Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Not just big pharma but law enforcement that likes the easy arrests to make them look good. The for-profit prison system is topped up with harmless pot users/sellers so can’t lose that revenue.

Then there’s the Christian attitude our laws in North America are based on. Pleasure is sinful, (thus sin taxes of tobacco, alcohol and now pot), so smoking pot is sinful because people derive pleasure from it’s use.

Same old tropes in that article that are proven as wrong as the gateway drug argument. What about the kids! Carnage on the roads from stoned drivers. Yadda-yadda etc.

I figured Obama would have got this done and with the majority of citizens wanting it I for sure thought Biden would but he is ancient with ancient attitudes about things like pot. If tRump could have made money off it he would have but was too stupid to see the potential.

I’m sure it would help the Dems in the mid-terms if Biden use an executive order to get pot off Schedule 1 soon but they seem to want to lose in that. With Manchin and what’s her name being DINOs Biden is being screwed over by his own party FFS.

Someday . . .

:peace:

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

The creators of edibles should be smart enough to know that the big brands will go out of their way to protect the integrity of their trademarks, mostly because they HAVE to. If it means leaning on their purchased members of Congress to make it happen, then they will, and that screws over EVERYBODY.

4 Likes

Superette is a very weird 50s diner/grocery store kind of place.

3 Likes

I agree 100%. It’s also why i think the cannabis market is a rocket into the profit stratosphere. But as we all know, a rocket goes up fast and comes down almost as fast. As prices increase and the profit motive becomes the norm, growing your own will likely become more widespread, especially if grow tents and lighting become cheaper and better which is highly likely.
Further, this past 420 holiday, I bought some oil from our local pot shop. I tried a bit of it and the effect was almost dull compared to my own, grown outdoors, organically in the sun and i don’t do or add anything to boost the buzz. Point being, commercial weed, grown and processed mechanically, may get a high THC rating, but after being shipped and stored in various conditions and maybe on the shelf for an indefinite period, could lose half that rating. Homegrown with respect and care rules.

5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I think there’s still a market for CBD. They will lose that edge, but doesn’t a liquor store carry wine, beer and hard liquor? To each his own. And there are proven uses for CBD, so they will just lose their “inflated” share, and get a regular share of the market.

I mean, c’mon, half the gas stations that sell CBD are selling regular weed AS CBD… (obviously to skirt the law since no retail was open for the past year), customers knew it wasnt CBD.

But I know people who benefit from CBD and not THC buds, so they likely won’t change, just hope they can find their meds if the retailers do…

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Q&A: PBS NOVA and Sarah Holt attempt to answer ‘The Cannabis Question’

https://www.greenstate.com/culture/pbs-nova-and-sarah-holt-attempt-to-answer-the-cannabis-question/

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Anybody hear of Genistein? Good article, especially for heavy smokers. Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

4 Likes

I just read a similar article at ScienceAlert.com that mentions Genistein but it’s saying that smoking pot as infrequently as once a month has heart harmful effects.

I’ve been toking almost daily for over 50 years and the last time I had heart function tested was told that everything was perfect. Never had any kind of issues with the old ticker and all of the chronic tokers I’ve ever known seem fine too.

Science Alert is a great site for all sorts of things sciencey. I check out the Latest page every morning while getting a coffee or two in me.

:peace:

6 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes