Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Some folks said legalization would bring safer weed to consumers.
That has not been the case.

Additionally, testing for toxins, pesticides and total yeast and mold can also fall victim to falsification. Recent reports reveal instances where labs in New York and other states have passed products that should have failed. This casts doubt on the credibility of the broader testing processes in place.

there is little to no oversight when it comes to enforcing these guidelines.

This is a joke…

Cannabis consumers, industry players and the public must also continue to advocate for better oversight in sampling and testing to ensure safety, transparency and accountability and to foster trust from the cannabis community.

How about the regulators do some regulating…WTF?

7 Likes
4 Likes

Will this be how future states legalize?

It is not currently legal for people to grow cannabis in Delaware , even if they are medical marijuana patients.

It is a felony under Delware cannabis law to grow, manufacture, distribute, or sell any amount of marijuana.

Those caught with between 4000 and 5000 grams can face up to 15 years in prison, while the maximum sentence for any amount higher than that is 25 years.

25 years in prison for doing what cops and judges are doing sounds reasonable right?

4 Likes

I think testing has always been a feel good factor for people.
The bigger operators simply tell labs make it work or we’ll find a lab that does. Much harder for small farms to do that.

Talk to people in the lab industry. It’s presented as being infallible and scientifically accurate. The reality is so much different. Machines can not be calibrated right, dirty and mess up the results. The water supply can mess up the result!!
Literally had a lab guy say if we tested lettuce from a supermarket, we’d stop eating produce

Consumer should really care about accuracy in thc!! You are paying tax based on thc

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

If the test is done right before scheduled calibration service it can read higher. I hear stories of labs testing certain customers at the end of the cycle and charging extra. Also you can dust your upper best buds with kief from the same plant and get a much higher THC percentage result. Moisture content is measured and recorded by most labs so just dying out the sample isn’t good enough now

2 Likes

NY has the lab send someone to pick the samples randomly. You can’t cherry pick what you send in
The amount of water in the sample also has to be at a certain level to pass the test. Part of the reason dispensary weed is always dryer than wanted

5 Likes

What does the marijuana amendment that Floridians will vote on actually say?

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article287292920.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article287292920.html?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

5 Likes

unclear language my arse. it is extremely clear in what it does. it just does what those in charge (the ones who like controlling everyone and everything) don’t want done.

2 Likes

https://hightimes.com/news/colorado-bill-banning-social-media-mj-drug-posts-raises-constitutional-concerns/

7 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Didn’t a study just come out saying CBD doesn’t help with pain?

3 Likes

I’m sure CBD has some benefits but it’s never helped me for pain. Not even close. I think it’s a placebo

3 Likes

Both of the CBD vs. Pain articles are just literature reviews - they search for, rate, and review the existing literature on the topic. Basically, the lit reviews can range in quality from comprehensive, to a stoner in their basement “doing research,” so who knows how thorough they were in their reviews. Neither one is new research - just reporting on existing research.

The action mechanism for CBD and pain relief is theorized to be from its effect on inflammation and since only some pain is related to inflammation, CBD doesn’t work on many other types of pain. There’s not great research on it yet because no rich people want to donate the $300-$500K it would cost to design and conduct a quality piece of research on human subjects, and the govts of the world are mostly still anti weed and not giving out research bucks to study it.

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

I’m skeptical about some of the claims the… center-right think tank fellow and digital media director… quoted liberally in the “article” is making about constitutional infringements. How does barring social media companies from telling users the government is asking for their data a violation of the user’s fourth amendment rights? Why would the language of the bill force social media companies to take action against users posting about NyQuil? Whose first amendment rights are being infringed on?

On a separate topic, it’s a strange day when you feel bad for the long-suffering FBI agents.

6 Likes

Hawaii declines to vote on legalizing cannabis - Washington Examiner :unamused:

2 Likes
7 Likes