Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I’m so glad they are finally getting the karma they deserve! My little old hash brand got 2nd place at a HT cup to Stizzy. And they just happened to also pay to 150k Sponsorship package. And won 1st place in every category. Even back then, we knew they were cheating on tests.

There were literally 0 big legal farms in the state with trim that could pass honest lab testing. I saw this having been burned by every huge farm in central cali. Spent over 2k on sample testing, just for every farm to fail miserably. And like clockwork try to blame use for using an honest lab.

Its a whole industry of deception and harmful product. Stiizy was just the front line of the BS since they had something like 50 million in corporate investor capital. Back in 2018 I knew so many folks warning this is exactly what would happen if Prop 64 passed. And now 5+ years later, it turned out worse than even us pessimists imagined.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Can you image what the feds and media would do and say to George Washington about his illegally imported molasses and rum to avoid taxes.

5 Likes

i wish i still had the book “george washington’s expense account”. it had the copies of the originals and then typed copies to read better. it was pretty interesting seeing just how much he padded his expenses. not as bad as some of the crooks these days but certainly not the paragon of honesty he is portrayed as.

4 Likes

I know his dirty elitist ways. Shays Rebellion is a good example of his hypocrisy. He raised an army to punish a group of colonist who didnt want to pay good ole Georges high taxes and fund his debt.

Edit- Who knew that it wasnt until Andrew Jackson the 7th U.S. President that we had a real American President who did not speak the Kings English and was not raised in the Kings Courts, educated in the Kings Universities or worked for the Kings Corporations. The First Peoples President Andrew Jackson.

https://www.taraross.com/post/tdih-jackson-inauguration

4 Likes

Early American History is more mythology than fact, depending upon your sources, that is.

3 Likes

He was quite the asshole, IMO, but my wife’s Cherokee ancestors are where that opinion comes from.

3 Likes

The Trial of Tears State Park is just a few miles north of my house. They have good reason to hate Jackson.

3 Likes

damn, that was quick. not like it was not true, he did a hell of a number on the cherokee nation when he relocated them, not to mention his other racist policies. i wonder how long this one will stay up…

just had a thought: this is a sign of that follower i have. not sure if it’s a fed investigating or just someone i pissed off. i tend to do that sometimes.

1 Like
3 Likes

Of course teens are turning away from Cannabis now that old squares are buying and smoking.

4 Likes

My real life experience says this is the case too.

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s b.c the cookie/zkittlez/hash cultivars being sold as flower (AKA blockwork dominating the commercial space) are giving a lackluster, narcotic experience that leaves something to be desired ?

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

https://www.greenstate.com/state-by-state/california/california-state-fair-cannabis-awards-recap/

3 Likes

Looks to be mostly hash cultivar hype stuff but I was pleasantly surprised to see Panama Red getting a runner-up shout out. Curious how much integrity there is going on in these comps, it seems that the cups have always been a *pay-to-play scenario ?

2 Likes
4 Likes