Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Half a tonne of weed spilled across road on 420 day (msn.com)

5 Likes

Last I checked a ton is 2000lbs, maybe calling 500lbs a half ton makes for a better headline?

3 Likes

They’re calling it a tonne and a tonne weighs 2,200lbs so half a tonne is 1,100lbs so bigger fail! lol

It’s MSN so not surprising.

:peace:

4 Likes
5 Likes

LOL

4 Likes

Depends. Still a grey area with Law Enforcement (they could technically smoke, but not within 24hrs of a shift, how thats measured? god only knows). Neighbor is a prison guard, his wife is a smoker, he would love nothing more than to partake with us, but work still presents a problem. And there’s talk of laws being drafted to prevent all LEO / prison guards / etc from partaking at all, at any time. By the same governor who legalized it. SMH

4 Likes

Canadian police are not allowed to smoke weed on or off duty, probably the same for prison staff as well here.

3 Likes

Most “tax and regulate” schemes repeat the core mistakes of prohibition. The staggering popularity of illegal cannabis sales in legal states gives a clear warning to Congress: high compliance costs and taxes on cannabis will leave a majority of transactions untouched, and most buyers will still be criminalized. High taxes and meddling restrictions will limit the economic and humanitarian benefits associated with cannabis reform, retrench the black market, and continue the discriminatory impact of cannabis criminalization on the poor.

6 Likes

I can’t speak to other states, but I know Mass requires, and Vermont will require, testing for mold/contaminants, etc. Vermont does have THC caps, 30% for flower, and I can’t remember what concentrate is, not that high I don’t think, maybe 60 or so.

When the dispos first opened near me I went a few times but mostly kept going to my friend at the time, mostly because it was much cheaper and usually of similar quality. Also dispos feel impersonal, I was so used to going to the same person for years (and before that, a different person for years, etc).

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Huh, I must have misunderstood, I thought the existing med dispensaries could begin sales May 1st without applying for the integrated license? Actually maybe I’m doubly confused because my understanding was that Tier 1 cultivators have been the only group eligible to apply (it was supposed to be until May 1st but the board voted yesterday to allow Tiers 2-4 cultivators to apply early). Unless I missed something that would mean the med dispensaries couldn’t apply until next week (the 1st is Sunday) and there wouldn’t be a reason for them to seek prequalification.

The CCB needs to hire a licensing agent and… director of licensing or something like that. That’s the hold up.

2 Likes

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3462636-pot-taxes-surpass-those-from-alcohol-in-legalization-states/

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Because most senators get big back handers from the pharmaceutical industry to keep the status quo.

5 Likes
5 Likes