Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Rescheduling is a bad compromise. The pressure is on for them to do something.

If they reschedule and convince a good portion of voters that the problem is solved, it could be a very long time until there is any meaningful progress.

That’s one of the many reasons I don’t like the idea of rescheduling.

3 Likes

Calif. cops forced to return $800,000 in pot after controversial raid

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/calif-cops-forced-to-return-800k-in-cannabis-19370034.php

5 Likes

It’s about time they get slapped back. Always amazed me how law enforcement thinks they’re above the law
If sue for lost money and ruined product

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

RPI Researchers Awarded $1.5M To Produce Hemp-Based Insulated Siding

Sustainably improving energy efficiency subject of multi-year federal DOE grant

9 Likes

Funny how things vary by state though. New Jersey’s no different, high prices all around. But hey, at least New York’s keeping it somewhat reasonable. Private farms for the win

2 Likes

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin officially killed a bill that would have authorized state-regulated adult-use cannabis commerce

Cannabis is already legal (including Home grow(4 plants)) in Va but this republican governor refuses to allow recreational sales even though voters approved prior to him being elected. So either he wishes the black market to continue in his state or he is perfectly content to surrender the tax income that has legal recreational in neighboring jurisdiction such as Md or both. Even the governor of PA. Has thrown in the towel recognizing the inevitable.

Voters need to remind politicians who they serve. Luckily for Virginians they are halfway though a mandatory 1 term limit.

Smib

7 Likes

Unfortunately, having a black market means they have an excuse to continue drug war era law enforcement. That means a lot more to some people than the tax revenue :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

There might be some truth to this, but it has already been legalized recreationally in VA, and home growing is allowed. You can legally walk around with an ounce in your pocket, so it’s not like people are getting fines and jail time for dime bags like they were a few years ago.

The tax income is a no brainier. And the grey market is already flourishing. I don’t see a logical reason to veto something like this. Youngkin is pissed off that he didn’t get his sports arena in Nova.

6 Likes

The female grassroots movement taking on the European cannabis industry

https://www.greenstate.com/equity/the-female-grassroots-movement-taking-on-the-european-cannabis-industry/

5 Likes

Youngkin threatened a veto before the sports complex became an issue. He is just a not on my watch kind of guy. I don’t live in Va but live in a neighboring jurisdiction (MD) that is benefiting from his refusal to submit to the will of his voters.

My frustration comes from politicians who run on the “will of the people” who then acts like “screw those people over there” once elected. I read so much bs that flows out of the mouths of authorities who obviously have no idea what they are talking about. (Rats high as hell from eating weed in New Orleans. Who effing decarbbed that stuff for them?) using a position of authority, to spew bs to the population. Oh that’s right we can’t handle the truth.

Tired of ranting need to recreationally medicate.

Smib

4 Likes

He also refused to sign a bill to resentance those currently doing time for cannabis convictions

5 Likes

I can say that prior to ny legalization Massachusetts benefited tremendously. It kept the prices high from increased demand.
The Massachusetts price dropped bit once the ny business left.

5 Likes

Wow, what a can of worms.
Farcical leadership.

Hahaha

In 2018, Republicans accidentally legalized cannabis. Now 22 AGs want them to undo it

https://thehill.com/homenews/4564181-2018-farm-bill-hemp-cannabis-attorneys-general/?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

11 Likes

Trying to regulate a plant that has been cultivated for millennia and which every part has a beneficial use is the true farce in all of this, and has only been in place for less than a century!

7 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes