Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Marijuana has a lower potential for abuse than other drugs that are subjected to the same restrictions.

Can this not be said once cannabis is sch. 3?

Sch. 3 is not the way to go either…WTF is wrong with these people? :grimacing:

Oh yea, everyday smokers support these kinds of lies cause they want store-bought garbage that has been adulterated with who knows what to give it a smell.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, shipped via who (who’s the carrier)?

2 Likes

3 Likes

GSO (Golden State Overnight) is a great choice for shipping. I’ve used them countless times when I work at a winery.

3 Likes

I don’t know - i’m not doing the shipping but the option exists on the medical caregiver side IME

3 Likes

The company doesn’t matter if it’s crossing state lines. USPS or fedex doesn’t matter

2 Likes

When it comes down to it, it’s basically just the Cole Memo… if the federal government wanted to go after people the fact that the companies are operating purely intrastate has no affect on whether Congress has the authority to regulate (the interstate commerce clause has been interpreted to apply very broadly, see for example, Gonzales v Raich).

3 Likes
6 Likes

That link is behind a paywall for me anyhow…

They claim to have dumped 200 million dollars worth of unsold lights ect in a landfill…LOL
3:13 in…

4 Likes

Guess stoners won’t buy just any crap

5 Likes

i’m going to the trouble of making my own lights so i won’t have to spend much on lights. looks like i’m gonna get two about 200w or so, maybe a tad less, for just about $80. lots of tiny soldering and some math though. since i’ve got all kinds of free time and very little cash to throw around it’s great. i’ll bet those lights got recycled unless the landfill workers just did not see them at all. i know a few guys that work at one and they get all kinds of cool shit. i almost took a part time job there just to pick through it. smell was terrible though.

5 Likes
4 Likes

It’s really unclear what the drug “Kush” is exactly, but TBH it sounds like it’s probably the synthetic cannabinoid product K2. Most of the information about the situation appears on the face of it to be outright garbage (Why not just collect samples of the “Kush” available in these countries and sample it to see what it is, instead of quoting people listing off a bunch of things they’ve heard it contains?)

3 Likes

that doesn’t drive the engagement as well.

3 Likes

Here is another story about corruption in the cannabis industry.
It would seem us small time crooks have just handed cannabis over to the real professionals.
I hate a dirty cop

Masecchia, 57, told law enforcement officials that he and others in the drug trade had help from Bongiovanni, a Drug Enforcement Administration agent at the time. He said Bongiovanni helped him and other drug traffickers avoid arrest by providing “law enforcement-sensitive information,” including the names of potential cooperating witnesses.

Prosecution court papers include a copy of a 2013 email from an unidentified federal agent to Bongiovanni, stating that Masecchia is “an associate member and possibly a made member” of the Buffalo Mafia family. Masecchia made no admission of being a member of the Mafia in his plea agreement.

Bongiovanni, now retired, has denied the accusations against him, including that he received $250,000 in bribes from Masecchia and others to protect them. Jury selection for Bongiovanni’s trial on bribery, drug trafficking and other charges is scheduled to start Feb. 12.

Does anyone else think the DEA guy will get off with no jail time?

Judge refuses shorter prison sentence for marijuana trafficker who cited protection from DEA agent.

4 Likes

I don’t think anybody here identifies as a crook. However this story does seem par for the course.

cest la vie

3 Likes

I agree, but folks today say they would rather purchase cannabis at a store vs a scummy drug dealer from the past.
These are their words not mine.
I tried to find that exact quote but could not.
I found this…

bigtacofarmer said:

Ive seen a handful of people on here say things that suggest that if you are not growing for a large legal operation then it must mean you are a part of a cartel or a crazy meth addict.

Some other quotes from the thread.
How is it for low level criminal dealers like Shaggy

Do I have to worship low level drug dealers to be here ?

4 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

I do however identify as an arsonist every time I light the bowl! lol

3 Likes