law and the Cole Memo? One would think you’d either be a little gunshy about acknowledging you’d knowingly done that, or that maybe you’d clue in to the fact that it probably wasn’t extract made from drug cultivar plants?

5 Likes
9 Likes

When they legalized here, along with conveniently leaving homegrowing a felony until they’ve collected enough bribes, they also neglected to write up any legal methods for determining impairment. Now, instead of it being flat-out illegal and “a smell of marijuana” being the preferred excuse for cops molesting kids they don’t like the look of, it’s legal and cops can instead call a “drug recognition expert” to perform a 12-step test to determine if someone’s impaired. Luckily, there are no standards for said tests, so now instead of just saying they smell weed they have to call someone else to say they think they recognize the signs of drug use in their behavior. Seems like it is in no way an improvement, except for the politicians being bribed and the ones bribing them. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes