Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

The NYT is making German Federal Council approval sound less assured than GMR, i.e. they say the council can’t delay enactment endlessly, but could send it back for arbitration which might push back the start date (apparently a number of German states are opposed, and public support isn’t as strong as it is in the US… NYT says 47% opposed, 43% in support).

3 Likes
6 Likes

The Rise of ‘Red State Weed’ and What to Do About It

https://www.lancasterfarming.com/farming-news/hemp/the-rise-of-red-state-weed-and-what-to-do-about-it/article_b7cbeaca-d0d8-11ee-b55b-27b64468fe72.html?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

8 Likes

Allegations of unethical politics and lawsuits surround efforts by eight marijuana companies to operate in the 8,300-resident town.

The cannabis industry will soon be run by nothing but crooks.

It is getting pretty cutthroat here in Michigan.
8 companies fighting over a 8,300 resident town.
I know it is the business they get from the illegal state they are after.

It used to be all different companies setting up shop, but now it is the same big companies and they are still building stores where I live.

Cannabis consolidation will not be good for prices, I think that is exactly what these crooks are waiting for.
That is when they will be raking in the dough, and they know this.

3 Likes

“Based on the definition of marihuana, spelled with an H under our Controlled Substances Act, it was quite clear to me that that certain elements of the plant, and certain variations of the plant grown internationally, were indeed lawful under our Controlled Substances Act,” he said.

“And CBD is not and was never a scheduled substance.”

I wonder what will happen when they do shedule CBD?

1 Like

They are gonna list all them shag, because they are paid ,for something, something

2 Likes

it already is.

4 Likes

No different than any other industry

7 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Just to throw some current ny news/experience in. The processors are currently going into all the new dispensary that are opening with this sales pitch……we’ll give you a net 3-6 months to pay, but you have to take our catalog.
This essentially funds dispensary and shuts out small farms trying to get there products into dispensary.
My prediction is micro business are going to be the best place to get flower. All the dispensary menus will just be the processor lines

4 Likes
6 Likes

I agree 100%
And we really need the mico businesses too.
If they fail we will be left with Philip Morris Cannabis.

@Emeraldgreen
Am I the only one who thinks it is strange NY seems to be allowing illegal cannabis sales?
They are allowing it right?

3 Likes

But NO Home growing legally, so it’s bowing down to corporate Cannabiz.

3 Likes

I have theories about illegal sales in ny. I especially believe it’s political in nyc. I don’t see how it can be so flagrant without connection
It’s not official allowed, but they claim no one is able to enforce.

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

since you mentioned nyc, i believe there is your answer. i know a little bit about that area, and how the ‘family run businesses’ operate if you know where to look. granted it’s been 30 years since i was familiar with it so it could have changed, but i doubt it seriously since there was so much money in it. the way they permeate the business operations there i have no doubt whatsoever that they are well inserted into cannabis now that it’s legal and were probably instrumental in shaping the laws.

1 Like

Hopefully you stopped into New haven for some Pizza. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I was in New Haven for a few days, and yes, of course (we tried to go to Modern once but it was busy so we went to the Indian diner on Chapel instead, but we stopped back the next day and waltzed right in). Thankfully remembered to have some Foxon Park Gassosa too (lightly lemon soda).

I was thinking about it while I was at Modern and find it weird I’ve never been to Sally’s. Used to love Frank Pepe’s but I found it less than perfect a few times (it was mostly takeout, but once there too… I have a conspiracy theory that sometimes they use the ovens at “The Spot” and don’t tell you they didn’t use the old ovens).

I find it weird there’s no AU dispensary anywhere in downtown New Haven. There’s one in New Haven, but it’s several miles out on Whalley. Some chain delivery service popped up, but I dunno (it wasn’t really for me so I wasn’t that motivated).

4 Likes