Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

So… who’s going to be the first to smoke wooly umbrella?

4 Likes

Maybe a tincture would be safer than smoking.

4 Likes

Home grow forum in Trenton nj

Thoughts please

https://finder.headynj.com/events/nj-cannabis-homegrow-forum/?mc_cid=f0edcdfdc8&mc_eid=953d972260

3 Likes

Wish them luck. I think it will be hard to alter laws that have been so recently passed.I feel most politicians will view this issue as having been addressed and won’t have the wear with all (sic) to revisit. I forget which (maybe Arkansas) voted not to legalize and it was speculated it was due to the voters not happy with the homegrow provisions. They opted to fight for friendlier home grow provisions.

8 Likes

They want me to drive to Trenton and pay between $20-50 for what, now? Other people’s buds and an opportunity to listen to them tell me what I already believe? Our politicians aren’t listening to anything except the sweet sound of the most expensive legal market in the nation, possibly the world.

10 Likes

I saw that email and it said they’ll be discussing how homegrow will fit with the market rather than compete or something, basically what we’d want the politicians to hear to possibly sway them… except they won’t be there and everyone who will be is already on board and doesn’t really care whether it benefits the market.

10 Likes

There is no money being made off homegrows by the tax man unless they require each plant be registered like commercial growers.

Only the government could screw up legal weeds as much as they have. They still want to treat consumers as degenerates who need to be kept on a short leash.

After all the brainwashing the government has been involved in for the last 90 years, society will need 10-20 years to get mindset realigned. Of course it will help as the dinosaurs in power move on to darker places

5 Likes

Not that homegrow would benefit them in anyway, just how it wouldn’t impact them like they think it would. Many would try to grow and decide it wasn’t for them and many growers will still purchase anyway. They think if they allow homegrow everyone is going to become a farmer and completely undermine the industry but it couldn’t be further from the truth.

7 Likes

Well said @Slick1 We see this being played out in Michigan right now.
Most folks want to buy from the stores.
I dunno why they want that crap but they gobble it up like it is going out of style.
None the less the war on home growing is real.

4 Likes

Finding the right balance of laws is important, but who are we kidding, we are just going to do what we do anyway and they can fuck off with their rules.

11 Likes

“Their rules”

NOT mine

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Growers grow. Rulers rule. Would be as much fun if it wasn’t at least a little bit wrong

3 Likes
5 Likes

Rules we don need no stinking rules

4 Likes
3 Likes

That may be one of the worst pieces of science writing I’ve seen in awhile. Maybe some of the sentences make sense to someone versed in science/medical journals, but if it’s meant to be interpreted by a general audience it’s almost gibberish. Look at the first sentence:

“A new study involving almost 7 million health records has found that males are more exposed to the effect of cannabis use disorder on schizophrenia than females.”

Huh?

I looked at the study the article was based on, they use a lot of technical jargon.

3 Likes

“Oh no I’m one of 7 million males!”

You’re right, trash.

2 Likes

The one thing I can say for the Forbes piece… a long way into it there’s a paragraph where the author acknowledges that cannabis has been demonized (ala Reefer Madness) and therefore there’s distrust and a need for some sensitivity.

2 Likes

“Randomized controlled trials were not feasible.”

2 Likes

They’re talking about Cannabis Use Disorder, not simply cannabis use.

2 Likes