Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

That is a great idea, cut out the middle man.
What if you could buy grower direct?
Now that is a concept to get behind.

6 Likes

Every single dictator in history has probably said something to that effect.

1 Like

What might happen is the same that happened in DC. Getting medical there is as easy as asking a doctor to give you an prescription, which they can do for ANY condition. Any jurisdictions who give medical to someone from a different state have practically legalized, and can expect a lot of business.
Itā€™s ridiculous what we have to do to get around federal law. Every day cannabis remains Schedule 1, the more foolish the government looks.

3 Likes

Damn, thatā€™s cheap. I can see why people in the business of cannabis want to keep it in its current legal gray area. Outright legalization would flood the market and put a lot of them out of business.

1 Like
3 Likes

i lived in florida over 20 years recreation will not happen hell you cant even grow if you have a MMJ

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Fla will go for it.

3 Likes

Thats the way it is in OK. They give temporary out of state visitor licenses. Anyone can get one with a doctorā€™s rec. You can get a doctorā€™s rec online for pretty cheap.

2 Likes

In other words, de facto legalization. I bet cops in Texas are losing their marbles knowing that for every person they catch with cannabis (that they might or might not be able to charge someone for), at least 20 others cross the border with impunity.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Kinda weirdā€¦ one company seems to have or will soon have a monopoly on weed there.

Is Weed Legal in Puerto Rico? PR Cannabis Laws (March 2023)

No. Marijuana is illegal in Puerto Rico for recreational use. The possession, cultivation , and sale of marijuana are state felonies.
Medical isā€¦
However, patients canā€™t grow their own plants.
Home cultivation isnā€™t permitted.

Penalties for Marijuana Possession

As mentioned earlier, penalties for possession are steep. Any amount may lead to a felony conviction, up to five years in prison, and $5,000 in fines on the first offense.

Subsequent offenses increase the jail time up to 10 years and add another $5,000 to the pool.

Distribution is also classified as a felony. First-time offenders may be sentenced to serve up to 20 years in prison and pay a maximum fine of $20,000. Subsequent offenses may lead to a maximum of 40 years and prison and $30,000 in fines.

Even if youā€™re caught with marijuana paraphernalia, such as pipes or bongs, youā€™ll be charged with a felony offense and be sentenced to five years in prison on top of paying a $5,000 fine.

To me that is the ultimate set up.
You can not grow your own and everyone has to buy their weed from me and it is all tax free too.
What more could a guy want from legalizationā€¦ :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

PA has been discussing it since NJ and NY started talking. They actually all had a meeting back before any state did it and agreed no home grow because it was easier to be scumbags if they presented a unified front. Thankfully NY came to their senses and scrapped that bullshit so it make NJ look even greedier not allowing it.

Philly decriminalized though already.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Also, no smokable forms of marijuana are allowed, even for medical users. Iā€™m surprised how draconian their laws are on this topicā€¦ also explains TPRCCā€™s focus on developing ā€œproductsā€ (i.e. not smokable forms).

4 Likes

We all know potency testing is a scam.
They act like they just found this outā€¦WTF?
What about safety testing?
So your pot canā€™t pass safety testing?
Well we will just change the rules so you can pass the test. :exploding_head:
By November, so many licensed growers were failing lab testing that the OCM relaxed its guidelines and temporarily eliminated tests for bacteria, yeast and mold.

So they are known to lie about the testing and the state is backing up thoses lies.
This to me is capital cronyism at its finest.

4 Likes

lmao potency testing the only way i want to test potency is when i smoke up do i see pink polka dotted elephants and flying fairies wirling around my head while im on the couch and cant move while trying to watch bugs bunny . now that i would say is a potent strain of cnnabis

6 Likes

Itā€™s hard for me to wrap my mind around, but the article says the discrepancy was between cannabis that had been ā€œline testedā€ versus the flower brought to a state lab for testingā€¦ and that ā€œline testingā€ means using the percentage of THC projected by the seed maker to ā€œfindā€ an average amount of THC that can be expected. In other words, not actually testing the flower, using marketing #s and statistics to come up with a number in order to speed the way for product to get on shelves.

Oy.

But anyway, different from companies gaming test results to put their product out as ā€œhigh THCā€

3 Likes

PS: They did keep testing requirements for pathogens (likely aspergillus, e coli, and salmonella). I think thereā€™s a balance that needs to be drawn on yeasts and molds in generalā€¦ to some degree they are going to exist on produce grown outdoors. On the other hand, I am an otherwise healthy individual, it might be different for someone with a compromised immune system.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes