Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

really does it matter wh controls the market or susidiaries as for my self ill controll my own by over growing :laughing:

7 Likes

If they move it to schedule as medicine they may just make home growing illegal. Who am I kidding? They WILL make it illegal.

5 Likes

All we can do is look out for “ourselves”. Since industrialization, things folks did for themselves have been taken over by industry (from knitting mittens, baking bread and growing tomatoes,etc). Folks will accept “ good enough”if it frees up time for recreational pursuits…we choose to give up our freedoms in exchange to be lazy.

4 Likes
5 Likes

That is a good way to put it. There will always be room for really good unique craft cannabis.

4 Likes

I tried to tell folks this back in 2014, they all just said …NAW!
Called me chicken little too…I was soo hurt :roll_eyes:…LOL

“The industry’s not gonna go anywhere, it’s just going to bypass the people who created it, and I think that that’s the real crime.”

6 Likes

The way the people who only started after legalization speak of the old timers and black market is shameful.
The lack of understanding of what they did and the lack of respect shown for the risks taken is wrong.

5 Likes

im thinking making it illegal being illegal for the first 50 years of my life didnt stop me from smoking im having a hard time believing it would stop me now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Hopefully they’ll deal with the THC percentage cap on solid concentrates first, but here’s to hoping, I guess? I like Pepper, he seems to be a very thoughtful guy, but I’m a little skeptical about the Over 21 farmers market bit, that might work in Chittenden county, but I don’t know how well it would work in other less populated areas of the state.

5 Likes

Good news for a change, well maybe…LOL
Wow, we need more of this…

Vermont has allowed farmers to sell raw milk directly to consumers from their farms since 2009. Since 2014, it has allowed them to deliver and sell at farmers markets.

Kornheiser said she is “quite open-minded” about allowing farmers to sell cannabis directly to consumers.
We will see how it plays out, big Cannabis money will not like this one bit.

5 Likes

lol jokes on the govt its always been direct to consumer sales from growers i remember in the 80s there was some sensi that smelled exactly like a chistmas tree and would fuck you up :laughing:

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

They’ve been “threatening” this change for the last 2 decades but it never passes, they would be crazy to change the laws now.

Classic case of religion trying to pull the strings of government.

4 Likes

https://hightimes.com/news/u-s-virgin-islands-lawmakers-pass-cannabis-legalization-bill/

8 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/cannabis-industry-loves-linkedin-17683823.php

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

We did this to Zenleaf in Jersey and it was completely deserved. They had fake glowing reviews up a week before opening and one of them was from the CEO who was too stupid not to use his own google account with his name on it. He acted like he was a customer who had a great experience there.

Then they released their menu with prices ahead of time and they were priced higher than anyone in the state. It was clear they were only here to be setup for recreational and were willing to gouge patients until then. $70+ eighths! Everyone called them out for fake reviews and gouging and bombed their google reviews to the ground. Then a buddy of mine told me to check out reddit because they were talking about it there and a bunch of brand new accounts were coming in and very childishly defending the company. They’d say stuff like “I don’t know what you idiots are talking about, Zenleaf is fantastic and you’d have to be a moron not to think so”, really immature BS.

Then it came to light that the same CEO who wrote the fake reviews, and most likely made these one off accounts to troll, had a reddit history of using racial slurs pretty freely. After all this came out and people saw through their bullshit all their prices came down drastically to save their ass (not cheaper than other dispensaries but in line with standard NJ pricing).

Zenleaf will never see a dime of my money and I wish people didn’t forgive/forget so easily cause we could have shut them down before they were fully established. Instead rec passed and they have lines around the building from people who weren’t aware of any of the nonsense.

12 Likes