Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

It’s not quite true that they can’t deduct any expenses on their federal taxes, but it is true that they can’t deduct for most of the money they spend. They can deduct the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), ie they should be able to deduct the cost of the products they purchase that they then sell on to customers (they might be able to deduct for salaries paid to budtenders, not sure about that, and could possibly deduct for the portion of their rented space dedicated to sales). That said, licensing costs, insurance, security costs, advertising, salaries of non-sales staff, all of that isn’t deductible.

2 Likes
5 Likes

WTF??
It was a legal grow, minus a local permit.
A swat type raid and killed the dog to boot.
Would they treat the police chiefs grow the same way?
What the fuck is with these clowns.
That is the current form of Legalization for ya, isn’t it grand???
Oh, boy. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes
8 Likes

Apparently it’s not just for relaxation, medicine, food, soil decontamination, ropemaking and construction anymore… our favorite plant is also a mosquito repellant.

6 Likes
5 Likes

https://hightimes.com/dispensaries/the-power-of-the-sun/

8 Likes

I have always wondered if you could use high grade fiber optic cables to pump sunlight into a underground facility to grow on a large scale. Being underground would cut the cost of heating and cooling and be isolated from outside pathogens and pests.

There is a huge city built under Kansas just for the controlled environment.

5 Likes

There’s something called “solar tubes” which are a similar concept, just a hell of a lot bigger and more cumbersome to install. I looked into it when I was buying lights for my room downstairs. Unfortunately, they’re about $500-1k each to install depending on the layout of the house, and the light they deliver doesn’t seem to be commensurate with the cost. Maybe in a few decades. :frowning: Till then, solar power for LED lights it is, at least for me…

5 Likes
3 Likes

All I care is that the DEA’s eradication budgets go away. Removing cannabis from Schedule 1 would be a good start, and that’s coming.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Just never mix them. :laughing: :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nobody bitches about how much power other industries use to produce their goods but heaven forbid we waste 1% to grow pot. (Pearl clutching ensues).

Bitcoin mining uses a shit-ton more power and produces sweet fug all but people are bitching about that now too.

The grid needs a massive upgrade to support the electrification of everything being planned to reduce CO2 emissions so let’s get on that and stop worrying about buds.

:peace:

4 Likes

Comming probably sooner or later.
Personally, I am not so sure it is a good thing, the UK has cannabis as Schedule 2 and the laws there are not ideal, in fact some may say they are worse than here in the US.

2 Likes

I don’t believe they are equivalent tho I’m not positive.

:peace:

2 Likes

Lucky wasn’t one of my dogs or it would have been RAMBO Part 4 !!!

:100:

3 Likes

Ok, fair enough, I am not sure either.
I assumed they would be due to international laws.
But really I don’t know shit about international laws so that is something to consider… :joy:

2 Likes

Too bad there isn’t a cheap natural source of light.

5 Likes

Oddly, nobody bitches about how much energy TV and video gaming uses. They don’t produce anything either, except a distracted population that’s mostly too busy watching Jerry Springer or Oprah to read up on any of the economic or geopolitical issues facing the world today, and votes exactly as they’re told. Wait… maybe that’s the real goal here, not reduction of emissions. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

The government would love for you to own nothing and be happy about it

9 Likes