Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes

Yeah, the SEC will probably shut that company down now. Secret funding by a Russian Oligarch of a trade that is at best considered gray market at a federal level is in no way going to be tolerated.

4 Likes

Happy Christmas @Calyxander I hope you are having a wonderful day man and you stay warm :+1:

5 Likes

Christmastime hospital-room raid busts dying man for using marijuana extract

https://www.kansas.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/dion-lefler/article270381287.html

7 Likes

I wish I were even a little bit surprised to learn that my state governor has formed an alliance with a Russian oligarch to keep us as captive consumers, and is using their advertising budget to campaign against our freedom…

4 Likes
4 Likes

Gotta love this world.
Ex-Judges, cops, DEA ect. are all making bank from cannabis we know this to be true.
Meanwhile, a dying man in the hospital is a criminal for treating himself with the same shit these cops ect are selling to the public.

The double standard is the latest craze in 2023.

Oh, and now it is official, There is Russian collusion in the cannabis industry… :rofl:

4 Likes

This article is a good indication of what the cannabis industry is concerned about.
Note the focus is on the stock market not cannabis or the people who buy and use it.

Legal weed is about the stockholders not the people.
This will be a major problem in the future.

I feel when stockholders are able to make the legal cannabis rules the people will suffer in favor of profits.
The writing is on the wall. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Considering that the source of this article is a financial news site for cannabis investors, it is certainly slanted towards a shareholders’ perspective.
Regardless, it is the craven politicians that are consorting with the major corporations to shackle the freedom afforded by growing your own flowers.
The shareholders are only part owners of the corporations, they do not make money unless the corporation generates a tidy profit

It’s the verminous politicians refusing to stand up for the rights of the tax paying citizens which annoys and disappoints me much more than the shareholders of any publicly traded corporation.

8 Likes

This is part of the reason why you could not home brew beer until Jimmy Carter finally got it passed through Congress and signed into law. The beer corporations didn’t want people making their product at home and that avenue had been illegal since prohibition. It’s also why you still cannot produce distilled spirits at home, with the big distillers fanning the fear of products that could make you go blind.

6 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-fda-weighs-regulating-cannabis-compound-cbd-food-supplements-wsj-2022-12-27/

5 Likes

It seems like Southern states are in competition to see who will be the LAST to legalize. Unfortunately, a lot of conservative people are afraid that cannabis legalization will lead to the problems happening in many of our cities. They figure any change will be for the worse, and resist all changes, good or bad.
The truly reprehensible people are the ones who, despite knowing the facts, still support cannabis prohibition.

6 Likes

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4566499-investing-new-cannabis-world-after-terrible-2022?utm_source=flipboard&utm_medium=referral

4 Likes

Every year cannabis remains illegal, the greater the backlash is going to be once it’s made legal or at least tolerated. Of course, people are still getting it on the black market. Nobody is going to pay extra for mediocre bud, especially when the taxes are going to the same system that locked people up for cannabis before.
With every cannabis bust, and every delay of federal legalization undermines law enforcement and the state in general.

4 Likes

I refuse to be involved with the people or system that put me in prison foe growing a plant.
Not one thin dime,not one single bud.
They get what they fuckin deserve, nothing.

7 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

nothing but lip service

5 Likes
7 Likes

If cannabis is rescheduled under the Controlled Substances Act, regulating marijuana as medicine, it might, advocates worry, allow Big Pharma to control the market. And if it’s legalized at a federal level, some also fear that conglomerates like Amazon could quickly dominate a national adult-use marijuana industry.

4 Likes