Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

My Mexican friends called it Mota… Wonder where that’s gonna fall. Since its not cannabis, its probably illegal still LOL…

So, this receipt thing. Buy one time. Never have on your person, more than the quantity on the receipt. Who are they to say “this weed is 6 months old??”. Its like the tax stamps they did out in Colorado in the 90s was it? Still illegal, but if ya had the tax stamps they couldn’t prosecute for tax evasion.

6 Likes

yes, it’s good to remember than prohibition started with an unrealistic tax! The federal bills all include federal taxes to drive the price up even higher, they should all be called “The Marihuana Tax Act of 2021” IMO.

I read that the Spanish word for cannabis is “canamo”??? have not confirmed that w/ anyone who speaks it…

3 Likes

From what I understand thats the equivolent of Hemp…

3 Likes

we’ll have to see how the silliness plays out. In Mass. it’s technically illegal to have cannabis in the car if the container is not hermetically sealed. If it’s unsealed, like a glass jar, it must be locked in the glove box or trunk. Therefore I always keep my weed in the glove box.

But it’s been 6 years and I haven’t heard about a single case of them fucking with people over an open container in the car. Real cops are concerned more about people OD’ing and crashing their cars on opiates, they know cannabis doesn’t cause that.

Let’s face it, we keep passing hundreds of new laws every year, the vast majority are unenforced.

5 Likes

Just another sweeping generalization by self-interested parties based on weak evidence:

“The search retrieved 10 eligible meta-analyses…with evidence ranging from low to moderate quality”

5 Likes

Big Weed is on the brink of scoring big political wins. So where are they?

Competing agendas have stifled the effectiveness of the burgeoning industry on Capitol Hill.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/22/big-weed-brink-scoring-political-wins-527604

4 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

That’s interesting, I would have thought edibles would have a greater use. After legalizing here edible consumption went through the roof with the over 50,'s of the population who had never used cannabis before.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

https://manometcurrent.com/a-year-in-prison-for-giulianis-associate-who-financed-republican-campaigns-in-the-united-states-with-russian-funds/

He confessed to soliciting a million dollars from Russian businessman Andrey Muraviev to donate to Republican campaigns in Nevada, Florida and other states, as part of an attempt to launch a recreational marijuana company.

3 Likes
3 Likes

interesting, would have to agree to disagree with Shaleen here. I know she favors keeping state-level bans on interstate commerce in place after federal legalization. That screws the consumer badly, in cold northern states we’ll pay twice as much. State regs here also pretty much ban outdoor farming of cannabis. Outdoor weed from Oregon, California, or even Colombia & Mexico should eventually cost 10 bucks an ounce, 20 bucks an ounce.

“Equity” that comes from forcing consumers to pay monopoly-level prices is wrong. “Equity” is kicking ass in Oklahoma, which does not have “social equity” rules like the ones Shaleen is advocating. They found “equity” by reducing taxes, fees, compliance costs, and other barriers to entry.

7 Likes
3 Likes

NJ says no grow, Thailand says yes grow.
Hmmm…

Thailand Gives Green Light to Growing Cannabis at Home

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-01-25/thailand-gives-green-light-to-growing-cannabis-at-home

8 Likes

That’s why Thailand is famously known as “The Land of the Free,” I guess!

4 Likes

this is not cool

Under the new rule, people can grow cannabis plants at home after notifying their local government

3 Likes

the wondeful Koch Brothers are here to save us all! These “Libertarian” guys still want a federal tax on weed…doesn’t sound very libertarian to me…a real libertarian would want cannabis de-scheduled and completely removed from federal law

4 Likes

Anyone planning to go to Spannabis ?

3 Likes