Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes

Edibles and smoking produce different effects. Edibles tend to have more body effect where smoking has more “head” effect. In effect smoking gets you “high” where eating tend to relax.

3 Likes

The edible use increased heavily because a lot of older people who wanted to try weed for the first time, didn’t smoke, or want to start smoking anything. So edibles was the preference for them.

3 Likes
4 Likes

great stuff…
This story is the first in a four-part series about cannabis equity in America. The USC Annenberg Center for Health Journalism’s 2021 National Fellowship supported reporting for this project.

CEO Kim Rivers is a lawyer whose specialty was mergers and acquisitions. Cannabis insiders have in mind Trulieve when discussing shitty weed as a probable consequence of corporate pot’s looming dominance.

3 Likes

I can see that. Heck we DO that. I make pot cookies which we take a few hours before bedtime. Not strong enough to really feel stoned, but helps us sleep. Also, I have cut smoking to 1 or 2 days a week for the reasons you wrote. I find the high better this way, for me.

3 Likes

I’m convinced that everybody gets different effects from different forms of intake. For myself and some other friends, edibles and oral intake is vastly different and less effective than inhalation. I don’t know why.

Taking tincture sub-lingually should give me the same effect as inhalation, but it doesn’t it’s not even close. All I get from tincture & edibles is a heavy, groggy feeling that is unpleasant. Other people like edibles best. It must be differences in our physiology. A lot of big "inhalers’ that I know don’t feel anything from edibles. I’m not that bad but close. I wonder if it’s got something to do with the terpenes or other non-cannabioid ingredients of the herb.

4 Likes

In order to pass Malden’s Cannabis Licensing and Enforcement Committee (CLEC), we had to prove that we have $2 Million in hand

2 Likes

re:

I’m still looking for the old black cherry soda cutting. that was the best (non-hemp) line for cbg production I ever found.

if anybody still has that cut, you may really have something desirable now.

4 Likes

It may have to do with how your body utilizes the THC. Inhilation through the lungs, edibles through the stomach and I think the liver. There’s a “blood block?” between the brain and the rest of you that I think acts like a filter so your brain doesn’t get toxins. Maybe inhilation gets past that? Dunno - but for sure, very different feeling between inhilation and edible.

3 Likes

Saliva based cannabis tests coming soon to a Cop Shop near you…. Friend of mine, who owns a large testing ( human blood, hair, saliva ) company in Southern California says we are on the doorstep… will get actual data out soon but test measures ( supposedly) recent cannabis consumption…too bad no real studies on how it affects people due to Federal prohibition…When it becomes a revenue tool government is 100% onboard even if the science is light, mother truckers!!!

5 Likes

A Q&A With the Scientist Who Discovered Cannabis Can Prevent COVID-19

great interview! this is funny - I wouldn’t get your hopes up buddy - cannabis, red clover, and black cohosh - I"m sure the NIH has got your back on that! Wild plants from nature. Right.

I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed that my next NIH grant proposal gets funded.

5 Likes

“Higher tax revenues don’t mean more cannabis sold since state governments are generally taking 30 cents of every dollar spent on cannabis, much higher than the average tax rate on alcohol,” said Joe Caltabiano, the CEO of Choice Consolidation, a cannabis-sector SPAC, who co-founded billion-dollar multi-state operator Cresco Labs.

“The truth is that cannabis is a wellness product, and high taxes prevent people from accessing cannabis,” he added. “Conversely, if state governments taxed cannabis less, the industry would see increased sales, people would be able to transition from pharmaceuticals to utilize the nontoxic cannabis plant, and sales would move to the regulated market from the illicit market.”

5 Likes

https://indianexpress.com/article/world/costa-rican-president-vetoes-legalization-of-medicinal-marijuana-7745699/

6 Likes

I would expect nothing less from the Garden State.

6 Likes

Follow up…

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

https://1010wcsi.com/fox-news/60-suspected-drug-dealers-in-florida-arrested-during-sting-operation-using-dating-apps-social-media/

3 Likes

overgrow in progress in Virginia…thousands of new growers must be coming online!

4 Likes