Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Legalization Nation: CT’s cannabis crackdown

https://www.greenstate.com/perspective/legalization-nation-ct-cannabis-crackdown/

6 Likes

Cannabis culture is on it’s way out.
This makes me very sad, cause I love history of all kinds.
Cannabis pioneers will be recorded as scummy drug dealer types.
Meanwhile, corporate cannabis is seen as the hero cause they pushed for legalization.

From the link…
I like these the best.

6 Likes

Seems it’s all by design…this other comic snippet hits at the root cause >>>

8 Likes
6 Likes

Gov. DeWine says Delta 8 THC products ‘too accessible’ in Ohio

https://www.wdtn.com/as-seen-on-2-news/gov-dewine-says-delta-8-thc-products-too-accessible-in-ohio/

4 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

This is just utterly rediculous.
The judge who sentenced him is probably making money from cannabis as I type.
How can there be such a disconnect?

5 Likes

Ohio Poison Control Center says there have been at least 257 cases of Delta 8 THC poisonings in the last three years. In 2023, there were 102 cases, 40 of them involving children under six.

The state legislature is starting to review potential restrictions and bans, including whether or not the gummies should be included with Issue 2, or regulated on their own.

Delta 8 will soon have its own regulations.

1 Like

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which is responsible for the automatic expungements, cited “overall technical infrastructure needs” as the reason for the delay, emphasizing the challenges in identifying eligible records and informing affected individuals.

I would love to hear them say “overall technical infrastructure needs” as the reason for the delay in collecting licensing fees:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes
4 Likes

Avoiding a lawsuit :joy:. If it’s legal how can you tell them they can’t!

2 Likes

Pretty easily! Lots of case law in the US regarding this, and it’s even gone to state supreme courts. US labor laws are terrible in general, grossly favoring the employer (capitalist robber baron overlords) in almost all cases despite positive case law the last 20 years. And it’s worse for weed users.

:peace_symbol: :rainbow:
:sun_with_face:

5 Likes

I agree it’s pretty easy just not legal. I can tell my employees not to drink?

3 Likes

i can tell my employees they can’t smoke cigarettes. it’s been done and upheld by courts. i wouldn’t, but i could.

On company property this is true. You know that’s not what I was saying.

3 Likes

The hospitals around here do not let their employee’s smoke, at all. Even test for nicotine. Totally legal here in MO.

2 Likes

That’s insane. What about drinking?

1 Like

Not that I have ever heard. They claim the ban on smoking is because they should set an example. Smoking is legal, but not healthy. But even that decision is based on money. Health insurance rates are cheaper for non smokers.

2 Likes

I’d push the argument to the fullest. Drinking is legal, but not healthy. If it’s good for one it’s good for all. I’d also be curious if it extends to the board members also. They are employees

2 Likes